REFs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REFs

Ok im not one of the people that usually say refs costs us the game. But if any of you watched the Dallas/Detriot game the flag which was picked up cost Detriot that game. I hope that doesn't happen to us. What a shame for a game outcome to be decided by the Ref's and in the playoffs.
    sigpicimage.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Refs we're horrid ill agree, but i think picking it up was the right call regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Colem9r View Post
      Ok im not one of the people that usually say refs costs us the game. But if any of you watched the Dallas/Detriot game the flag which was picked up cost Detriot that game. I hope that doesn't happen to us. What a shame for a game outcome to be decided by the Ref's and in the playoffs.
      I watched it and thought it was a deliberate attempt to manipulate the game in Dallas' favor. Even the ref they had in the both said it was a good call, then after they picked it up he supported the pick-up.

Sometimes I think the game is fixed and that is just another example. A couple plays later they popped the Lions back for a Defensive hold on a much less profound call.
      sigpic

Comment

I agree entirely. They announced the penalty then pick up the flag. What garbage. Even Mike Pereria said that was pass interference and the crew got it right. Too bad they didn't go back to him and ask why he thought they picked it up. The officiating is getting worse, not better. Make them full time officials with serious consequences if they screw up.
        :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

This is one they have to sit down and figure out. Along with the greater emphasis on safety with the face mask and helmet hits and offensive PI, etc, you can't expect a crew to perform well when they have not worked with each other. They aren't separate, independent officials. They are supposed to work together as a unit.

Enough with the experiment. That was embarrassing, even by the NFL's new levels of embarrassment.

Comment

Jerry Jones just made a couple referees millionaires, that's all.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the lions... but i think it has been decided that the Cowboys will at least be in the super bowl. That was one fo the worst reffed 4th quarters I've ever seen. Reminds me of when Ray the murderer announced his retirement and we got creamed by the refs in that Baltimore game. Poor lions fans had to deal with homer boy Troy Aikman the whole game spouting the greatness of the cowgirls....
              GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
              sigpic

Comment

jerrys world cant reach the frozen tundra of lambeau field.

Comment

Originally posted by 0rangeNBlue View Post
                  Refs we're horrid ill agree, but i think picking it up was the right call regardless.
                  Regardless Dez Bryant ran on the field without a helmet to argue the penalty, that in itself is a 15 yard penalty that is automatic.

Comment

That group of Refs should not ref another playoff game this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      I watched it and thought it was a deliberate attempt to manipulate the game in Dallas' favor. Even the ref they had in the both said it was a good call, then after they picked it up he supported the pick-up.

Sometimes I think the game is fixed and that is just another example. A couple plays later they popped the Lions back for a Defensive hold on a much less profound call.
                      I think the announcers tread carefully and would never actually say they think a flag was thrown to manipulate the game...even if they really think that. Nowadays, the announcers are more stooges/employees of the league than objective observers reporting on a sporting event. That said, I firmly believe there are occaissions when the fix is in and the refs are instructed to lean one way or another in an attempt to influence the game. You can bet you'll never hear an announcer implying that...if so, he/she'd be looking for a new job. Anyway, let's hope we can play the rest of the season without any extra help/hindrance from bad calls
                      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

That group of Refs should not ref another playoff game this year.
                        They shouldn't ref another NFL game ever. You change your mind on the PI call, I disagree but okay, but the second Dez Bryant stepped on the field, without a helmet, (and he was 10 yards on the field in the officials face) that's an automatic 15 yard penalty, automatic. The fact that every single official overlooked that is embarrassing. That entire sequence is embarrassing.

Comment

Pettigrew had his hand in the facemask on that play that they missed. It was ticky tack pi call to begin with anyway. Hitchens was barely touching him and pettigrew was falling down, not coming back to the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Colem9r
                            Nice no doubt in my opinion it was fixed.
                            If it was fixed why were the lions getting all the call through the first half?

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              Pettigrew had his hand in the facemask on that play that they missed. It was ticky tack pi call to begin with anyway. Hitchens was barely touching him and pettigrew was falling down, not coming back to the ball.
                              It was textbook PI and was called as such. Then, picked up to deliberately manipulate the game. The referee in the booth with the announcers confirmed it and then back-peddled after the pickup. Again, it was a deliberate attempt to manipulate the game.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X