Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints' Junior Galette charged with domestic violence

- Saints' Junior Galette charged with domestic violence -

"New Orleans Saints outside linebacker Junior Galette has been charged with domestic violence/simple battery following an arrest at his Kenner home Monday morning, according to Police spokesman Lt. Brian McGregor.

Terrance Banks, Galette's cousin from New Jersey and a former teammate at Temple University, was also taken into custody and charged with simple battery, according to the KPD.

Simple battery is a misdemeanor in Louisiana and defined as "the intentional use of force or violence committed by one household member upon the person of another household member." If convicted, a first offense carries a fine of "not less than three hundred dollars nor more than one thousand dollars and shall be imprisoned for not less than thirty days nor more than six months."" ...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ints/21285895/

Im on the fence,because what I read is that he was trying to get the lady out of his house and she wouldn't ....so he pushed her out and called the police on him...
    I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
      Im on the fence,because what I read is that he was trying to get the lady out of his house and she wouldn't ....so he pushed her out and called the police on him...
      I guess it would depend on different things. Was he mostly trying to get her out of his house, or did he go far beyond what was needed. Was she behaving in a threatening manor, or did she just not want to get stranded and wanted fare to get home(or to wherever she was going).

It's a strange story, I think what many people believe may be influenced by if they find evidence of whether or not she was actually his girlfriend in the past. If they find evidence that she was, then he would probably appear to be a liar, and perhaps a jerk, they may believe he is guilty and not trust what he says. If they find evidence that she never actually was his girlfriend though, she might be seen as being insane for believing they were in a relationship that they were never in, and that may make some people believe she was potentially dangerous, and then they may see what he allegedly did as being justifiable, to get a potentially dangerous person out of his house.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
        I guess it would depend on different things. Was he mostly trying to get her out of his house, or did he go far beyond what was needed. Was she behaving in a threatening manor, or did she just not want to get stranded and wanted fare to get home(or to wherever she was going).

It's a strange story, I think what many people believe may be influenced by if they find evidence of whether or not she was actually his girlfriend in the past. If they find evidence that she was, then he would probably appear to be a liar, and perhaps a jerk, they may believe he is guilty and not trust what he says. If they find evidence that she never actually was his girlfriend though, she might be seen as being insane for believing they were in a relationship that they were never in, and that may make some people believe she was potentially dangerous, and then they may see what he allegedly did as being justifiable, to get a potentially dangerous person out of his house.
        The ESPN report said he asked the woman to get out of his house and she wouldn't leave ...I don't know,if he did more or not,but from what I'm gathering all he did was pushed her out of the house and nothing more...After that,she called the police on him.

If that's all he did,I don't understand why this even news,but if he did more then he should get suspended...but I don't think that was the case

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...tion-seriously
        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

-New Orleans Saints linebacker cleared of domestic battery but faces lawsuit-

"Domestic battery charges against New Orleans Saints linebacker Junior Galette have been dropped, prosecutors said on Friday, even as a related civil suit against the football player was filed by his alleged victim.

Galette was arrested last month and charged with beating a 22-year-old woman in one of a string of recent high-profile domestic abuse cases involving NFL players, including Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice. ...

Prosecutors in the New Orleans suburb of Kenner on Thursday determined that the evidence against Galette was insufficient to show a crime had been committed, Kenner City Attorney Michael Power said.

Also on Thursday, Galette's alleged victim, who has described herself as his live-in assistant, filed a lawsuit against the football player accusing him of physical, emotional and sexual abuse." ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/orlean...4368--nfl.html

Comment

Working...
          X