Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Lewis gives motivational speech to Indianapolis Colts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ray Lewis gives motivational speech to Indianapolis Colts

    http://fansided.com/2015/01/09/ray-l...-speech-colts/

    The Indianapolis Colts were recipients of a Ray Lewis motivational speech on Friday.

    Those who grew up watching the NFL at the turn of the century were privy to some of the best talent the game had to offer.

    MORE FROM NFL
    1/9 - Chris Christie To Pay Own Way To Dallas Cowboys-Green Bay Packers Game
    1/9 - Chicago Bears Fan Trolls Green Bay Packers With License Plate
    1/9 - Cleveland Browns Coaches Quit Over Johnny Manziel’s Readiness
    1/9 - Detroit Lions Hope To Not Use Franchise Tag On Suh
    1/9 - Cleveland Browns Under Investigation For Sideline Texts
    We were witness to some of the greatest quarterbacks in history. Names like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have taken full advantage of the pass-happy ways of the league. We witnessed the tail-end of Jerry Rice’s career, and the greatness of the likes of Marshall Faulk and Randy Moss.

    When we speak about defense, we come to former Baltimore Ravens linebacker, and future first-ballot Hall of Famer Ray Lewis.

    Not only was he a tackling machine, but he was as scary as they come.

    His mind, body and soul was poured into the sport and it showed with everything he did, including trickling down that spirit to his teammates through his countless number of famed speeches.

    According to NFL.com, one of Lewis’ former coaches, Chuck Pagano, used that valuable resource today as his Indianapolis Colts are preparing for the Denver Broncos in the Divisional Round of the playoffs.


    The beauty of it is that his former team in the Ravens are still alive as well.

    Pagano coached Lewis for four years (2008-2011), three of them as the secondary coach featuring Ed Reed, and 2011 as the defensive coordinator. Pagano fully knows the Colts will need a jolt for this game.

    Luck’s Colts will travel into Denver for the late game on Sunday. Kickoff is slated for 4:40 pm ET.

    Here’s one of Lewis’ profound speeches, as he spoke to his alma-mater University of Miami:

  • #2
    Wow....I feel like Denver is being disrespected....This is a gut check for Denver and a must win

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jay Rebel View Post
      Wow....I feel like Denver is being disrespected....This is a gut check for Denver and a must win
      Every game in the playoffs is a "must win"

      Comment


      • #4
        Screw Ray-Ray!!!!! We have Elway, Sharpe, Smith, Eddie Mac, Stink, TD, and a host of OUR greats who actually gave their all for Orange Sundays constantly popping in on the team and giving ORANGE infused motivation. And best believe Roby is getting good ear fulls of wisdom from one of the greatest Broncos ever.

        I'd rather the nuggets of advice come from guys that walked the walk through Dove Valley. The guys who helped Mr.B raise that trophy twice b4.

        Ray-Ray ain't no Colt!
        Last edited by flosstein; 01-10-2015, 06:35 AM.
        #swapping

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by flosstein View Post
          Screw Ray-Ray!!!!! We have Elway, Sharpe, Smith, Eddie Mac, Stink, TD, and a host of OUR greats who actually gave their all for Orange Sundays constantly popping in on the team and giving ORANGE infused motivation. And best believe Roby is getting good ear fulls of wisdom from one of the greatest Broncos ever.

          I'd rather the nuggets of advice come from guys that walked the walk through Dove Valley. The guys who helped Mr.B raise that trophy twice b4.

          Ray-Ray ain't no Colt!
          Lol! Great post Im with ya.

          Comment


          • #6
            My philosophy is that all these "RAH-RAH" speeches, these guest speakers that are brought in; Retired players, wheelchair bound servicemen with stories of perseverance etc, it all goes out the window the very second that helmets start crackin'.

            Bollocks. Absolute garbage and a waste of time and energy.

            "GO OUT THERE AND FIGHT, WIN".

            "Hey, he's right. We should go out there and try our hardest to win. Thanks Ray."
            sigpic
            Rogue Colts Fan

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by flosstein View Post
              Screw Ray-Ray!!!!! We have Elway, Sharpe, Smith, Eddie Mac, Stink, TD, and a host of OUR greats who actually gave their all for Orange Sundays constantly popping in on the team and giving ORANGE infused motivation. And best believe Roby is getting good ear fulls of wisdom from one of the greatest Broncos ever.

              I'd rather the nuggets of advice come from guys that walked the walk through Dove Valley. The guys who helped Mr.B raise that trophy twice b4.

              Ray-Ray ain't no Colt!
              No. He just really hates the Broncos. If we were playing the Steelers, he'd be in Pittsburgh's locker room teaching Mike Tomlin how to river dance.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's no secret Ray Lewis hates the Broncos. I just don't really know why.

                That NFL network commercial disgusts me where Chris Mortensen asks him from a text who has a better homefield advantage New England or Denver and he takes the phone and types "easy, New England!" and acts like its a stupid question.

                We are 8-0 at home this year and 23-2 under Manning at home. That's as good as anyone at home.


                I don't know if it's just because Manning has owned the Ravens his whole career or something else but the guy has an obvious distaste for us.

                That said he is overrated on motivational speeches and it won't matter what he says. Come Sunday the Colts will be seeing Orange and Blue stars!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  It's no secret Ray Lewis hates the Broncos. I just don't really know why.

                  That NFL network commercial disgusts me where Chris Mortensen asks him from a text who has a better homefield advantage New England or Denver and he takes the phone and types "easy, New England!" and acts like its a stupid question.

                  We are 8-0 at home this year and 23-2 under Manning at home. That's as good as anyone at home.


                  I don't know if it's just because Manning has owned the Ravens his whole career or something else but the guy has an obvious distaste for us.

                  That said he is overrated on motivational speeches and it won't matter what he says. Come Sunday the Colts will be seeing Orange and Blue stars!
                  I find that weird that he would hate the Broncos more than the Colts for Peyton owning them. We've only played the Ravens 3 times with Peyton, and they beat us once. The Ravens could never beat the Colts when Peyton played there for a while. Those 2 played way more. Oh well, Lewis will be pretty sad on Sunday.
                  sigpic

                  2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "The beauty of it is that his former team in the Ravens are still alive as well."

                    The "beauty" of it?? Is that a disrespect for the only team he played for? Lewis was a great player but that is about all the good I have to say about him.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It's going to take more than a speech from Lewis for the Colts to beat us. Did he go to the Ravens to give them a "boost"?

                      Broncos, Colts and Ravens have a long-standing dislike for each other. Elway going from the Baltimore Colts to Denver. The Colts leaving Baltimore to go to Indy. Some Baltimore fans still cannot "forgive" Elway. This was all before Lewis' time, though, so I don't know why he dislikes us. I must say, the feelings are mutual.
                      Administrator

                      Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                      Lupus Awareness Month

                      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Whatever makes them feel better. Were I a colt, personally id feel disrespected that the coach thinks I need motivation from a player from another team, especially a conference rival.
                        sigpic

                        Hooray, beer!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X