Seahawks to make Russell Wilson highest-paid QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    One could also argue that Manziel is a legitimate MVP candidate next season and Cleveland are going to the SB... it would still be ludicrous.

Wilson is a mediocre QB, probably about 12/13 in the league and not fit to lace Andrew Luck's boots. Without looking at the stats I expect your find him right in the middle of the league in terms of passing yards and TD's.

Wilson is a modern Terry Bradshaw, although not quite as good. The only argument I hear for Wilson is his W-L record and he is 'clutch'.

We all know why Seattle win games.

As far as being clutch he was terrible in the divisional round at home to the Saints last season..... 9/18 for 100 yards and no TD's... 1 fumble...... but the Saints were held to 15 points... and Lynch ran for 140 yards and 2 TD's...... so instead of being one and done they went through.

Luck was poor for Indy throwing 2 picks.... Manning was poor against Indy although didn't throw any picks and one TD..... Wilson was TERRIBLE against GB throwing 4 picks, any other team are buried before the 4th quarter starts... as Indy were...... but Seattle D and in particular RZ D were incredible again and somehow kept them in the game.. along with the ST's TD, although GB still choked at the end.

It was a good throw by Wilson in OT, so I'll credit him on his one TD pass.

Wilson isn't clutch, he has been terrible in the playoffs and a game manager all his career... and as his stats and playoff performances indicate he is another QB riding the coat-tails of an historical D
    He made key plays in the Super Bowl, and he leads his team to game-winning drives regularly. He was clutch in the 2 point conversion and made back-to-back great throws in overtime. He's beaten Rodgers 3 straight times without a quality WR or TE. So tell me, who's he supposed to throw to. He also plays in the toughest division, and he still managed to break PM's rookie record for TDs. Given his height and lack of weapons, what more could you ask?
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

lets see how much he wins without lynch and arguably the best defense in the game? the kid makes plays, no doubt about it. but to be the highest paid player in the NFL? that would be the dumbest thing the seahawks can do IMO

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
        He made key plays in the Super Bowl, and he leads his team to game-winning drives regularly. He was clutch in the 2 point conversion and made back-to-back great throws in overtime. He's beaten Rodgers 3 straight times without a quality WR or TE. So tell me, who's he supposed to throw to. He also plays in the toughest division, and he still managed to break PM's rookie record for TDs. Given his height and lack of weapons, what more could you ask?
        It wasn't the toughest division this year. SF were terrible and Arizona played the 2nd half of the season with Ryan Lindley and had so many injuries they fell apart.

His weapons are not great but he has the luxury of teams loading the box to stop Lynch... part the the reason there was no safety over the top in OT on the TD pass. I also think Wilson stunts there potential...... people moaned about the Tate/Baldwin combo last year and look how Tate did this season with a QB that can throw the ball.... pro bowl season.

Clutch in the 2 point conversion ? The one he got flushed out the pocket and threw it a mile into the sky where Clinton Dix stood watching it.... that was a shocking play by the safety.

Seattle have beaten Rodgers 3 times (if we're including the fail mary game), Wilson just happened to be the QB. I would say at least he was a game manager but 4 picks suggest otherwise. It was a miracle Seattle won that game after Wilson performance. Credit the RZ defense and the choke job at the end

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          lets see how much he wins without lynch and arguably the best defense in the game? the kid makes plays, no doubt about it. but to be the highest paid player in the NFL? that would be the dumbest thing the seahawks can do IMO
          Yeah, I have nothing against him. He's an effective runner and can make 2-3 good plays a game. When you play for Seattle thats all you really have to do. When they fell 2 TD's behind Sunday and Lynch was contained I saw what happened when the game gets put in Wilsons hands and it wasn't pretty

Comment

so you are going to make the excuse that he doesn't have weapons yet ignore his running back and the defense that averaged 8 points a game all year?

yeah, eli manning was clutch too when he had a good defense and running game, not as good as the seahawks though of course!

i would argue that lynch and the defense had more to do with that victory over the pack than wilson did. dude had 4 int's and still had a chance to win the game.

you think that is because he is such a great QB? or maybe his defense forcing all those FG's and lynch going off helped them win despite Wilson's horrible day throwing the football.
            Last edited by baphamet; 01-20-2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I have nothing against him. He's an effective runner and can make 2-3 good plays a game. When you play for Seattle thats all you really have to do. When they fell 2 TD's behind Sunday and Lynch was contained I saw what happened when the game gets put in Wilsons hands and it wasn't pretty
              It may not have been pretty, but a win is a win. What good are incredible stats and a loss?
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

i say these things about wilson and i like him the most out of every player on that team. but everyone can see that the seahawks are a great team overall with a great defense and running game.

they don't win simply on the shoulders of wilson like the packers do with Rodgers. it just wouldn't be smart for them to break the bank on a QB like that simply because they win games with him.

pay him yes but pay him the most out of any player in the NFL or close to it? that would be pretty dumb IMO

Comment

I think that we should revisit this after the SB. Let's see how he does & then continue the debate. BTW I don't think it's all Lynch, that OL makes running lanes for everyone

Comment

I think that we should revisit this after the SB. Let's see how he does & then continue the debate. BTW I don't think it's all Lynch, that OL makes running lanes for everyone
                    If Wilson can move the ball, avoid TO's, and put up 20 points then full credit to him. At the moment Seattle are winning in spite of him, not because of him.

and I have to believe that if GB can shut that O down and keep Wilson in the pocket... and force 4 picks, then a far better coach in BB and better personnel on D in NE will grind that offense to a halt.

As usual if will be up to Seattles D to keep a top QB and offense under 20 points and force TO's to have a chance of winning

Comment

If Wilson can move the ball, avoid TO's, and put up 20 points then full credit to him. At the moment Seattle are winning in spite of him, not because of him.

and I have to believe that if GB can shut that O down and keep Wilson in the pocket... and force 4 picks, then a far better coach in BB and better personnel on D in NE will grind that offense to a halt.

As usual if will be up to Seattles D to keep a top QB and offense under 20 points and force TO's to have a chance of winning
                      CP bet on the game? I think Wilson puts up 20 on that D. He did last year against DEN's D

Comment

CP bet on the game? I think Wilson puts up 20 on that D. He did last year against DEN's D
                        I'll CP bet that Wilson doesn't get -

200 passing yards.... 2 total TD's...... and that offense can't put up 20 points

If he hits all 3 of those targets I'll concede the CP bet....... and lets be fair, they should be easy targets to reach

Comment

I'll CP bet that Wilson doesn't get -

200 passing yards.... 2 total TD's...... and that offense can't put up 20 points

If he hits all 3 of those targets I'll concede the CP bet....... and lets be fair, they should be easy targets to reach
                          It's a bet....

Comment

It's a bet....
                            So what do you want me to put in my sig if I lose... and for how long does it need to stay there ?

I meant sig bet btw lol
                            Last edited by bronx_2003; 01-20-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

So what do you want me to put in my sig if I lose... and for how long does it need to stay there ?
                              I'll give you two choices:

A) You praise Tebow for a month or
                              B) Just a CP

I'm not greedy or vindictive

Comment

ok bro, we can make it a CP bet

Comment

Working...
                                X