Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What QBs Do You Feel Never Got a Real Chance To Succeed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What QBs Do You Feel Never Got a Real Chance To Succeed?

Mine are:

David Carr
    Vince Young

And of course:

Tim Tebow
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Jake the Snake man
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Mark Sanchez: the Jets ruined him.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Ingle Martin
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

David Carr
          TT
          Druckenmiller
          Mallet (so far)
          Josh Johnson

Comment

Tim Tebow

In Denver, he did fairly well. He helped out Denver's run game both by the runs he made himself and by opening up lanes by having someone be on the look out for him running IMO. He also was good at game winning drives, and seemed to be good at completing deep balls when he attempted them. I think he could have done well if he had stayed with his general style of play, but gotten a bit better at passing.

However, he went to the Jets and wasn't really used there as a starter when he probably should have been. They made the signing, and they weren't exactly having great QB play that year so IMO it would have been worth a shot. Then, NE signed him and didn't appear to have any interest in starting him(and they shouldn't have started him IMO). I think he could potentially do well with a team, if they were willing to run a more 'Tebowlike' offense.

Ryan Mallett

As Tom Brady's back up, it can be hard to see playing time. I don't think we've had a great chance to see what he can do as a starter.

Matt Flynn

Usually filled in well for Rodgers when he played in Green Bay IMO, went to Seattle....and in came Russell Wilson. Granted, the defenses he filled in against were often suspect, but he did fairly well. I would be interested to see how well he would perform somewhere else around the league.

Terell Pryor

I think he could be good, but was drafted in a bad place for QBs in Oakland. I recall a drive against DEN where I thought Terell Pryor himself played well, however it was a 3 and out, and a 4th&17. He was pressured, got rid of the ball while under pressure. There was a penalty that moved them back, and I believe that Pryor threw a pass past the first down marker and the receiver dropped it.

It was only one drive, but I think it highlights examples of how a QB not appearing to do well in Oakland may not mean they themselves aren't playing well. I would like to see him get an opportunity to start in a place with a better offense, I don't imagine many QBs would do well in Oakland now.

If Manning, Brady, Rodgers and Brees were signed to Oakland, even they may look bad.

Comment

Of our own I'd go with Marlin Briscoe & Tim Tebow and also guys like Doug Flutie

Marlin Briscoe - was too black

Tim Tebow - was not a sure thing and brought a crowd of people that hated or loved him for things that has nothing to do with football

Doug Flutie was too small....

Key is all three did really well in limited amounts of starts and got a rough deal.

Comment

I'm probably going to get slammed for this, but honestly we have not given Brock a chance yet. The limited experience he has been with the 2nd team. Who knows if he can turn out to be decent.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                  Mine are:

David Carr
                  Vince Young

And of course:

Tim Tebow
                  Personally, I have to disagree with you on Vince Young. I think he had plenty of chances.

Comment

Working...
                  X