Quinn coaching Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quinn coaching Atlanta

ESPN says Quinn has agreed to terms to coach Atlanta. Looks like we were just too late for him.

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
    ESPN says Quinn has agreed to terms to coach Atlanta. Looks like we were just too late for him.
    He can't take a job until his season is over.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
      He can't take a job until his season is over.

Apparently there's a rule that allowed the Falcons to interview him a second time since they interviewed him during the bye week. If that's the case, he might be allowed to agree to terms.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Any links? It's not showing up for me on ESPN

The only thing I can think of is maybe a verbal agreement. I'm pretty sure he can't officially agree to terms until the Seahawks are done

Comment

He can't have a second interview until after the game this week, while he can't officially accept the position he can pretty much agree to terms. If you'll recall several years ago Charlie Weiss had already accepted the HC job at Notre Dame and everyone knew that Romeo Crennel was going to the Browns as the Patriots were getting ready for the Super Bowl.

Comment

I don't see it at ESPN and nothing on this with Lombardi, Darlington, Schefter nor Rapoport.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
              I don't see it at ESPN and nothing on this with Lombardi, Darlington, Schefter nor Rapoport.
              You won't see anything until next week, Atlanta can't do anything with him until then and really do you want to be seen as a team getting in the way of a Super Bowl run? Unlike the Broncos not pursuing the tampering charges against the Bears I don't think the Seahawks would be as kind if they found out their DC was busy talking to Atlanta instead of preparing for the NFC CG.

Comment

In addition to what I just said that's when the Broncos will get a good read on Quinn, he'll meet with Atlanta at which point the Broncos can call his agent, he'll be able to tell them if they should wait to interview Quinn or if they should scratch him from the list and focus on other candidates. If the agent says that Quinn is interested then I could see the Broncos waiting unless one of the other candidates blows them away.

Of course all of this assumes the Seahawks win on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                  You won't see anything until next week, Atlanta can't do anything with him until then and really do you want to be seen as a team getting in the way of a Super Bowl run? Unlike the Broncos not pursuing the tampering charges against the Bears I don't think the Seahawks would be as kind if they found out their DC was busy talking to Atlanta instead of preparing for the NFC CG.
                  I read ya, and that's how I understood the restrictions too. The closest thing I could find was this musing from VL:

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 2h 2 hours ago
                  Seems odd for Atlanta to bring Gase in to interview for OC job, unless they have an HC already pegged.

Something like this on a ESPN blog may have been misconstrued into 'news'.

Comment

I think it would improve the NFL to have everyone not interview current active coaches until after the super bowl...just my thought. I originally saw a blip on msm about Quinn and Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                      I read ya, and that's how I understood the restrictions too. The closest thing I could find was this musing from VL:

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 2h 2 hours ago
                      Seems odd for Atlanta to bring Gase in to interview for OC job, unless they have an HC already pegged.

Something like this on a ESPN blog may have been misconstrued into 'news'.
                      It could be that they've already settled on him but that would be odd without at least having a second interview. But yeah looking at OC candidates unless they have a HC lined up would be a quick way for a disconnect on the coaching staff because the HC doesn't have his guy.

Comment

I think it would improve the NFL to have everyone not interview current active coaches until after the super bowl...just my thought. I originally saw a blip on msm about Quinn and Atlanta.
                        That's the way I feel. And I think it is most unfair that second interviews are allowed but not first. ANY interview is going to distract.

Comment

The current system does work against the coordinators of the Super Bowl teams, especially if they play Wild Card week and their coaches essentially can't interview for any positions until after the season.

Comment

NFL network says Teryl is interviewing for a second time.

Comment

This is all I could find on this matter.http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/1/...e-falcons-hire
                              Last edited by simplistickhaos; 01-16-2015, 05:16 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X