X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richardson Not Traveling to Foxboro

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-to-foxborough

I don't know about anybody else but for me

Wow, just wow. I will reserve judgement until more comes out about details, but I am certainly flabbergasted at this point.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Yeah, it's hard to say why he isn't traveling to this game. It looks like it won't hurt Indy much though, considering he doesn't seem to get many carries.

If there's something really wrong with him causing him to miss the game, I hope he's ok.

Comment

The Colts are a team with a great future, and they have done a lot of smart things along the way. But the Richardson trade may be one of their poorest decisions. Not even sure what happened to this guy since being drafted. What a shame. He's basically a 3 yard per carry back, and for a young player on a good team, that's not going to get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        The Colts are a team with a great future, and they have done a lot of smart things along the way. But the Richardson trade may be one of their poorest decisions. Not even sure what happened to this guy since being drafted. What a shame. He's basically a 3 yard per carry back, and for a young player on a good team, that's not going to get the job done.
        He actually [technically] shakes out at this point as the NFL's 2nd worst RB to ever play the game.

I don't believe Trent. He didn't even call to inform the team he would miss the walkthrough. i.e. Effectively a "no-call no-show", the type of thing you'd expect from a Walmart employee.
        sigpic
        Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by ruksak View Post
          He actually [technically] shakes out at this point as the NFL's 2nd worst RB to ever play the game.

I don't believe Trent. He didn't even call to inform the team he would miss the walkthrough. i.e. Effectively a "no-call no-show", the type of thing you'd expect from a Walmart employee.
          YPC isn't always a reliable stat, but I do believe the Richardson trade didn't pan out well for Indy. He's a powerful runner IMO, but I think he may be one of those 'hit or miss' backs. Basically, where he either breaks the tackle, or he goes down without doing great with yards while being tackled. That can hurt a back a lot particularly on outside runs, where defenders take less of a blow from his power.

Some smaller backs like Danny Woodhead are seemingly good at that, they are good at maneuvers to get in a position where a defender doesn't have a clean shot to drive them back, and they do well wiggling/lunging/spinning for more yards while they are going to the ground.

Richardson is a powerful runner, but I don't think he's as powerful as say, LaGarrett Blount. Blount could probably do fine being used only for running up the gut because he's that much of a beast, but Richardson isn't quite to that level of beast I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
            YPC isn't always a reliable stat, but I do believe the Richardson trade didn't pan out well for Indy. He's a powerful runner IMO, but I think he may be one of those 'hit or miss' backs. Basically, where he either breaks the tackle, or he goes down without doing great with yards while being tackled. That can hurt a back a lot particularly on outside runs, where defenders take less of a blow from his power.

Some smaller backs like Danny Woodhead are seemingly good at that, they are good at maneuvers to get in a position where a defender doesn't have a clean shot to drive them back, and they do well wiggling/lunging/spinning for more yards while they are going to the ground.

Richardson is a powerful runner, but I don't think he's as powerful as say, LaGarrett Blount. Blount could probably do fine being used only for running up the gut because he's that much of a beast, but Richardson isn't quite to that level of beast I don't think.
            He's too slow and he doesn't churn his legs. I've seen it plenty of times; He makes contact with defenders and he tries to push them forward, as opposed to lifting his tree trunk legs and continue moving (See; Ahmad Bradshaw). One would think this is a coachable issue, but it's been three years of NFL coaching and he still plants his feet and seems to use his upper body more than his legs.

He looks like an NFL RB. He looks like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck.....but he isn't a duck.
            sigpic
            Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Working...
            X