X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Supet Bowl ever...

Comment

• Belicheat strikes again

@bkravitz: Breaking: A league source tells me the NFL is investigating the possibility the Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night. More to come.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
        Worst Supet Bowl ever...
        This x a million. Will be the first year I care more about the commercials
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• No this guy is very anti Manning as well, frankly it's hard to figure out what he likes about the Broncos.
          I am anti manning, why hold on to an aging QB with no arm no mobility, unable to run a simple bootleg or roll out. Do you have any better suggestions? If you come in to the thread make valid points, you just want to argue because of the way I worded it. I get it I messed with your pride. And yes you do fire a coach with a super bowl appearance.... Name a roster more talented then Denver has right now? Probably none. With all the firepower fox couldn't get the job done or motivate his team in big playoff games and the superbowl. You seen the colts game

Comment

• All we hear around here is that Manning is the only reason for the success this team has had so obviously coaching doesn't matter. That is until things go wrong and people want someone fired. Somehow the bad stuff is the fault of the coaches alone but the good stuff is all the players, especially their favorite quarterback.

Colts 1999-2010 and Broncos 2012-2014, different coaches same quarterback. Dominate the regular season, fizzle in the post season.
            I agree with you on this part brother

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              I'm guessing you're using this as a justification for firing a coach with four straight playoff appearances and a Super Bowl appearance. The first playoff appearance might not really count since they backed into but it still happened.

All we hear around here is that Manning is the only reason for the success this team has had so obviously coaching doesn't matter. That is until things go wrong and people want someone fired. Somehow the bad stuff is the fault of the coaches alone but the good stuff is all the players, especially their favorite quarterback.

Colts 1999-2010 and Broncos 2012-2014, different coaches same quarterback. Dominate the regular season, fizzle in the post season.
              Peyton Manning will always bring his team to the playoffs with or without John Fox…

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                Belicheat strikes again

@bkravitz: Breaking: A league source tells me the NFL is investigating the possibility the Patriots deflated footballs Sunday night. More to come.
                Note sure about footballs...sure did deflate some egos though

Comment

• I think some people have a blind hate for the Patriots.

I personally congratulate them on their successes, regardless if people choose to hold spygate against them (everyone spys on other teams).

Bill B is a phenomenal coach that puts a lot of his time into developing the team, understanding their strengths and maximizing them (something our coaching staff could never achieve).

As for Tom Brady, he has a great competitive edge which inspires the teammates around him. It's really refreshing to see when your home team has been as dead as a tombstone when it comes to that aspect.

Pretty excited for the upcoming game. I admire the Seahawks for their winning spirit but their ego far exceeds what it should and I hope they are shut down by the Patriots.
                  I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmc0605 View Post
                    Of course, coaching matters A LOT and we had to waste a dream team with a "oh, sorry, we didn't execute today" mindset.

But, I get irritated everytime people use the word "conservative" in odd ways. Smart football usually demands running, taking low risk plays, etc when you're up by two scores with two minutes left. The whole "jam it down their throats" philosophy might sound nice to some fans, but GB did everything right until deciding not to show up onto the football field for the last few minutes. That's something the players also need to live with, and they deserve some very upset fans. Gave up way too easy on D there, then had an easy play on the 2-point conversion (that, all else being equal, would also have also closed, assuming GB still drives down enough against a different Seattle defensive formation and gets that FG). I could have broken up that pass on the 2PC. The "botched onside kick" was far less trivial.
                    Very well reason post here. The word conservative gets thrown around a lot, seemingly as some excuse from poor execution by the players. It's funny, when aggressive play calling ends up hurting a team I don't hear many fans fault a coach for aggressive play calling when it hurts their team. I remember DAL being up 27-3 on DET in 2011, they were still throwing the ball deep I believe, and DET got 2 defensive TDs, that likely don't happen if they didn't stay aggressive on offense.

Basically, they let a team back into the game, by giving them an opportunity to make big plays in a situation where they likely don't have much of a shot of coming back without them. Preventing turnovers is IMO one of the biggest reasons to have a more conservative approach with a lead. Sometimes fans blame conservative play calling for failures when it doesn't even cost them games. Falcons fans complained about being too conservative when they got a lead in the 08-10 days...they never lost a game after getting a 2 score lead in that span.

It's smart to try and kill some clock, if teams can't milk clock with a lead they may be prone to blowing leads. Also, DEFENSE is a big factor, and what a defense should be able to do.

I think it was a good idea not to throw the ball when McCarthy ran it 3 straight times...why put it in the air and risk SEA getting a pick? Their defense should have been able to hold SEA off in that situation, it was STRONGLY favorable.

I think people's reaction to blame conservative play calling often seems like an attitude that defenses are defenseless against offenses attempting to come back, as if you can't expect them to hold teams off. I think it's kind of ridiculous really. When coaches play to kill clock, in situations where they likely feel they can win easily by doing that because it would probably take an epic choke from their defense to actually lose the game....then the defense chokes epicly, people blame the coach for being conservative.

If you can't rely on your defense to hold in situations that strongly favor them, your team likely won't go very far in the playoffs IMO. You can blame conservative play calling all you want, but if your defense chokes epicly it seems very strange not to give them the bulk of the blame to me, especially when there really isn't any evidence that an aggressive play call would have won you the game. There is no good reason IMO for me to believe GB converts if they throw the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                      There will be nothing appealing about a Seattle - New England Super Bowl matchup at all.

Who else besides their own fanbases will be watching the game?

Usually there is a great story and reason to watch, this year there is nothing.
                      Ummm, I think it'll attract a lot of fans. It may be of particular interest to fans of defense, who would likely love to see a team with a great defense beat a team with a great offense 2 years in a row.

Each team was the top seed in their conference, so they have been pretty good teams. It's a hard to predict match up for me, and I think it should be a good game.

Not every game involves some big story line, and in truth I often prefer it not be the game with a big story line. Sometimes, I like for a story line to happen but often times I do not want it to, I guess it depends on what it is. However, I don't think a game needs a big story line to be a good game.

Comment

Working...
                      X