It Kills Me To Say It, But The Pats Should Beat Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Kills Me To Say It, But The Pats Should Beat Seattle

Seattle is a strong team, but they seem to be in too many close ones. Yesterday, they deserved to lose, and not just by a little. The fact their D kept the score down is a credit to their game, but to rely on a muffed onside kick, and a circus 2 pointer, along with 4 pics and 5 sacks on their guy, tells me they are ripe for a beating. You also have to think that they will be hurting, even 2 weeks from now. Thomas and Sherman will be tested.

I am not going to speak too positively about The Pats, because I just don't buy into their HC, or the whiny QB, or the fact that there's always something going on with this organization that makes you wonder what they are up to.....but right now, they are the better team.

Then again, Seattle has this "never say die" thing, and that can be infectious. But limiting Lynch and keeping a spy on Wilson pretty much shuts down their O, and I am not sure they can put enough pressure on Brady, given they hardly got to Rodgers.....and he was quite immobile and careful not to be aggravate the injury.

If I was a betting man, I'd go Pats.......

.........and then I'd punish myself for doing so.:brick:

Limiting lynch is easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      Limiting lynch is easier said than done.
      I agree, but The Pack had him contained for most of the game, and had it not been for the muff, and the inability to get a bigger lead, he ends up being a non factor. Seattle does not have a good enough passing game to match with The Pats. And for what I saw yesterday, GB had Seattle's O figured out for 90% of the game.

Lets not forget that the only points on the board going into those last few minutes came on a faked FG.
      Last edited by CanDB; 01-19-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I ain't a-tunin' in this year. For me, it would be akin to watching paint dry.

Comment

Originally posted by southern cross View Post
          I ain't a-tunin' in this year. For me, it would be akin to watching paint dry.
          Yah.....hard for me to watch (but I will) hoping for both teams to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Yah.....hard for me to watch (but I will) hoping for both teams to lose.
            Hey, could that be a new thing this year in the rule books?

Comment

Zero interest in this game as well...

Comment

Originally posted by southern cross View Post
                Hey, could that be a new thing this year in the rule books?
                Come to think of it, even though I am biased on this, sure seems weird to settle an OT playoff game with the same rules as in regular season. For me, there should either be a time factor, or both teams should at least touch the ball. I mean, it's the conference final!!! (Ha ha) If The Pack had won, I wouldn't even mention this.

Comment

i think they will win also
                  sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

This is got to be the WORST lineup for a Broncos fan.
                    Do I pick the ball-deflating spygate Cheatriots or do I pick the Sea-chickens to make it back-to-back.

I think I'm going to tape the SB and watch the commercials and not the game!

I guess I'm unenthusiastically going with the chickens.
                    Last edited by johntbronco; 01-19-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                      Do I pick the ball-deflating spygate Cheatriots or do I pick the Sea-chickens to make it back-to-back.

I guess im unentusiastically going with the chickens.
                      Yes please......someone justify why I should pull for one or the other. PLEASE! I can never pull for The Pats, but I also can not imagine Seattle with back to backs. Carroll will be all giddy, and Sherman will be bragging his butt off and screaming out "confusing things", and Lynch's interviews will be like listening to Belichick....

We need a new thread......"How To Get Past The SB Without Getting Sick" or "Why I Should Pull For Either Team???", or "How Much More Can We Listen To From Boastful Pats/Seahawks Fans???"

But wait, there is a purpose in everything. We'll still have "Sure Sucks Losing Doesn't It??"

Comment

I actually really want to cheer on Seattle. While I'm still bitter at the drubbing the Seahawks handed the Broncos last year, it was really Denver's own fault. The Broncos were unprepared, committed TONS of mental mistakes, and simply were out-muscled by Seattle. Seattle simply played a good game.

The Patriots, on the other hand, will probably have everything in their favor for the Super Bowl. For one, New England's coaching staff is good enough to not make the same mistakes Green Bay's did. If the Packers can shut down Lynch for most of the game, the Patriots will find a way to do it as well. Forcing Wilson to carry the offense is the surest way to win (exhibit - his multiple TOs in the Packers-Seahawks game).

New England also has the right players in place, hitting their strides at the right time. Blount and that offensive line are running the ball well, Revis will limit Wilson's passing options even further, and Brady is more than capable compared to a half-gimpy Aaron Rodgers.

Finally, the Patriots will have Bill Vinovich and his officiating crew on their side.

Between the coaches, players, and officials the Patriots should win their fourth Super Bowl of the Belichick-Brady era. Unless, of course, the karma continues and they still can't win Super Bowls in the post-SpyGate era.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post

I guess im unentusiastically going with the chickens.

Seriously this is killing me....I am surprised how many broncos fan are rooting for the hawks....They HUMILIATED us and will become the first team since us to win back to back....

I will root for a stadium collapse haha ( without casualties)
                          sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Seattle is a strong team, but they seem to be in too many close ones. Yesterday, they deserved to lose, and not just by a little. The fact their D kept the score down is a credit to their game, but to rely on a muffed onside kick, and a circus 2 pointer, along with 4 pics and 5 sacks on their guy, tells me they are ripe for a beating. You also have to think that they will be hurting, even 2 weeks from now. Thomas and Sherman will be tested.
                            I think Green Bay deserved to lose and Seattle absolutely deserved to win. We may disagree on that but I can still see where you're going with your point though. It might not be good enough in the next test.

That was one of the great classic NFL playoff games and hope everyone got to see it. The refs didn't even get in the way really.
                            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              I think Green Bay deserved to lose and Seattle absolutely deserved to win. We may disagree on that but I can still see where you're going with your point though. It might not be good enough in the next test.

That was one of the great classic NFL playoff games and hope everyone got to see it. The refs didn't even get in the way really.
                              It's only a classic if you're pulling for The Seahawks. How can you call it a classic if Green Bay faltered at the very end, and had breaks go against them???? A Classic implies both sides were at their best.

I could contest that, and the fact Seattle deserved to lose, so many ways:
                              1) Rodgers is nowhere near 100%, but still outplayed his rival. He was limited so much, because without his ability to scramble, a big part of his skillset is missing, yet he still played well.
                              2) 4 Pics / 5 Sacks
                              3) A trick play is all Seattle had in the first 57 minutes!
                              4) A muffed kickoff, that my older sister could have come down with
                              5) A hail mary for 2 points
                              6) Even the coin flip went Seattle's way

Comment

Working...
                              X