No announcement yet.

Really tired of Lynch's attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed my mind, I don't like Lynch's attitude for two reasons. First, he proved if you give him what he wants (like money for his insurance commercial), he'll talk. Second, my bigger problem, was is interview where he said he's always ignored the press and had others talk for him like is cousins.

Basically what I see now is a guy who it too juvenile to act like an adult. He'll break rules to make a statement (like company logos as NFL events, shoes, etc.), grab himself publicly, and use people to avoid do things adults sometimes have to do but don't want to do. Then when he is forced, he plays the poor me, I'm here because they made me... He's a walking contradiction, an adolescent in a man's body. I really didn't care before but his interview really bugged me.

Comment

Lynch is a tool, all the talent in the world but acts like a complete moron to the media. You are a professional athlete, its part of the job, grow up already. I can understand not answering stupid questions but you can answer basic ones. I noticed he will answer the ones that make him money
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
        I see a lot of people pointing out that Lynch only wants to talk if it's to his benefit. I think that's probably true. Why shouldn't he feel that way?
        It's his job!!! He signed the contract. He doesn't like certain questions being asked to him then he can quit and find a different job where he can do whatever he wants.

It's called being man and doing your job.

I'm sure the starting OG doesn't enjoy cameras in his face either but he treats the situation like his job and does it to the best of his ability. He doesn't turn it into a 3 ring circus like a child.
        sigpic

Comment

If you guys don't like Marshawn's attitude towards the press, then I don't know how you liked football in past decades. Players, I felt, were bigger clowns and more arrogant due to the lack of emphasis and player conduct policies.

Comment

Man I love Lynch! I'd probably act the same way.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, he didn't seem too shy and weary of the media while on the Conan O'Brien show. Fraud!
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                Well, he didn't seem too shy and weary of the media while on the Conan O'Brien show. Fraud!
                That's because Conan moved to cable. Get him on a regular network and he just shuts down.

You should see his guest appearance on "This Old House" with Bob Villa. Wow, what a character!
                Last edited by Rastic; 01-29-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I can see both sides of the argument, but really do not understand why anyone gives a damn.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncosking209 View Post
                    Marshawn is fined because of the media. He clearly chooses not to talk but they request him anyways forcing him to show up or be fined. You expect a guy to be happy being forced to do something by a bunch of random people he doesn't care for who are basically causing him to be fined. Leave the man alone he clearly doesn't wanna be there so why continue with the spectacle

And hes in his position due to nothing but hard work off the field growing up all his life. Its not like all the sudden he wont do it. He didnt in highschool or college he said. So why the big deal now??
                    He actually didn't mind talking to the media and was downright chatty until he got his second DUI and the media asked about it, at that point he became "shy"

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                      If it's about the contract, then he's fulfilling his duties. And he certainly seems to be performing them to the satisfaction of the Seattle Seahawks.
                      Every NFL player contract includes a clause that states the players can be made available to the media when either the team or NFL wants.

The ridiculous thing is that by acting this way he's only getting the media to focus on him more. If he stands up and gives boring athlete cliche answers to questions the media would lose interest quickly.

Comment

I wonder how other Seahawk players feel when he receives specialized treatment when it comes to anything he doesn't want to do. He wouldn't go to the White House with the rest of the team, at mini camp he didn't want to be fined so he showed up, but spent the time sitting on his helmet and did not participate at all. When he wanted more money, he won out and got it. Maybe they are willing to put up with his antics because he is their offense this season. Last super Bowl, he did nothing (he didn't have to) it was all Harvin and others, this year he is going to have to have a great game for the Hawks to win. I can't complain to any Hawk friends because they just point out Shannon Sharp and they hated him, so I am just quiet. Maybe the Seahawks will get humbled by the Pats, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                          I can't complain to any Hawk friends because they just point out Shannon Sharp and they hated him, so I am just quiet. Maybe the Seahawks will get humbled by the Pats, who knows.
                          What do they say about Shannon Sharp that's similar to Lynch's behaviour?
                          "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            The whole "media is out get players" comment people keep making is complete bull. Just go out there and give a generic football response. Don't have to be a donkey about talking to the media. Which he doesn't mind doing for Skittle commercials. Dude isn't shy, so people need to stop with the "he's shy, he doesn't like being in front of the camera." If you're shy and don't like being in front of the camera, you don't do commercials.

Lynch thinks his act is funny and thinks fans hate the NFL enough to find it funny as well. He's seeking attention.

How hard is it to go out and say "We played a hell of a game, we executed the gameplan well. The OL gave me some good blocks and I was able to make the best out of the opportunities given to me." Media isn't gonna twist what he says if he just gives an actual response, even if it's generic.
                            Agreed, and honestly I don't know where fans are getting the idea that the media twists what players say, I haven't heard it happen very often, if ever.

I'm reminded of Randy Moss, in 2010 when I believe he said something about how the media would twist what he said about his potential future with the Patriots. That year, I believe he had a press conference melt down later that year.

At times it seems when people think the media is 'out to get them', by making them look stupid or like a jerk, that they are the types that do a good job of that themselves, lol.

The media shows the press conference on TV, you can see what they said in response to what question, and the context that it was said in. It seems like it would be hard for the media to try and spin what a player said into meaning something that likely wasn't intended by them. If it happens, it's probably more of fans interpreting it the wrong way.

It's like with the Richard Sherman press conference after the NFCC game for the 2013 season. The media didn't need to go out of their way to make Sherman look like a clown, he did it on his own. People could try and claim he was persecuted or victimized by the media, however they only let him talk. Even if they let him talk in hopes of him embarrassing himself, it doesn't mean he had to do it. The media doesn't have some power over players minds(unless they do and I don't know about, but I doubt it lol).

Sure, him and Crabtree may have had a smack talk war, and who knows....Crabtree may have acted like a jerk to him before Sherman ever said anything about him. However, if you go on national TV and act the way he did, people aren't as likely to take your word for it.

My guess is that it is more of players embarrassing themselves as opposed to the media going out of their way to try and make the players look bad in the eyes of people.

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
                              I wonder how other Seahawk players feel when he receives specialized treatment when it comes to anything he doesn't want to do. He wouldn't go to the White House with the rest of the team, at mini camp he didn't want to be fined so he showed up, but spent the time sitting on his helmet and did not participate at all. When he wanted more money, he won out and got it. Maybe they are willing to put up with his antics because he is their offense this season. Last super Bowl, he did nothing (he didn't have to) it was all Harvin and others, this year he is going to have to have a great game for the Hawks to win. I can't complain to any Hawk friends because they just point out Shannon Sharp and they hated him, so I am just quiet. Maybe the Seahawks will get humbled by the Pats, who knows.
                              Supposedly, this is his last year in Seattle. For the reason of they cant afford to keep him and pay the young talent, and because the front office is sick of his act.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
                                What do they say about Shannon Sharp that's similar to Lynch's behaviour?
                                Yeah, that's what I'd like to know. Shannon certainly wasn't shy about talking to the media. Au contraire!
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X