Really tired of Lynch's attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Supposedly, this is his last year in Seattle. For the reason of they cant afford to keep him and pay the young talent, and because the front office is sick of his act.
    Actually there was an article where Schneidner said he's fine and kind of like his act. Go figure.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
      Yeah, that's what I'd like to know. Shannon certainly wasn't shy about talking to the media. Au contraire!

And we all know the story about our 1st super bowl win where Shanahan had to keep Shannon from talking smack so the Pack would get overconfident. Worked like a charm!
      "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
      PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
      LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

I don't get why anyone cares. I cant stand interviews with anybody now days. Manning and Brady say a lot with out really saying anything.
        Example:
        Media: " Tom what do you think of the Seahawks" ?
        Brady: " Their a great team, they have a great defense, and lynch is great, and Wilson is great"?
        I guess Brady just saying everyone is great is better than Lynch being honest and saying I don't want to talk to you guys I'm only here so I don't get fined.
        Everyone besides guys like Sherman are more worried about being PC than telling what they really think. Their all actors. I love football but their is to much media, analyst etc. now days. I just want to see the game. "I guess like Marshawn I'm all about that action boss!
        sigpic

Comment

So I normally don't particular like Lynch at all for all of this because I think it's just an act. And if he just said a few words he could get it over with. Whether it's right or wrong for the NFL to force this rule. Fact is it's there and most other players comply with it.

However I like I said I think he is also completely full of it and is not remotely close to afraid to speak to the media. I think he likes the attention he gets for playing this card.

Did anyone see the youtube video from the Conan show where Lynch and Gronkowski are playing the new Mortal Kombat X with him? That's a completely volunteered media gig that isn't required in his contract. He wasn't just being all laid back in it. He was acting a fool and joking around with Conan like crazy. It was cracking me up. But I noticed he was major comfortable with it. I would post the link but I'm sure the footage is against the CoC.

The video made me like him a little more and I wish he could act like that more at his interviews instead of pleading the 5th. But a co worker pointed out that the media blasted him early in his career so he will never trust them again. Whatever. I think it's still an act. But the video made me dislike him a little less this morning.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
            I don't get why anyone cares. I cant stand interviews with anybody now days. Manning and Brady say a lot with out really saying anything.
            Example:
            Media: " Tom what do you think of the Seahawks" ?
            Brady: " Their a great team, they have a great defense, and lynch is great, and Wilson is great"?
            I guess Brady just saying everyone is great is better than Lynch being honest and saying I don't want to talk to you guys I'm only here so I don't get fined.
            Everyone besides guys like Sherman are more worried about being PC than telling what they really think. Their all actors. I love football but their is to much media, analyst etc. now days. I just want to see the game. "I guess like Marshawn I'm all about that action boss!
            As I said, for me it's about the attitude he seemingly projects about it. I don't buy that he is actually uncomfortable speaking to the media, so it seems like he's just doing it for attention or just whining about having to do it.

I don't like most post game interviews either though, I agree with that. I do wish they had the option to not talk to the media, so the only guys that would talk would be the one. However, imo there is something to be said for how you go about things, and the way he does it imo is not a good way. He should perhaps propose this to the front office if he has such a problem with it.

To be fair, the media does help promote the NFL which helps make it a big business, so people arguing that he should deal with it because of the big pay check is kind of a valid point imo. Fans do tune in to watch the players, but if someone believes the media doesn't help promote it and contribute to it making so much money I'd like to try and sell them ocean front property in Kansas. The movie Leatherheads from what I hear gives a fairly good portrayal of how popular professional football used to be, even though the competition was still high level.

I do think most players' post game interviews aren't very honest, and I do wish they were a bit more insightful. It's either the cliche overly humble answers, or the guys who are likely trying to get attention in the media through some trash talking persona. I don't really find the latter entertaining, and the former makes it seem to me like there isn't much point in having the interview.

I do wish players would give insightful answers, I don't know why they're so afraid to. It's not like you have to give away some big secret that opponents will use against you, reporters are likely asking you about a game that's already happened. Future opponents will likely watch that film a lot, and will also likely learn a lot from it. It would probably be very easy to give some insight without giving that much away that they wouldn't figure out from the film.
            Last edited by fallforward3y+; 01-31-2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

One thing I've learned about Marshawn Lynch is that he actually is a funny guy, cares a lot about his community and has a foundation in which he has for kids. Instead of fighting with the media, perhaps he could use the media as a platform to raise awareness of the work that he is doing. It seems like he has a great opportunity there to do something on behalf of the kids in his community, so why not use it. Instead, he comes off looking like an idiot, when he's far from that.

Comment

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ev...arshawn-lynch/

Has any nickname ever fit any human better than “Beast Mode” fits Marshawn Lynch?

Sometimes he’ll be running and it’ll seem like he’s cornered, and then he’ll just run right through whatever defenders looked like a problem. He finds cutback lanes that shouldn’t exist, he almost always falls forward for an extra few yards when he goes down, and as the game unfolds and the defense gets tired, he only gets better. Beast Mode.

On any given play, he can go from a regular running back to some kind of hulked-out superhero flying into the end zone. Beast Mode.

It’s not just your imagination if it feels like Marshawn Lynch never gets brought down by just one guy. As Danny Kelly wrote for SB Nation this week, Lynch broke 101 tackles in 2014, the most since Pro Football Focus started tracking that stat eight years ago. In the NFC Championship Game against the Packers, he was the most dominant player on either team. He forced a playoff-record 15 missed tackles, and 110 of his 157 yards came after contact.

When Green Bay was up, he kept Seattle alive. When Seattle started to come back, it was because of Lynch — eating six and seven yards at a time, scoring touchdowns, and opening up all the read-option throws that eventually brought Russell Wilson back from the dead. Lynch put the team on his back.

Nobody should be strong enough to run over defensive linemen this often, and anyone who’s even close shouldn’t be fast enough to also run around safeties and linebackers. No player who launches himself into defensive lines close to 300 times a year should be able to do this for eight seasons without losing anything. NFL running backs are supposed to be going extinct. How does this one keep getting stronger?

Now let’s talk about what he’s like off the field. What’s amazing about anyone complaining about Lynch’s media boycott is that nobody in the NFL has given us better quotes than Beast Mode.

“I’m just ’bout that action, boss,” he said at last year’s media day. “I ain’t never seen no talking win me nothing.”

“If I do [talk on the field],” he said in 2012, “only thing I tell them is, ‘You know where I’m at: seven yards deep. I ain’t too hard to find.’”

Last year, Deion Sanders asked him, “You don’t like podiums, do you?”

Lynch: “Nah, it ain’t my thing.”

Deion: “What is your thing?”

Lynch: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”

What does his dog do during Seahawks games? Does he watch him play?

Lynch: “No. He’s out doing his doggie dog thing, living in his doggie dog world. You feel me?”

Yesterday, he showed up to face thousands of reporters and said, “I’m here so I won’t get fined,” 29 times in a row. Anyone who can read that sentence without smiling is taking all this far too seriously.

The only real downside of Lynch’s silence turning into media day’s biggest story is that it obscures his actual story. It’s one of the more incredible tales we probably won’t hear this week.

He was one of four children growing up in an Oakland neighborhood full of drugs, prostitution, and shootings. His father was around the neighborhood, and Lynch would see him sporadically, but his dad refused to raise him. He made it out anyway, turned into a local legend, and earned a scholarship to Cal, where he had a 3.2 GPA before he went pro and became a millionaire.

He’s been in trouble, too. He had his driver’s license revoked in 2008 after striking a pedestrian with his car in Buffalo, and he was suspended for three games a year later when he got arrested for possessing a firearm. He also got arrested on a DUI charge in the summer of 2012, spending the night in jail hours before the start of a free football camp he was hosting for Oakland kids.

A few years ago, E:60 profiled him. Presented with a list of his transgressions and asked what he thought of the people who claimed he was a thug, he laughed and then went silent for a few seconds.

“I would like to see them grow up in project housing,” he said with his voice wobbling. “Being racially profiled growing up, sometimes not even having nothing to eat, sometimes having to wear the same damn clothes to school for a whole week. Then all of a sudden a big-ass change in their life, like their dream come true, to the point they’re starting their career, at 20 years old, when they still don’t know ____. I would like to see some of the mistakes they would make.”

Now Lynch is trying to help the place that shaped him. In 2012, Alan Shipnuck detailed the genesis of Fam 1st Foundation, the organization Lynch founded to help his neighborhood. His plan for the foundation is to open and run a youth center there.

As he explained it in 2012: “The main component we want to teach is basic life skills I feel a lot of kids are missing: how to balance a checkbook, create a résumé, how to fill out a job application, how to speak with confidence one-on-one.”

For now, his foundation gives away hundreds of turkeys in Oakland every Thanksgiving. On Fridays before home games, Lynch invites underprivileged children to meet him and tour the Seahawks facility. And he still hosts that free football camp every summer.

None of this is proof that Lynch is some kind of saint, but he’s never pretended he is. That alone makes him more honest than dozens of professional athletes.

It would be nice if Lynch told the media this week about his foundation or his summer football camps or all the dreams he’s fulfilled the past few years, but maybe this is better. What we know about Marshawn Lynch already makes him more three-dimensional than almost anyone else we’ll hear from over the next few days.

He’s the guy who parks his Lamborghini behind velvet ropes and stops for pregame doughnuts in a “**** You” sweatshirt. He’s the guy who made it out of Oakland, grew up, and then went back to help. The same guy who grabs his crotch after touchdowns is dreaming of a program that will help teens learn how to craft a résumé. In the meantime, he doesn’t care what anyone thinks. That’s what we know.

Also, this: After his mother gave birth to him 28 years ago, the midwife told her that she may have had a twin that died in utero.

“They just knew that Marshawn was living off two placentas,” his mother told USA Today. “She told me that with that, he may be an amazingly strong child.”

“I think race plays a role in how he is perceived,” ESPN’s Kenny Mayne told Robert Klemko for a Sports Illustrated piece in December. “If he was a white country boy with long hair and a happy-go-lucky attitude, but wouldn’t talk to media, he’d be one of the NFL’s great characters.”

But he already is one of the NFL’s great characters.

For everything he does on and off the field, he’s every bit as adored as someone like Rob Gronkowski. The second he finished speaking-but-not-speaking at media day on Tuesday, there were five people celebrating him for every one person criticizing him.

Sure, the league office will remain his enemy for the rest of his time in football, but everyone hates the league office. A handful of grumpy sportswriters will never forgive him for exposing how meaningless most media interactions really are. And there will always be comment sections full of backlash, calling him all the names sportswriters and the league office wish they could. But at this point, anyone who hates Marshawn Lynch is telling you more about themselves than Lynch.

The rest of us can just enjoy this.

Whatever battle his critics were fighting, they lost. For every fine, there’s now another endorsement deal and more money going to his foundation in Oakland.

He’s been in Seattle for only five years, but has been so good in that span that he is already guaranteed to leave a lasting legacy. He’s a borderline Hall of Famer right now. After rumors early in the year that the Seahawks would cut him after this season, now there are rumors of a raise this summer.

There may be an impulse to defend his reputation this week, but I’m not sure that’s necessary. All the people worth listening to are saying the same thing.

Pete Carroll: “I don’t know if anything is more symbolic than what we’ve done with Marshawn and him playing the way he’s played and him being the guy he is. I think he really is the key element to putting this thing together from the attitude perspective at least.”

Bill Belichick: “Lynch is a tremendous back. Best back we’ve faced. He does everything well. He’s got great balance, great power, vision, instincts, he’s great in the open field, he gets tough yards around the goal line, third down.”

Kam Chancellor: “He’s a great teammate. He’s fun, he’s active, and he’s hilarious. He has great advice. If you are in need of advice or are ever going through something you can go to Marshawn and talk to him. He’ll give it to you straight, clean cut. It’s going to be real and that’s some great advice.”

Vince Wilfork: “Hands down, I think he’s the best. He’s proving it in the passing game, running game, blocking, you name it. I don’t think there is any other running back out there that has that many explosive runs, yards after contact. He is exactly what his name is called: Beast Mode.”

Seahawks center Max Unger: “He’s one of my all-time favorite players I’ve ever played with. He’s just like an awesome guy, totally cool locker room dude off the field.”

...Continued in the link...
                http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ev...arshawn-lynch/
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

It's kind of strange they said he broke a playoff record for most broken tackles, because I remember the Packers actually doing a pretty good job tackling him at times, and don't remember him breaking too many tackles when he was wrapped up.

Although, I'm not exactly sure what consitutes a broken tackle by that statistic. There may be arm tackles where a guy was in bad position and touched him but didn't ever get their hands on him enough to have a good chance of bringing him to the ground(except maybe by the jersey) that may technically count as a broken tackle if the guy touched him.

In looking back at game rewind, I don't think I saw anywhere near 15 broken tackles when guys actually got their hands on him sufficiently I saw probably 2, maybe 3. He broke a lot of arm tackles it seems, however I HIGHLY doubt 15 broken arm tackles is a playoff record.

Unless arm tackles count, it seems to me like this guy completely made that stat up, which isn't surprising since he acted like he had a man crush on Lynch.

In truth, while his upbringing seems as though it was pretty rough, I'm not sure what that has to do with drinking and driving. I'm not a big fan of drunk driving, and in truth Lynch apparently trying to blame his upbringing on his DUI makes me like him a lot less than before.

Comment

leave marshawn lynch alone! *cry*

Comment

• - Marshawn Lynch's final silent treatment after loss -

"Marshawn Lynch doesn't like to share his thoughts at the best of times and certainly not at his lowest point, after seeing a Super Bowl ring snatched out of his grasp.

The vow of silence continued on Sunday as Lynch was the first Seattle Seahawks player to buzz out of University of Phoenix Stadium, leaving a whole bunch of "maybe" in his wake. ...

One thing was for sure: Lynch had no desire to wallow in the bitter pool of disappointment that was the Seahawks locker room. He was a man in a hurry, pulling on a sweatsuit without bothering to shower, grasping on a giant pair of gold earphones and a reversed baseball cap and clamping them onto his head.

He shoved one camera lens out of his face, then another. His crew served as a buffer between him and the small group that followed. ...

Maybe Lynch got the last laugh after all." ...
                      (No... laughed about. And not in a good way. There's a big difference.)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...efing_53048657

I am so proud the team and players I support do not act like this... guy. It's called class, M. Lynch. *smh*

Comment

• Reminds me of Lebron James. When the Heats lost in the finals, he just walked off. He did the same when he was with the Cavs as well.

Some players just can't keep their composure after losing the big one.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Emily Diana View Post
                          - Marshawn Lynch's final silent treatment after loss -

"Marshawn Lynch doesn't like to share his thoughts at the best of times and certainly not at his lowest point, after seeing a Super Bowl ring snatched out of his grasp.

The vow of silence continued on Sunday as Lynch was the first Seattle Seahawks player to buzz out of University of Phoenix Stadium, leaving a whole bunch of "maybe" in his wake. ...

One thing was for sure: Lynch had no desire to wallow in the bitter pool of disappointment that was the Seahawks locker room. He was a man in a hurry, pulling on a sweatsuit without bothering to shower, grasping on a giant pair of gold earphones and a reversed baseball cap and clamping them onto his head.

He shoved one camera lens out of his face, then another. His crew served as a buffer between him and the small group that followed. ...

Maybe Lynch got the last laugh after all." ...
                          (No... laughed about. And not in a good way. There's a big difference.)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...efing_53048657

I am so proud the team and players I support do not act like this... guy. It's called class, M. Lynch. *smh*
                          Might of been the best thing he could do in that situation with that play call that took the ball out of his hands on the half yard line and cost every member of that team the game. If I was him or any other member of that team I'd be pissed.

In some cases silence is golden and it is the best choice you can make. His OC would do well to learn that rather than throw his reciever under the bus on a play that never should've been called to begin with. I think ML showed more class then his OC in this particular situation. JMHO
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                            Might of been the best thing he could do in that situation with that play call that took the ball out of his hands on the half yard line and cost every member of that team the game. If I was him or any other member of that team I'd be pissed.

In some cases silence is golden and it is the best choice you can make. His OC would do well to learn that rather than throw his reciever under the bus on a play that never should've been called to begin with. I think ML showed more class then his OC in this particular situation. JMHO
                            Well, a reporter did ask him as they were walking into the locker room if he was mad, upset or whatever word that he didn't get the ball. He said no. They asked why. He said it's football, it's a team sport. So he clearly was trying hard not to throw anyone under the bus. I give him props for that knowing how pissed he must have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post

There is no evidence that the call cost the team the game, if I'm pissed at anyone it's Wilson for the throw(not that I would blame the loss entirely on him, and I wouldn't get mad at a teammate for a bad play, but I'm just saying that if anyone is to blame for that play not working it should be him). The idea that it is on Carroll for the call imo is just a nonsensical 'captain hindsight' narrative that's been overly regurgitated.

Comment

• Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                                There is no evidence that the call cost the team the game,
                                You serious?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X