No announcement yet.

Really tired of Lynch's attitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think many would have criticized the call even if it had been successful because it was riskier than handing the ball off to Lynch, who rarely fumbles. I have issues with how they handled the play clock after Lynch got to the 1 yard line and let too much time run. It was obvious that the seahawks expected Bellicheck to burn a time out and when he didn't they got all panicked. I also think they got it backwards, run on 1st and 2nd and maybe even 3rd down and then if all else fails throw on 4th and don't just have Wilson stand in the pocket, add some play action and a bootleg with the option to throw a pass in the flat. To take the risk on 3rd and 4th down to put the ball in the air would be understandable AFTER Lynch was stopped. Carroll contends the call was fine and most seahawk fans would be fine with it on 4th down, but second down, no. He may never be forgiven here in the pacific northwest.

Comment

• Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
      I think many would have criticized the call even if it had been successful because it was riskier than handing the ball off to Lynch, who rarely fumbles. I have issues with how they handled the play clock after Lynch got to the 1 yard line and let too much time run. It was obvious that the seahawks expected Bellicheck to burn a time out and when he didn't they got all panicked. I also think they got it backwards, run on 1st and 2nd and maybe even 3rd down and then if all else fails throw on 4th and don't just have Wilson stand in the pocket, add some play action and a bootleg with the option to throw a pass in the flat. To take the risk on 3rd and 4th down to put the ball in the air would be understandable AFTER Lynch was stopped. Carroll contends the call was fine and most seahawk fans would be fine with it on 4th down, but second down, no. He may never be forgiven here in the pacific northwest.
      The handling of the play clock should be criticized more than the call imo. Had they not called the time out, it wouldn't have been risky to run on 2nd down. However, because they called the time out they would have had only 1 more play to score if they didn't get the ball in the end zone on the 2nd down run.

Comment

• Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
        If it's being criticized for not being a different kind of pass, that's one thing. However, the guy may have scored if he had caught it. Plus, you said they hadn't stopped Lynch yet, but the thing is that they had...twice in a short yardage situation.
        Look at the play again, the defender is in better postition then the reciever, when he hits the reciever he does so still in the field of play and the reciever lands two yards backwards. Watch it again and I think you will see that even if the reciever does catch that ball he has no chance of scoring ont the play. He didn't even have a chance to catch it let alone move forward. They pretty much hadn't stopped Lynch for most of the day. Yep a couple times on short yardage. But you got a tired defense who he just ran 4.5 yards on and he is what got you there. If not him then you give it to your other star Wilson and let him do what he does best. You want the ball in the hands of your playmakers doing what they do when its all on the line. They did the opposite. I'm not going to rehash the whole last post, but it made no sense whatsoever. Even if you decide to pass instead of run, you don't call that play. That play was a terrible call imo. It had your young qb doing something that is not exactly his strength, and to boot he is throwing into the thick of the defense with 3 seperate defenders who can tip it or intercept it to a spot where your reciever (and by far not your best one) isnt even at yet and is outnumbered and he wont make it in the endzone if he catches it so you still waste the timeout. I can find plenty of reasoning to call a pass play on that down, I wouldn't of, but I can definitely see the strategy and it makes sense. I find no excuse for calling that play then.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• did anyone see the clip of lynch's immediate reaction after the int in the super bowl?

fricken laughing and smiling

Comment

• Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
            did anyone see the clip of lynch's immediate reaction after the int in the super bowl?

fricken laughing and smiling
            I'm not sure that's how I'd characterize it. He was smiling yes, but it seemed like more out of frustration. Almost like an are you kidding me type smile. I've heard he and Bevell have been having issues about not utilizing him more and I think he was frustrated. That's my take and what I read.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
              I'm not sure that's how I'd characterize it. He was smiling yes, but it seemed like more out of frustration. Almost like an are you kidding me type smile. I've heard he and Bevell have been having issues about not utilizing him more and I think he was frustrated. That's my take and what I read.
              Likely what it is. Some people laugh out of frustration/anger.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• I guess you can smile out of frustration, or you can give a Richard Sherman face. I think Lynch chose right. The Sherman look is being made into a T-shirt LOL. Maybe it was a "should of given the ball to me smile/grimace.

Comment

Working...
                X