Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Warren Sapp pulled a Eugene Robinson

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looks like Warren Sapp pulled a Eugene Robinson

    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/s...stitute-020215


    Nice work there. NFL Network pulled his bio then terminated him.

    Though I think the best broadcast segment involving Warren Sapp was a quote by Tom Arnold : "Hey, Warren, $36 million, huh? I see the Raiders decided to pay you by the pound."
    You've got to know when to sack em...

  • #2
    For cryin' out loud, just pay the girls Warren. :doh:
    [sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Wow. Sucks to lose his job over this. He likely knew the consequences and rolled the dice. I wonder if he tried to not pay or something. The women claim they were assaulted. Maybe he was trying to "escort them out" But really have no idea. Depending on the level of assault this might be ugly.

      Hopefully it's minor stuff legally though. Sapp always seemed pretty cool on TV. I guess someone else will get his seat at that table on our Sundays. Wonder who...
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

      Comment


      • #4
        I never knew much about Sapp but since this story I just did some light digging and found this interesting story which kind of tells a lot of his story since Football

        http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footb...filing/1225135

        Interesting read. At the time of the article the Times claimed Sapp had around 300 bucks in savings and 800 in checking. Looks like he tried to get into real estate just as the bubble was bursting. And lots of tax issues .... etc
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

        Comment


        • #5
          NFL Network has had two strike outs with their analysts..first they hired a serial rapist in Darren Sharper and now Sapp is fired for assault and solicitation. Ouch.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            NFL Network has had two strike outs with their analysts..first they hired a serial rapist in Darren Sharper and now Sapp is fired for assault and solicitation. Ouch.
            Sad, but true.

            Has Vegas have an over / under on who's next to get arrested at NFLN?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Sad, but true.

              Has Vegas have an over / under on who's next to get arrested at NFLN?
              Great post!

              We should start a betting line!
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

              Comment


              • #8
                Great. Excellent. Wonderful. Now they'll replace Sapp with another former Patriot.

                Comment


                • #9
                  When someone asked him long time ago why he had no interest in being a DL coach, he said: "too many hours". Now he might have to find a real job unless another network hires him.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    Sad, but true.

                    Has Vegas have an over / under on who's next to get arrested at NFLN?
                    Very nice--gotta spread it
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      NFL Network has had two strike outs with their analysts..first they hired a serial rapist in Darren Sharper and now Sapp is fired for assault and solicitation. Ouch.
                      And it's almost criminal that they have two analysts that pretty much wear Pats logos whenever they do the show......

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        When someone asked him long time ago why he had no interest in being a DL coach, he said: "too many hours". Now he might have to find a real job unless another network hires him.
                        I'm sure "The U" would welcome him back with open arms.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          And it's almost criminal that they have two analysts that pretty much wear Pats logos whenever they do the show......
                          Heath Evans and Willie McGinist are insufferable!
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                            Wow. Sucks to lose his job over this. He likely knew the consequences and rolled the dice. I wonder if he tried to not pay or something. The women claim they were assaulted. Maybe he was trying to "escort them out" But really have no idea. Depending on the level of assault this might be ugly.

                            Hopefully it's minor stuff legally though. Sapp always seemed pretty cool on TV. I guess someone else will get his seat at that table on our Sundays. Wonder who...
                            I guess we'll see how it all plays out, it's often hard to tell with assault cases imo. I don't see much coming of it unless there is physical evidence of any injuries from the alleged assault. If there was an assault I hope he gets punished, if it's just soliciting I don't really care if he gets away with it.

                            As for who will take his place, it's hard to say who. Hopefully someone who will bring some nice insight into the game, for the sake of fans who watch(unfortunately I don't have NFL Network). That, and someone who won't latch onto narratives that imo are ridiculous.
                            Last edited by fallforward3y+; 02-05-2015, 01:41 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              They should bring in Shanny!
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X