Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok I am done trying to understand the Chiefs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I am done trying to understand the Chiefs.

You guys keep me confused. You incinerate the Falcons, you beat the Colts at their house, and you whip us.

You then lose to the Saints, Charger's backups, Tampa Bay, and many other sub-standard teams.

I give up trying to understand what the Chiefs are doing.

Though also something funny is we keep finishing with the same divisional records. Last year we both finished 5-1 and now we both finished 3-3.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Good job for making the playoffs Denver.

The Chiefs faced the Buccs after beating Colts and smoking the Falcons(buccs were doing job at the time) and lost Priest in the 3rd. We had trouble getting into the endzone after that and lost by a touchdown. The Saints game we drive the field all day but have trouble getting into the endzone 3 times because no Priest(priest is the best at getting into the endzone) and lost the game by 6 points. We lost the Patriots game buy one touchdown, lost to the Jags because we missed the 1 point convertion, lost to the Chargers by 3 points. And we lost 3 games in the first quarter of the season by less than a touchdown. We got beat in alot of these games because of injurys.

.......WR Marc Bolricter missed all season........TE Kris Wilson missed all season........WR Eddie K. missed beginning of season......WR Jonnie M. missed end of season..........RB Priest missed most of season........ RB Derrick Blaylock. missed alot of games........LB Shawn B. missed most season......MLB Mike Mislowski missed all season.........FS J. Woods missed alot of season.......SS Greag Wesley. missed about 5 games........RE Vonnie Holiday missed most of season.........LB Beisil missed alot of season.......RT Chris Bober missed end of season.......and more

We did'nt get in the playoffs. Oh well, I still LOVE this game. Go Chargers and Seahawks in the playoffs. Good luck broncos

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
      I give up trying to understand what the Chiefs are doing.
      No one else here in KC understands either.
      Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Arrowhead
        Good job for making the playoffs Denver.

The Chiefs faced the Buccs after beating Colts and smoking the Falcons(buccs were doing job at the time) and lost Priest in the 3rd. We had trouble getting into the endzone after that and lost by a touchdown. The Saints game we drive the field all day but have trouble getting into the endzone 3 times because no Priest(priest is the best at getting into the endzone) and lost the game by 6 points. We lost the Patriots game buy one touchdown, lost to the Jags because we missed the 1 point convertion, lost to the Chargers by 3 points. And we lost 3 games in the first quarter of the season by less than a touchdown. We got beat in alot of these games because of injurys.

.......WR Marc Bolricter missed all season........TE Kris Wilson missed all season........WR Eddie K. missed beginning of season......WR Jonnie M. missed end of season..........RB Priest missed most of season........ RB Derrick Blaylock. missed alot of games........LB Shawn B. missed most season......MLB Mike Mislowski missed all season.........FS J. Woods missed alot of season.......SS Greag Wesley. missed about 5 games........RE Vonnie Holiday missed most of season.........LB Beisil missed alot of season.......RT Chris Bober missed end of season.......and more

We did'nt get in the playoffs. Oh well, I still LOVE this game. Go Chargers and Seahawks in the playoffs. Good luck broncos
        I totally disagree with you.. I wont blame any of our losses on injury. Morton has never panned out and every defensive player injured was no loss our defense sucked something awful with or without them.. Kris wilson we cant say what he wouldve done. boerigter had one good year then he was nowhere to be seen last year. and blaylock and priest.. who cares.. LJ has done fine. LJ is younger and has more upside.. clearly superior than the other two right now considering priests age and inability to stay healthy. Bober wasnt good at all and he was playing behind welbourne who was terrible. Barbers a waste of money and woods is past his prime. You basically listed a bunch of insignificant names. The only one i saw a change in was kennsion cuz we seemed to get back on track offensively when he returned.. I wouldnt keep anyone in the group outside of the three recievers you listed.

Comment

To continue on i say our lost season is the result of our people in charge not making drastic changes in defense. Everyone was a little to sure of themselves. We cant cover anything with our secondary and our linebackers are slow and cant tackle at all. The fact that we couldnt force turnovers magnified the defenses shortcomings.. Weve had a string of questionable calls by the coaching staff.. most notably vermeil whose loyalty to subpar players leads me to believe the chiefs would be better off with his retirement. Offensively i think we are fine. Say goodbye to the priest and its time to start grooming trents replacement. We need to start getting younger.. Its time to tear down the defense and start grooming some offensive replacements for roaf shields trent and cut morton loose..

Comment

Im not sugarcoating anything. Im actually relieved the season Is over. Now we can look forward to the future and rebuild a new defense. Well, at least I hope we do. Anyway, you won't get any excuses from me. We shot ourselves In the foot all season long. And If this season wasn't enough to open Carl Peterson's eyes, I don't know what will.

Go Chiefs!
            Last edited by The X-Factor 82; 01-02-2005, 10:33 PM.
            The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by The X-Factor 82
              Im not sugarcoating anything. Im actually relived the season Is over. Now we can look forward to the future and rebuild a new defense. Well, at least I hope we do. Anyway, you won't get any excuses from me. We shot ourselves In the foot all season long. And If this season wasn't enough to open Carl Peterson's eyes, I don't know what will.

Go Chiefs!

i agree with you.. his post about injuries didnt sit well with me because i dont think those injuries contributed at all.. If anything i think the injury to priest was a blessing because we got to see what we had in LJ because otherwise vermiel never wouldve let him play.. maslowski while the d was better with him he still sucks and needs to be replaced.. along with pretty much everyone on the defensive side fo the ball..

Comment

Kudos for being class acts, and I look forward to facing off against your team twice again next season, and so on...
                Any game without push-ups, hits, burns or noogies is a sissy game.

Comment

If you guys improve your Defense you will be a mean team to play against.
                  "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
                    If you guys improve your Defense you will be a mean team to play against.
                    thats a big if.. honestly as long as vermiel is head coach i doubt his ability to objectively evaluate talent ll.. He did well in the beginning but after hes been around players for a period of time he has a problem seperating his personal feelings from professional responisbilities. and that turns into subpar players hangin around too long.. hes made some good choices and some bad.. he jsut fails to realize the bad choices hes made

Comment

Originally posted by moonshot314
                      maslowski while the d was better with him he still sucks and needs to be replaced.. along with pretty much everyone on the defensive side fo the ball..
                      This offseason should be very interesting. I would hold on to Allen, Dalton, Siavii and maybe Greg Wesley. Sims, Holliday, Barber and all the rest of those jokers need to be shown the door. Peterson needs to go with them.

Comment

This offseason should be very interesting. I would hold on to Allen, Dalton, Siavii and maybe Greg Wesley. Sims, Holliday, Barber and all the rest of those jokers need to be shown the door. Peterson needs to go with them.
                        warfield survives because of the lack of depth at that position.. i think with more talent on the other side of the field he could be better tho. allen and siavii deserve to stay.. dalton was the best dtackle we had.. if i were in control holliday and hicks defenitly go, as well as barber maz bartee woods mcleon.. benny sapp impressed me but hes undersized and not an every down corner.. fujita is a RFA now and i dont even know if i would offer him a contract. Priest should be dealt for defense..

Comment

Its easy to understand

7-9 is what you get when you have the best offense and the worst defense in the NFL-- all on the same team.

Comment

Originally posted by moonshot314
                            warfield survives because of the lack of depth at that position.. i think with more talent on the other side of the field he could be better tho. allen and siavii deserve to stay.. dalton was the best dtackle we had.. if i were in control holliday and hicks defenitly go, as well as barber maz bartee woods mcleon.. benny sapp impressed me but hes undersized and not an every down corner.. fujita is a RFA now and i dont even know if i would offer him a contract. Priest should be dealt for defense..
                            Im not sure If you herd but a couple of weeks ago Carl had an interview on a local radio station here in KC. I don't remeber who the guy who was anwersing the questions though. But what I do remeber was Carl saying - Priest and LJ aren't going anywheir. He also apoligized to the fans for the horrible season and said - letting Robinson talk them into letting go of Donnie Edwards was the biggest mistake of his career. And when the questions came down to "what will happen to the defense" Peterson said they have more than enough money to sign impact players from free agency.

So I guess their Is hope after all. He also stated Coach Vermiel will honor his 5 year contract and will return In 2005.

Comment

Im not sure If you herd but a couple of weeks ago Carl had an interview on a local radio station here in KC. I don't remeber who the guy who was anwersing the questions though. But what I do remeber was Carl saying - Priest and LJ aren't going anywheir. He also apoligized to the fans for the horrible season and said - letting Robinson talk them into letting go of Donnie Edwards was the biggest mistake of his career. And when the questions came down to "what will happen to the defense" Peterson said they have more than enough money to sign impact players from free agency.

So I guess their Is hope after all. He also stated Coach Vermiel will honor his 5 year contract and will return In 2005.
                              I know priest isnt going anywhere.. i was just giving my opinion.. i think lj has emerged more than enough to deserve to be the featured back and hes cheaper than priest as well as younger.. we wont get the full benefit of either back by having them split time.. it just reminds me of martys running back by committee that i used to hate..

Comment

Working...
                              X