No announcement yet.

Knighton only signed for 4 mil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either way I'm sure Wade would tailor his micro scheming based on the personnel available to him. If it was Pot Roast, he'd likely be asking different t hings than if t was Sly for instance............He did say something like that in a general sense in that same presser - go check it out
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by OurHouse View Post
      TK is not a penetrating DT. He occupies space. Wade's system calls for a penetrating DT. He wouldn't be on the field most of the time anyway.
      The NT's job is to command a double-Team. TK was perfect.

sigpic

Comment

I'd have signed Knighton for $4M......he was a load against opponents. He was a run stuffer.

Comment

Wade's system calls for what his players can do best. I believe he would rather have a large NT who is really good at occupying blockers than a lighter DT who looks average attacking a gap. Even with Knighton having weight issues and saying he would follow Del Rio, I am surprised Elway chose to pay a nobody/backup like Vance Walker $4 million for 2 years instead of paying Knighton $4 million in 2015. Knighton was a team captain and the players wanted him back, so maybe Knighton was an important piece in the locker room, especially with the severe lack of leadership on the roster. He has 12.5 career sacks, so he could become more of a pass rusher playing only one gap instead of two.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            Wade's system calls for what his players can do best. I believe he would rather have a large NT who is really good at occupying blockers than a lighter DT who looks average attacking a gap. Even with Knighton having weight issues and saying he would follow Del Rio, I am surprised Elway chose to pay a nobody/backup like Vance Walker $4 million for 2 years instead of paying Knighton $4 million in 2015. Knighton was a team captain and the players wanted him back, so maybe Knighton was an important piece in the locker room, especially with the severe lack of leadership on the roster. He has 12.5 career sacks, so he could become more of a pass rusher playing only one gap instead of two.
            yeah something is odd about that, i'm pissed my team didn't get him for that price either, it's a pretty big need for us right now.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X