Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow working out with the Eagles

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/1...les-per-report

That old Chip is keeping busy this off season.

for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is they are doing in Philly????

first they trade McCoy
    then they sign 14,523 RB's
    Trade Foles for Bradford

and now they are working out Teblow!?

If none of this actually works out, do we see Chip get fired during the season?
    sigpic

Comment

I still think he's gonna try to trade Bradford. As far as him getting fired? I'm not sure, but I could see the Eagles taking away his roster authority for sure. Lol....

Comment

I honestly don't see the big deal. They're just working the guy out. People are acting like Chip has already signed him.

If he looks good, give him a cheap deal. He'd still have to make it through TC. If not, don't offer him anything.

Comment

Kind of funny he has his workout with them on 3/16...

Comment

Tebow 3:16 says I just worked out for the Eagles....
            sigpic

Comment

And it took an hour for them to go, oh yeah, that's why he was in the tv booth.

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                I honestly don't see the big deal. They're just working the guy out. People are acting like Chip has already signed him.

If he looks good, give him a cheap deal. He'd still have to make it through TC. If not, don't offer him anything.
                I haven't seen anyone acting like they've already signed him? It's just news man, nothing more. To be honest, I think it's cool he got a workout, good for him. I kind of feel like he was somewhat black balled from the league. Not saying he's even third string, but I am saying there's worse QB's in the league right now.

Comment

He knows the offense and Riley Cooper very well. Plus when he threw for the NYJ he was 8/10 & all 10 were catchable
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Good for TT. He has had plenty of time to work on things and get better. I hope he gets a shot somewhere. Go TT Definitely a hard worker and gave all he had for us not too mention very classy individual. Really hope it leads to something for him
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                      for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is they are doing in Philly????

first they trade McCoy
                      then they sign 14,523 RB's
                      Trade Foles for Bradford

and now they are working out Teblow!?

If none of this actually works out, do we see Chip get fired during the season?
                      Foles isn't a significant upgrade over Sanchez. Based on his time at Oklahoma, Bradford could be. Let's not forget that a poor line, lackluster weapons, and QB buster defenses your division will make anybody look bad. Nevermind the Eagles health program, maybe the best in the league, a healthy Bradford has more upside than Foles and Sanchez on the bench means the downside is almost negated.

They signed DeMarco and Mathews for the same price as McCoy and netted a high-ceiling LB in the process. Once again, forgetting their health program, even assuming Murray is injured, you can definitely make the case Mathews and Alonso > McCoy.

Way I see it, lots of upside and minimal risk.

Comment

UPDATE: Tim Tebow leaves Philadelphia, not signing with Eagles

By Nicki Jhabvala
                        The Denver Post
                        UPDATED 2:04 p.m MT:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 2h 2 hours ago

Tim Tebow has come and gone from Philadelphia. Team is not planning to sign him at this time. We'll see if anything changes.
                        You read that correctly.

Tim Tebow, the former Broncos quarterback turned SEC analyst, showcased his skills for Eagles coach Chip Kelly, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 3h 3 hours ago

Well, how about this: Former Broncos and Patriots QB Tim Tebow is working out today for the Philadelphia Eagles, a source confirmed.
                        Tebow has made it known that he’s been eager to get back in the league, and over the last couple of years, he’s worked out with former Major League pitcher Tom House to improve his technique.

House was on The Sports Show last week to discuss Tebow’s drive to land an NFL roster spot — and what held him back when he was a pro.

“Everyone who worked with Tim helped him in the short term, but he didn’t have a chance to get enough repetition to actually facilitate a change,” House said on the show. “I think this time he has. The numbers are there. He’s probably had 10,000 reps. He’s been working out with us on a regular basis for a couple of years.”

House said that helping Tebow with his accuracy and spin was “easy to fix” but refused to make any claims about the quarterback’s decision-making, something he was faulted for in his short time in the NFL.

“The other things you’re talking about — his ability to read and make decisions — that’s outside my pay grade so to speak,” House said.

So far, nothing has come of the workout …but another surprising quarterback move may not be so surprising from Kelly, who has generated plenty of headlines in the last week alone. Kelly traded quarterback Nick Foles to St. Louis for Sam Bradford minutes before the official start of free agency last week. Some are convinced Kelly plans to trade Bradford again to try to draft Oregon’s Marcus Mariota.

Working out Tebow, a quarterback few expected would be capable of an NFL return, only adds more questions about Kelly’s plan.

Pete Prisco @PriscoCBS · 3h 3 hours ago

Have to give Tebow credit for hanging onto his dream. I still think I can win an Academy Award some day too
                        http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-eagles/32940/

I had read that he also hired Vinny Testaverde to help his throwing technique a couple of years ago. He's relentless and maybe he's actually gotten better. I still think he should go to Jacksonville and help them to at least sell tickets and fill their stadium.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
                        2021 Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                          He knows the offense and Riley Cooper very well. Plus when he threw for the NYJ he was 8/10 & all 10 were catchable
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

I like the guy and am glad he's getting a tryout, maybe more will follow...maybe he's good enough to make a team, maybe not but he sure made 2011 the most fun Bronco season I had since Jake the Snake. I'll never forget that Bear game comeback and the TD pass to DT to beat the Steelers in OT. Best of luck TT
                            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...es-chip-kelly/

“I look for a quarterback who can run and not a running back who can throw. I want a quarterback who can beat you with his arm,” Kelly said at a coaches clinic isaid at a coaches’ clinic. “We are not a Tim Tebow type of quarterback team. I am not going to run my quarterback 20 times on power runs.”
                              Weird, huh?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X