The Vikings....Will Be Tough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vikings....Will Be Tough

Now that AP is back in the fold, I fully expect The Vikes to be a quality team in '15. They come off a 7 - 9 season, primarily without him and mostly with a young QB, who was just getting his feet wet. But if AP is healthy, and Teddy B progresses, there should be a lot of hope for this team. They have amassed a nice group of younger players, to complement their vets, who have a ton of potential!

On O they not only have one of the finest RBs in the game, but also have some nice pieces, including Wallace, Rudolph and Patterson. On D, they still have Greenway, along with such young studs as Floyd, Barr, Rhodes, Waynes, Kendricks and others.

I believe Teddy is ready to step it up, and if so, this team could easily go 10-6. Playoffs maybe. I can see them chasing The Pack, but in tight competition with The Lions for 2nd in the division.

I don't know if I'm a believer, I'll have to see it happen to believe it.

I think the biggest thing will be Teddy, and if he can progress this team could be good. QB play has been probably the biggest thing that's held the Vikings back in recent years.

In truth, I doubt AP's return will help the Vikings very much. He's a very good back, but he was in Minnesota from 2007-2013. Before 2014, I bet many would have agreed with this statement: 'without AP the Vikings would be lucky to get 3 wins', they got 7...that's more than they had in 2013. I believe their run game only dropped 18 yards a game also, in his absence.

For a variety of different reasons, RBs seem very easy to replace, including the great ones. Granted, they do have good impact on the game, and teams do suffer in certain ways in their absence, but it is probably the easiest position on the field to replace.

Defense is another big factor, if they can field a top defense, I could see them being a very good team. In part though, I think a key will be their ability to make certain key plays in the game.

With all the consistently winning teams...Pats, Seahawks, Broncos, Packers, 49ers up until recently...they make key plays in the game. They seem to have good awareness of which plays could put them in a good situation, and they make them. I think struggling to do that may be a part of why the Vikings have had recent struggles.

Comment

Zimmer is a great defensive coach, if they play decent offense I could see them taking a step forward.

Comment

Viks could be a very good team. A team that if healthy, because they don't have much in the way of depth could challenge for a playoff spot.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. I see the Pack sweeping the division with a chance of losing 1 to Detroit. Lions are the second best team in the NFC North and I'd say the Bears right now are 3rd.

Could the Vikes pass the Bears? Depends solely on Teddy. But i don't think they'll become as dangerous as people make them out too be.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Vikings are tough.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
              I'll believe it when I see it. I see the Pack sweeping the division with a chance of losing 1 to Detroit. Lions are the second best team in the NFC North and I'd say the Bears right now are 3rd.

Could the Vikes pass the Bears? Depends solely on Teddy. But i don't think they'll become as dangerous as people make them out too be.
              IB......I think I will agree to disagree with you. I believe Minnesota, if healthy, will give Detroit competition for 2nd. Teddy B seems to be evolving as a young QB should, and with AP and all those good draft picks over the last few years, I say stay tuned. Their D improved significantly in '14, and I expect more of that this year. Not saying playoffs for sure, but very close at minimum.

Comment

They're going to be better than CHI & DET. AP is going to run wild again
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I agree, I'll believe it when I see it. To me it should end up being Detroit/Green Bay on top....Minnesota/Chicago on the bottom. I could see Detroit winning the division, but I don't see the other 2 dethroning Green Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
                    I agree, I'll believe it when I see it. To me it should end up being Detroit/Green Bay on top....Minnesota/Chicago on the bottom. I could see Detroit winning the division, but I don't see the other 2 dethroning Green Bay.
                    DET lost key pieces, whereas MINN has only gotten stronger
                    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      Meh they lost Fairley and Suh. Wouldn't really say they lost much. They gained more than they lost.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Meh they lost Fairley and Suh. Wouldn't really say they lost much. They gained more than they lost.
                        Reggie Bush, too. MINN got AD back, which is HUGE

Comment

Reggie Bush, too. MINN got AD back, which is HUGE
                          Oh god they lost Reggie Bush, what a huge lost. Joique Bell did more for the team and was the only key factor to their running game. Reggie Bush was a bum for Detroit, Tatum Bell can sell cell phones better than Bush can be a weapon as a runningback.
                          Last edited by InsaneBlaze23; 06-05-2015, 08:28 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I think their defense should still be pretty good.

As for Bush/AP...the thing is we've already seen Minny with AP, and their offense rarely has ever been very good. He is a great RB, but I don't see much of a reason to believe they'll be better than they were the last year he played due to his return. I'm not sure they've really added enough pieces for that to happen, saying Teddy will be good is strong speculation.

DET played a lot of the year without Calvin Johnson. If CJ is healthy, that should do a lot for their offense. I don't see losing Bush hurting them much.

Comment

Oh god they lost Reggie Bush, what a huge lost. Joique Bell did more for the team and was the only key factor to their running game. Reggie Bush was a bump for Detroit, Tatum Bell can sell cell phones better than Bush can be a weapon as a runningback.
                              Agreed, I think Joique would be more of a loss for them. Theo Riddick may actually fill in the roll of Reggie Bush well. Bush's role for DET wasn't as key as it was in NO, I don't think they'll be very hurt by that loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X