The Vikings....Will Be Tough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ihenachocheese View Post
    I think the Vikings will be great this year barring a bad case of injury bug Bridgewater regressing.

People seriously underestimate AP! Teams have to game plan against him and routinely stack the box when he is in. I think with just adding Peterson back they will automatically improve either the run game or the pass game (stacking against run will leave someone open)

Factor in addition to Mike wallace (might not be jerry rice but he is an improvement to this team) and I think we ll see improvements in the run and pass game regardless of what defenses try to do.

their draft could have netted them a couple of solid starters on defense as well.

I predict playoffs for the vies and a record of 11-5
    As you may know, I am more on your side on this topic. I expect 9 and 7, maybe 10 and 6 if all goes well. That might be playoff worthy. Again, I really like the last few drafts. If these young men collectively make any dent, this team could surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Vikings are tough.
      Especially Eric the Red.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Ihenachocheese View Post
        There's plenty different now. Last time peterson had a quarter back that could throw was Brett Favre and they should have made it to the superbowl.

T.bridgewater might not be favre but he has the best set of receivers they ve had in quite awhile.

Will not be suprised to see Peterson chase some records this year.

I see an improved defense giving the o more reps as well.

it's a scary team
        Teddy is a questionmark to me though, I'm not sure he'll be that good of a QB. He might be, but also maybe not.

I don't know if Peterson will chase records either, remember in 2009 I believe he actually had his worst statistical year when he had Favre. Strangely enough, it seems like the Vikings run game actually benefits from those 8-9 man fronts. It seems they do a good job of finding openings and exploiting the extra space that's there due to crowding the LOS, I don't know if having a good QB will up his numbers as much as some might think.

If their defense becomes a great defense, I do think they make the playoffs, but if not I'm not so sure.

Comment

Yeah last couple of drafts have been outstanding. Or I should say have the potential to be outstanding.

Adding the best running back in the league to a team that went 7-9 without him,To a team that improved through the draft and off season equals good things for Minnesota fans. Remember Teddy will have had a season under his belt. Should see improvements

Comment

If MINN had been really smart, they would have traded for DT. That would have made the team LETHAL
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I guess it will depend mostly on how teddy does. but I would certainly be very optimistic if I were a vikings fan.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                As you may know, I am more on your side on this topic. I expect 9 and 7, maybe 10 and 6 if all goes well. That might be playoff worthy. Again, I really like the last few drafts. If these young men collectively make any dent, this team could surprise.
                Yes IF these young players take the next step. Lets look at key players starting from 2012.

Matt Kalil, great first year, but has been below average since.
                Harrison Smith, great pick, who is one of the best FS in the NFC.
                Josh Robinson, will be lucky to make team in 2015 as the #4 corner.
                Jarius Wright, the #3 wr, has developed into a solid option.
                Robert Blanton, the weak link of the secondary. Vikings are looking for an upgrade.
                Xavier Rhodes, By the end of 2015 could be the best player in Vikings secondary.
                Shariff Floyd, has shown flashes, but must remain healthy, so still a question mark.
                Cordarrelle Patterson, most disappointing player on the team last year. He was lost in Turners offense. Needs to mature.
                Gerald Hodges, improved in Zimmer's D last year. Could be a future starter.
                Anthony Barr, Great pick, rising star, but did miss the last four games of the season with injury. Needs to prove he is healthy.
                Teddy Bridgewater, up and down rookie year, at times he looked like a franchise QB, other times looked like a lost rookie. Has to make a big leap in year #2, but has the talent to do just that.
                Jerick McKinnon, will challenge for the third down role.
                Scott Crichton, no impact in his rookie year, never saw the field.
                Shamar Stephen, where Crichton was a disappointing third rounder, Stephen looks like a seventh round steal.
                Waynes, Kendricks,, Hunter, Clemmings. Rookies.........At this stage who knows how they will develop.

Comment

Had to bump this! Not often am I correct on anything!!!!

Seriously, The Vikes are in the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Had to bump this! Not often am I correct on anything!!!!

Seriously, The Vikes are in the hunt.
                    Next week will be big Pack at the Viks. Gotta say I am a Packer fan.........for one week only.

Comment

Defense is for real...Top 5 in points allowed.(Should be 2 behind Cin)...no more of this giving up 40 a game. Zim has got this D going, just need to stay healthy & it comes together well. AP started slow this year and they made a few tweeks on how he is lining up and getting ball, give him 15+ runs a game and look out...

Not sure what is going on with GB...Ditka has cursed them. Broncos did expose them...but to lose to the Lions at home, I don't think they can get much lower..

I expect GB to look better against the Vikes, but Vikes will prevail at home.

Broncos were fortunate to host both GB and Minn, IMHO I think they lose one if not both if they were road games.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikefan1st View Post
                        Defense is for real...Top 5 in points allowed.(Should be 2 behind Cin)...no more of this giving up 40 a game. Zim has got this D going, just need to stay healthy & it comes together well. AP started slow this year and they made a few tweeks on how he is lining up and getting ball, give him 15+ runs a game and look out...

Not sure what is going on with GB...Ditka has cursed them. Broncos did expose them...but to lose to the Lions at home, I don't think they can get much lower..

Broncos were fortunate to host both GB and Minn, IMHO I think they lose one if not both if they were road games.
                        Maybe GB but we beat cincy road or home no question.
                        sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikefan1st View Post

Packers are not exposed by any means. The probably with the Packers is they are the same team this season as they was the past few seasons since winning the Super Bowl....a team with a few great players but not much depth and bad coaching.

Dom Capers is terrible and I fail to understand why he keeps his job every year when the defense is the same every year. Packers defense is a lot like Denvers. By that I mean there are a lot of talented players on the defense, but it needs the right head coach to unlock what that defense can do. Denver always had the players but not the coaching. Got Wade and the defense woke up. Packers are the same, they have the players but not the right coach.

On the offense side of the ball, Lacy can't shake the injury bug, so there is basically no run game. No run game equals other teams know the Packers are gonna throw almost every time. With Aaron Rodgers one would assume thats no problem...but he's not throwing it to anybody. Without Jordy, whom is not even a real number one, but a number 2 playing number 1....only thing Rodgers can do is throw it and pray the bums calling themselves wide outs can catch...because outside Cobb, whom is a slot WR playing number 2 when Jordy is healthy, but now is a banged up slot WR playing number 2...no wide out on this team can catch. There is so much hope for Adams, but I still see the same dude from last season that dropped the ball everytime in key situations.

Also this team is cursed on special teams. Playoffs fumbled the onside kick. Sunday blocked field goal by our own player.

I don't believe in bad luck but there is some stink on this team.

Also Mike McCarthy is John Fox. Conservative offense, play not to lose....instead of playing to win.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                          X