NFL Rushing Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Rushing Title

LOL Shaun Alexander of the Seattle Seahawks had the chance to tie Curtis Martin of the Jets for the rushing title.

Well the clock was running down and the score was something where the 'hawks were up by 1, I believe.... between the them and Falcons. The 'hawks had the ball at the one yard line and Shaun only needed one more yard to tie Martin... instead of handing him the ball to get the TD, they ran a QB sneak and got it.

Well as fate would have it the Falcons drove the length of the feild scored the TD with no time left on the clock, but were still down by 2 points. THey then tried to 2 pt conversion and came up short.

Which means so did Shaun and the Rushing title (Tie). If i was him id be pretty pissed off that I didnt get to rush the ball that last time... but then again id be kinda happy we won.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

yea, well, you would assume that he wouldn't/shouldn't care, especially since that win clinched the division title I believe.
    But from what I hear, Alexander is a jerk, and he was pissed, but that's just according to Dan Patrick and friends on espn.radio

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

yeah, with 4 1/2 minutes left I'm sure the coach thought they'd get the ball again. Alaxander was a little bytch for saying what he did, he went up and appoligized though, but no matter how much he appoligizes, he can't take back what he said.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
      Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
      Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
      Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Uula Bear
        yeah, with 4 1/2 minutes left I'm sure the coach thought they'd get the ball again. Alaxander was a little bytch for saying what he did, he went up and appoligized though, but no matter how much he appoligizes, he can't take back what he said.
        How could anybody who has watched the Seahawks assume or even think they had a better than 50/50 shot of getting that ball back. That defense hasn't stopped anybody in crunch time all season. I kind of agree with Alexander, although I think it was poor judgement to say what he said.

Holmgren is an overated coach with a big ego. Shaun may be selfish, but the guy is the only player in NFL history with 4 consecutive 15+ touchdown season. He produces and Holmgren is always putting him down and feels he can just plug in anybody at RB.

I think Holmgren did slight him intentionally. Alexander has 20 TD's. Had already scored from the 1 earlier in the game. And it was second down. Hasselbeck hadn't run a QB sneak since Nov of 03, and is nursing an elbow injury. And that is the time you run the sneak? Come on. I wonder if Alexander has some kind of incentive he would have received had he'd been the leading rusher.

I am a season ticket holder and Seattle is my adopted NFC team, I am equally frustrated with Holmgren as I am Shanahan. He has completely lost control of this team and makes terrible time management decisions. Although I am looking forward to my first NFL playoff game Saturday, but I am going to freeze my A$$ off.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI03
          How could anybody who has watched the Seahawks assume or even think they had a better than 50/50 shot of getting that ball back. That defense hasn't stopped anybody in crunch time all season. I kind of agree with Alexander, although I think it was poor judgement to say what he said.

Holmgren is an overated coach with a big ego. Shaun may be selfish, but the guy is the only player in NFL history with 4 consecutive 15+ touchdown season. He produces and Holmgren is always putting him down and feels he can just plug in anybody at RB.

I think Holmgren did slight him intentionally. Alexander has 20 TD's. Had already scored from the 1 earlier in the game. And it was second down. Hasselbeck hadn't run a QB sneak since Nov of 03, and is nursing an elbow injury. And that is the time you run the sneak? Come on. I wonder if Alexander has some kind of incentive he would have received had he'd been the leading rusher.

I am a season ticket holder and Seattle is my adopted NFC team, I am equally frustrated with Holmgren as I am Shanahan. He has completely lost control of this team and makes terrible time management decisions. Although I am looking forward to my first NFL playoff game Saturday, but I am going to freeze my A$$ off.
          yeah, their D has F'ed up late in the game since they lost to the Rams the first time, but even if they did allow Atlanta to score they'd still need to conver the 2 points, and I don't think anyone would have guessed they'd score as time expired, I thought for sure the Falcons would score a lot soner than that and the Seagulls would run out the clock with Alexander.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
          Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
          Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
          Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Working...
          X