Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Sam now suspended from CFL

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

A source told Zurkowsky that Sam left the team after "pouting" due to his poor play in camp. Another source said the chances of Sam returning to Montreal were "nonexistent." Details for the reasoning behind those comments were vague but focused largely on Sam being ill-prepared for camp and taking issue with comments from a teammate about his disappointing play.
    Well that's just unfortunate for him.

No one to blame but himself there

Comment

But again proves that, if Sam were talented enough to play in the NFL, he would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
        But again proves that, if Sam were talented enough to play in the NFL, he would be.
        True.

*2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Wow that is blunt. Watch out for the PC crowd assembling right now to flame you.

But I concur he appears to not have the talent or heart to play in the BIGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
            Wow that is blunt. Watch out for the PC crowd assembling right now to flame you.

But I concur he appears to not have the talent or heart to play in the BIGs.
            Pft, Anyone can assemble whoever they want. Doesn't make them right. Fact is Michael Sam wasn't able to make an NFL Roster, and he was just suspended from the CFL for lack of focus, readiness/preparation, and inability to make plays.

Some players can do it, some cannot.

Comment

Pft, Anyone can assemble whoever they want. Doesn't make them right. Fact is Michael Sam wasn't able to make an NFL Roster, and he was just suspended from the CFL for lack of focus, readiness/preparation, and inability to make plays.

Some players can do it, some cannot.

some want it on rep only..

I remember Lelie coming in he was a stud in college, absolute stud having a field day against weak opponents, it worked for awhile in the NFL and then all of a sudden he found out that talent was not enough his speed in college was great but slightly above average in NFL.

SO after leaving the broncos he went from team to team trying to catch on with no avail. the sad truth be told that being talented and having speed in college does not make someone stay in the Not For Long if you are not willing to bust your ass for it and improve each year.

raw talent is not enough.

Comment

I agree with the general view point that Michael Sam didn't make the NFL because he wasn't good enough. I wouldn't describe it as 'not talented' enough, he probably has more than enough talent. Ultimately, if you make it to an NFL Training Camp chances are your either very talented, or you've found a great way to make up for a lack of talent in your play. However, it comes down to a lot more.

In the NFL, being talented isn't enough. It sounds like his heart wasn't in it enough, and that he wasn't putting forth enough effort. You have to put up the effort, this is the big leagues. There are many reasons why very talented players don't cut it in the NFL, and I suppose in his case effort may be why.

Ultimately, I stand by what I've said before. He did earn his chance, he showed he was a good enough pass rusher to earn his chance in college, he deserved a shot, people who claimed he only ever got a shot because he was gay were being ridiculous to me. I also thought the distraction think wasn't an issue, if you can't overcome that your team probably isn't mentally strong enough to be a championship team.

He earned his chance, but he didn't earn his spot. He had his chance, and he didn't do well enough. At this point, if he is indeed not putting up much effort, he is at fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                  some want it on rep only..

I remember Lelie coming in he was a stud in college, absolute stud having a field day against weak opponents, it worked for awhile in the NFL and then all of a sudden he found out that talent was not enough his speed in college was great but slightly above average in NFL.

SO after leaving the broncos he went from team to team trying to catch on with no avail. the sad truth be told that being talented and having speed in college does not make someone stay in the Not For Long if you are not willing to bust your ass for it and improve each year.

raw talent is not enough.
                  Right on.

To me though, it's not a sad truth it's a beautiful one. The thought of someone never working hard and still making it isn't very good, so it's a good thing to me that that isn't enough, and that hard work plays a role.

That's why I can't stand the 'camp counselor' mentality some coaches have, where they feel this need to 'reform' troubled or lazy players, due to their talent. Essentially, your rewarding their laziness. Conditioning, Heart, Keeping Up Your Skills, Film Study/Knowledge and etc. are some of the areas that may cause a talented player to fail if they don't do well in those.

In this league, players/teams are often looking for ways to get the upper hand. If you don't put in the time, you will likely not be successful.

Comment

I think that might prove that Sam thinks himself to be more talented than he is and he doesn't understand that if he wants to play he has to work to earn it instead of it being handed to him.

Comment

-Michael Sam returns to Montreal, is expected to rejoin CFL team Sunday-

"Michael Sam is ready to resume his pro football career.

The Alouettes said Friday that Sam has returned to Montreal and is expected to attend team meetings Sunday before resuming practice Monday.

The openly gay defensive lineman left the Canadian Football League team during training camp without explanation, and the Alouettes placed him on their suspended list after his departure. The 25-year-old former Missouri star signed with Montreal in May." ...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...uettes-weekend

Comment

Working...
                      X