Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several Players Suspended for Violating the NFL's Substance Abuse Policy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...games-for-peds

The San Diego Chargers announced Thursday that tight end Antonio Gates has been suspended four games without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for performance-enhancing substances.

Gates blamed his positive test on "supplements and holistic medicines" he used in an effort to recover from the past season. "In my 12 years in the NFL, I have taken tremendous pride in upholding the integrity of the NFL shield and all that it entails," Gates said in a statement. "I have taken extreme care of my body with a holistic approach and I have never knowingly ingested a substance that was banned by the NFL."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ded-four-games

The NFL announced Thursday that defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2015 regular season for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. Richardson can return to the team's active roster on Oct. 5, a day after the team's Week 4 matchup against the Miami Dolphins.

"I apologize for letting down my family, teammates, this organization and the fans," Richardson said in a statement released by the team. "However, words aren't enough. This is something that can only be addressed by how I handle myself from this point on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ded-four-games

The Dallas Cowboys will be without linebacker Rolando McClain for the first four games of the season, the NFL announced on Thursday. McClain was found in violation of the league's policy against substances of abuse.

"I apologize to my family, the Cowboys organization, my teammates and Cowboys fans for my mistake," McClain said in a statement via the NFL Players Association. "I will not break the rules of my profession in the future, and I regret my error. I look forward to returning to the field on week 5, when I hope to help my team beat the Patriots."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ended-one-game

The NFL announced Thursday that Datone Jones, the Packers third-year pass rusher has been suspended without pay for the first game of the regular season for violating the league's policy against substances of abuse.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

It is like they are all reading the same apology speech.

"I would like to apologize to _________, my family and fans......" Teams must have them on file and hand them out as necessary.
    sigpic

Comment

So far so good for our Broncos. With Von facing a year next time.

A bit of relief spread through my mind after hearing of the NFL news dump containing these suspensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
        It is like they are all reading the same apology speech.

"I would like to apologize to _________, my family and fans......" Teams must have them on file and hand them out as necessary.
        Probably heard it was coming and the NFLPA sent them the speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
          So far so good for our Broncos. With Von facing a year next time.

A bit of relief spread through my mind after hearing of the NFL news dump containing these suspensions.
          I know. Every time I see that red ticker of BREAKING NEWS going across the screen, my heart stops for a second praying it's not one of our guys, especially Von.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
            Probably heard it was coming and the NFLPA sent them the speech.
            Funny, I was just going to say that the NFPLA probably has a standard substance abuse apology packet they send to these players.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
              Funny, I was just going to say that the NFPLA probably has a standard substance abuse apology packet they send to these players.
              not to mention there agents had a canned response as they all KNEW they pissed WEED or PEDs .

Comment

In the next few days you can add Andrew Quarless to that list after discharging a handgun on a Miami street.

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                  In the next few days you can add Andrew Quarless to that list after discharging a handgun on a Miami street.
                  - Packers' Quarless charged with firing automatic handgun -

"Green Bay Packers player Andrew Quarless was arrested Saturday after allegedly firing a semi-automatic handgun following an argument near a Miami Beach parking garage.

Police said the 26-year-old American got into an exchange of words in the early morning hours Saturday when he approached a car filled with several women. ...

According to the report, the conversation escalated and Quarless fired his handgun into the air twice.

"It progressively became hostile," Miami Beach officer Michael Garcia wrote in the report.

Quarless was charged with discharging a firearm in public, which is considered a misdemeanor in US states like Florida as opposed to a more serious felony charge." ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/packers...6179--nfl.html

Comment

Working...
                  X