Brandon Marshall Calls Orton the Best QB He's Played With

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Marshall Calls Orton the Best QB He's Played With

Yikes, goes to show you that Marshall hasn't played with too many good QB's in his day. Seems like a shot at Cutler however.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...er-played-with

Asked to name the best quarterback he's ever played with, the Pro Bowl wideout offered up a surprising choice: Probably... Kyle Orton just bad body https://twitter.com/10aguzman/stat

Cutler certainly has his issues on the field, but the Bears passer helped Marshall to a career year in 2012 with 118 catches for 1,508 yards and 11 touchdowns. Their connection sputtered last season, though, along with the rest of Chicago's offense.

As the Bears crumbled, Cutler and Marshall endured their share of ups and downs, but Marshall went out of his way in March to call the two "brothers," saying, per ESPN.com: "We love each other, but also get into it. And it's always been that way and it will never change."

With his Bears career in the rear-view mirror, Marshall's focus now shifts to his new team, the Jets, and his new quarterback, Geno Smith, the up-and-down young passer charged with one clear task: Be a little bit better than Kyle Orton.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I can't disagree with him.
    sigpic

Comment

Isn't that like saying you are the least fat person in a line up at mcdonalds?

Like the bar isn't very high there.

Comment

And you think he's serious about it? Ha.

There's something going on between Marshall and Cutler. Marshall recently named the best teammates of his career and did not mention Cutler. Now he took another shot.

Marshall has mental problems, everyone knows it, and he's using the media to get some attention.

Maybe Cutler got tired of Marshall's act and is happy with the split.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          And you think he's serious about it? Ha.

There's something going on between Marshall and Cutler. Marshall recently named the best teammates of his career and did not mention Cutler. Now he took another shot.

Marshall has mental problems, everyone knows it, and he's using the media to get some attention.

Maybe Cutler got tired of Marshall's act and is happy with the split.
          Oh for sure something is going on.

it's just funny. taking pot shots at each other over the internet. so childish.

Comment

I'm agreeing with Rodd. New York media is going to love them some Brandon, just like McDonalds did.

He meant to say the best drinking quarterback he's ever played with!

sigpic
            The Bronco fan pledge;
            I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
            I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
            I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
            Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

LMAO---Bmarsh is still Bmarsh
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

He and Cutler are too similar, that's the problem
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Orton is the best QB we had after Cutler and before Tebow.
                  sigpic
                  2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

You missed part of the title... and it is easy to confuse.... he is the best quarterback he played QUARTERS with...

I got the booze and cups B-Marsh, you got a quarter?
                    sigpic

Comment

Here's the QB's he played with:

Cutler, Orton, Henne, Moore, Cutler again. I'm sure he'd probably say Cutler is the second best QB he's played with. Unlike Cutler, Orton wasn't a bad decision maker and he wouldn't usually force it into tight coverage. Cutler could open up the field a bit more, but he'd turn it over way more. Orton was just a very stiff QB, but not a dumb one, so I can see why he would say this.
                      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I agree with Brandon.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                          Isn't that like saying you are the least fat person in a line up at mcdonalds?

Like the bar isn't very high there.
                          They have bars in McDonalds? Is that just in Canada? And, the bars are low? Is that for children?
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Maybe he's just telling the truth the way he believes it to be. I don't see how it's that far fetched, personally.

By the way I always thought Matt Moore had a lot of potential. He might be Marshall's 2nd best QB. After Tannehill was drafted, his chances were really diminished there in Miami. And in Carolina - same type of deal

I think he'd make a really good back up QB and even a mid grade starter. He might not ever get a shot to start though...
                            Last edited by dizzolve; 07-20-2015, 04:31 PM.
                            Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Geez......if Orton's the best he's had, he sure has had it bad!!!!

Yah....think there's more to this story than meets the eye. Then again, Jay is not exactly an elite QB. (Don't get me started!!)

Comment

Working...
                              X