Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five NFL players who will take a step back in 2015

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Five NFL players who will take a step back in 2015

    - Five NFL players who will take a step back in 2015 -

    "The NFL is the ultimate “What have you done for me now?” league.

    What’s hot one day can simmer down quickly. Most teams tend to focus on taking away their opposition’s biggest strengths, and they do that by watching film and game-planning.

    However, some players that put up big numbers continue to produce and go on to have illustrious careers. Veteran receivers such as Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald have made a habit of drawing heavy coverage yet still managing to light up the scoresheet.

    But there are other players that have put together some dominant performances and followed up by coming down to earth a bit. This article will focus on five NFL'ers that may do just that during this upcoming season." ...

    http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...12740_19247296

  • #2
    They're wrong about Murray
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

    Comment


    • #3
      Now that Russell Wilson got mega paid, he will take a step back.

      Comment


      • #4
        I disagree about Kaep, because I don't think he'll get worse. He wasn't exactly a great QB by NFL Standards last year(great for a human being, but that's true of all NFL QBs, lol), I don't think he is going to get worse, I expect him to be about the same.

        I disagree about Brees. I find it funny that they are acting like he is on the decline because he 'only' had 4,952 yards, tied for first in the NFL I believe. I doubt the departure of Graham will hurt them much either, they do a great job of using receivers well, I think they will find a way to still have a great pass offense. They seem to thrive largely on finding the open receiver, maybe they'll even do that better without Brees being as tempted to throw it to Graham when he is well covered by single, double or even triple coverage.

        I don't know if I'll buy it about Odell Beckham regarding teams paying more attention to him hurting him. They may press him, but he may make them pay for it with his quickness. His injury may hurt him though.

        With Murray, he is a pretty good back. However, let's also not pretend that it would take an elite RB to put up great stats behind Dallas' line. He was pretty good though, I think he'll do well in Philly, I believe their O-line is also still pretty good.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
          I disagree about Kaep, because I don't think he'll get worse. He wasn't exactly a great QB by NFL Standards last year(great for a human being, but that's true of all NFL QBs, lol), I don't think he is going to get worse, I expect him to be about the same.

          I disagree about Brees. I find it funny that they are acting like he is on the decline because he 'only' had 4,952 yards, tied for first in the NFL I believe. I doubt the departure of Graham will hurt them much either, they do a great job of using receivers well, I think they will find a way to still have a great pass offense. They seem to thrive largely on finding the open receiver, maybe they'll even do that better without Brees being as tempted to throw it to Graham when he is well covered by single, double or even triple coverage.

          I don't know if I'll buy it about Odell Beckham regarding teams paying more attention to him hurting him. They may press him, but he may make them pay for it with his quickness. His injury may hurt him though.

          With Murray, he is a pretty good back. However, let's also not pretend that it would take an elite RB to put up great stats behind Dallas' line. He was pretty good though, I think he'll do well in Philly, I believe their O-line is also still pretty good.
          PHI had the #1 RUSHING OL last year
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            Now that Russell Wilson got mega paid, he will take a step back.
            He will take a step back, then another step back, and another step back, and complete a nice TD pass to Jimmy Graham.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
              He will take a step back, then another step back, and another step back, and complete a nice TD pass to Jimmy Graham.
              Nah, he'll throw a pick instead of hand it to beast mode.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                Nah, he'll throw a pick instead of hand it to beast mode.
                If it's a poor play call by the OC, with an inferior receiver like Ricardo Lockette and a perfect play by the CB, then it's possible.
                Last edited by -Rod-; 08-01-2015, 04:59 PM.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Russel Wilson will probably improve, especially with adding Jimmy Graham. Plus, I wonder if Chris Matthews will end up being a good receiver for them. He may even improve to elite QB level honestly, or right below it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                    PHI had the #1 RUSHING OL last year
                    It's hard to imagine any line being better than Dallas's in run blocking, but I do believe they are pretty good. I don't know how they rank the O-lines, I imagine it's difficult to find a sound criteria for that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      In 2014, the top rushing team in the NFL was Seattle. They had most yards, highest yards per attempt, most rushing TDs and most yards per game. Dallas was second, but by a significant margin.

                      How much of that has to do with the O-Line or balance or playcalling or scheme would need to be examined more carefully to produce a valid analysis.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        They're wrong about Murray
                        Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                        Now that Russell Wilson got mega paid, he will take a step back.
                        I think Murray will have a good year, but even if he comes up short on yardage, which I believe he will, it doesn't mean he has taken much of a step back. It's a whole different team, and a whole different season. But he really had a good situation last year in Dallas, and some of those holes were pretty sweet!

                        As for Wilson, I doubt he steps back. He's a pro. He wants to improve. Outside of injury, I expect him to be very tough to defend against.

                        As for JT.....I concur.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          In 2014, the top rushing team in the NFL was Seattle. They had most yards, highest yards per attempt, most rushing TDs and most yards per game. Dallas was second, but by a significant margin.

                          How much of that has to do with the O-Line or balance or playcalling or scheme would need to be examined more carefully to produce a valid analysis.
                          To be fair, I'm sure Russell Wilson's 800 or so yards had a bit to do with that as well.
                          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I actually just checked, Wilson's 52 yards per game at 7.2 yards/carry definitely skewed those stats a bit.
                            Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                              I actually just checked, Wilson's 52 yards per game at 7.2 yards/carry definitely skewed those stats a bit.
                              IDK how to delineate yards Wilson gained rushing as a result of scrambling on a pass play from those he gained on a called run like Keep on Double Option.

                              However, I don't understand why Russell Wilson's rushing yards "skews" the fact that Seattle led the league in rushing. When Wilson was the intended ball carrier, the line still did some blocking, didn't they?

                              It is true that DeMarco Murray outrushed Marshawn Lynch by 500 yards last year, but emphasizing individual performances distracts from team stats which are far more relevant especially in defensive preparation.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X