Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Rice wants to "Hang em up the right way"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Not only did she hit him first, she also spit in his face……several times. I get the whole physical differences, but if that's the case, then a woman should already know not to put hands on a man. I have no issue with someone knocking the snot out of another person, be it man or woman, if the other person lay hands on them first. We need to get over this weak, poor woman standard of thought. It's not even close to the case. I've seen tiny women take hits that have put some of the biggest men I know down. I'm just over it. Women have too much freedom in that respect of everyday life. She can punch, spit, kick, and totally disrespect me. But the minute I lose my cool and sock her, I'm such a villain that I should be locked up forever? Come on!!!!!
    #swapping

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by flosstein View Post
      Not only did she hit him first, she also spit in his face……several times. I get the whole physical differences, but if that's the case, then a woman should already know not to put hands on a man. I have no issue with someone knocking the snot out of another person, be it man or woman, if the other person lay hands on them first. We need to get over this weak, poor woman standard of thought. It's not even close to the case. I've seen tiny women take hits that have put some of the biggest men I know down. I'm just over it. Women have too much freedom in that respect of everyday life. She can punch, spit, kick, and totally disrespect me. But the minute I lose my cool and sock her, I'm such a villain that I should be locked up forever? Come on!!!!!
      This is kind of dangerous territory we're getting into at this point, yet I tend to agree more than disagree.

      I absolutely believe a man should be able to defend himself from any attack regardless of the gender of the attacker. However, a man should also be able to keep himself level minded and meet the aggression in an appropriate way.

      For example, being spit at and slapped could probably be walked away from, albeit red faced. Now if a woman takes a swing with a bat, she should probably expect to be seeing birdies assuming she misses. Men should conduct themselves as gentlemen and women should conduct themselves as ladies.
      Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
        This is kind of dangerous territory we're getting into at this point, yet I tend to agree more than disagree.

        I absolutely believe a man should be able to defend himself from any attack regardless of the gender of the attacker. However, a man should also be able to keep himself level minded and meet the aggression in an appropriate way.

        For example, being spit at and slapped could probably be walked away from, albeit red faced. Now if a woman takes a swing with a bat, she should probably expect to be seeing birdies assuming she misses. Men should conduct themselves as gentlemen and women should conduct themselves as ladies.
        That's the part of this whole saga that gets under my skin. They only showed the footage of her in casino where she was going ballistic on him once. He tried to walk away and just get her back to the room. the video of her getting knocked out is after almost 15mins of her attacking him and the casino security staff escorting them off the gambling floor because she was so out of control. So the whole story was swayed to push an agenda and vilify him and make her look like some battered woman. When in fact if u ever known a battered woman, she doesn't act like that.
        #swapping

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by flosstein View Post
          That's the part of this whole saga that gets under my skin. They only showed the footage of her in casino where she was going ballistic on him once. He tried to walk away and just get her back to the room. the video of her getting knocked out is after almost 15mins of her attacking him and the casino security staff escorting them off the gambling floor because she was so out of control. So the whole story was swayed to push an agenda and vilify him and make her look like some battered woman. When in fact if u ever known a battered woman, she doesn't act like that.
          On these points I couldn't agree more, this is the other side of domestic violence nobody wants to talk about. These double standards and trying to solve past inequalities by flipping them around today are tearing this country apart.

          Domestic violence is a real problem, but it is also a weapon. A weapon commonly used for gain by women, who have no problems lying. If people don't want to hear that too bad. Plenty are living with the ramifications of being on the wrong side of it.

          Edit: Just wanted to add to this that about 75% of all restraining orders issued in this country are deemed to be false, 85% of the petitioners are women, and they face little to no consequences for their actions.
          Last edited by JJBroncoFan; 08-12-2015, 09:01 PM.
          Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

          Comment


          • #20
            I agree with JJ in that this is dangerous territory, however I will comment on some things that have been said. I will say this, I do think that all instances shouldn't be grouped into the same category. It is one thing to say something isn't ok to do in retaliation, it's another thing to treat someone like they have no responsibility in a situation.

            If a woman does hit a man first, then she shouldn't be treated like an innocent victim(depending on the 'aggressiveness' of the shot she took, I suppose...as a light slap isn't the same as being highly aggressive). Assaults by women on men should be punished. Even if it is the case that it may not hurt the man that much, doesn't mean it is ok to do.

            That, and if someone is continually provoked, eventually they may snap. If it really is true that she continually was assaulting him for that long, then it is VERY hard to sympathize with her, and I don't think it's worth trying to. If he tried to walk away, that also makes it hard to play the 'he should have walked away' card to me, because it would mean he did try to, but that she insisted on keeping it going. I don't know if I'm going to say that would make it ok for him to do what, however that does seem a lot like 'asking for it'(not literally).

            It shouldn't all be put on the same level, and in fact that is an insult to women who suffer from severe domestic violence. I know someone who had to move away from her house, in fear of her safety because her abusive ex boyfriend was out of jail. There likely women out there who get beaten close to death, and at times without even trying to provoke their boyfriends. Not to say that is justified just because someone tries to make you mad, don't misunderstand me, it's to show the degree of how abusive some people are, some of those guys may actually look for reasons to beat their wives.

            If all you have to do is not hit someone to avoid being hit, you are not on the level of someone in a situation like that imo. If you actually follow someone assaulting them until they hit you, it's even more true imo. To say those two people are in the same boat is to me saying that if you follow someone assaulting them until they snap, your victimized just as much as someone who has to hide from their abuser.

            That is the danger to me of fixating on the man/woman thing to the point where you think it's all on the same level as long as it's a man on a woman. I've heard arguments that allowing women to play sports with men sends 'mixed messages' about whether or not it's ok for a man to hit a woman...pretty sure the difference is...consensual sports match versus assault...hence, why high schools that suspend people for fighting spend lots of money on football and wrestling teams...not hard to understand imo.

            I think at times, emotional responses may drive people to want to lump it all in together, but if I hear a story about a woman being abused severely, to me that highlights that there are different levels to it all, and to me it's an insult to what someone like that endures to act like a woman who follows a man assaulting him until he snaps is someone on the same level as far as being victimized.

            Comment


            • #21
              I think everyone would agree that hurting those you are supposed to love is wrong. Furthermore, hurting anyone when not in self defense is wrong.

              Unfortunately, that is only the narrative behind domestic violence, not the reality. To be clear it is a problem, and it absolutely needs to stop. However, to fix any issue you must be realistic about what the problem is. You cant insert bias into the problem just because it makes you feel better. The solution presently being used has created more victims than it has saved. Those involved in the development of those solutions should be ashamed of themselves yet they are celebrated by certain "groups."
              Last edited by JJBroncoFan; 08-13-2015, 01:31 PM.
              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
                With Arian Foster going down, Houston is in dire need of someone dynamic in the backfield. Could Ray Rice go to Houston?

                Everyone makes mistakes... some bigger than others. Do you think Ray Rice deserves a 2nd chance?
                This is the subject of this thread.

                There is another thread that would be a better fit for some of these posts. If I find it, I will post the link to it.

                Please keep this discussion to if you think Rice deserves a second chance in football/if he'll go to Houston.

                Thanks.

                EDIT: I found it. I was looking in the wrong forum. I guess that's what happens at 3AM. It's in P&R.

                http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...light=ray+rice
                Last edited by Peanut; 08-13-2015, 03:27 PM.
                Administrator
                sigpic

                #LupusAwareness

                #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                Comment

                Working...
                X