Geno Smith sucker punched out 6-10 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geno Smith sucker punched out 6-10 weeks

BREAKING: Geno Smith out 6-10 weeks with a broken jaw after being punched by Ik Enemkpali. Ik has been released. Stay tuned for details...

This on the eve of Cam Newton's fight.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Just plain stupid...

Geno Smith will be sidelined 6-10 weeks after breaking his jaw in a "locker room altercation."
    Stupefying. According to coach Todd Bowles, Smith was "sucker punched" by LB IK Enemkpali, who has been released. Bowles said the argument was not football related. The injury gifts No. 1 duties to Ryan Fitzpatrick, and destroys what was a golden opportunity for Smith to solidify the Jets' No. 1 job once and for all. Now, his future in New York is murkier than ever. The 6-10 week timeline gives Smith a shot at returning before the Jets' Week 5 bye, but it's far from a certainty. As for the rest of New York's skill corps, the shift from Smith to FitzMagic is largely neutral, and perhaps even an upgrade.

Source: Rotoworld

Comment

It's really horrible, but it's still kind of funny how stupid some people are.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

This is just breaking news, so bear with us. Apparently this morning, IK Enemkpali walked up to Geno Smith and punched him in the jaw, breaking it. Enemkpali was immediately released, and Smith now has a broken jaw, which means he will be out 6-10 weeks. This is obviously huge news, and we will have more as it comes out.

Holy Moly: Geno smith got sucker punched in locker room this morning. Broken jaw. Out 6-10 weeks at least.

— Ben Shpigel (@benshpigel) August 11, 2015
        I don't think I've ever heard of anything quite like this, so we'll have more soon.

Source: Gang Green Nation
        Any legal eagles out there want to weigh in on the possible criminality of this, whether Smith can press charges? I'd have to think he would have a case if he wanted to pursue it, criminally and civilly.

Comment

Word is Geno Smith put his finger in the face of IK Enemkpali’s during and argument that wasn’t getting difused. Then came the punch

Jets PR are spinning this so hard
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Jaw-dropping news.

Sorry, I could not let this one slip.
            sigpic

Comment

Zero class and just plain bull... Unless Geno made a pass at his wife there is no excuse fir this behavior.

Charges will most likely follow very soon.
              sigpic

Comment

Bet Decker is questioning his life right now

Comment

Just heard on radio they are now reporting that Smith was first to swing but his punch was blocked and this was the counter punch.

Mmmm if true this guy truly is an idiot
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I took a look around the internet and early reports are along the lines of, "Enemkpali is no stranger to violence". Funny how they left out Geno Smith's poor decisions.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1970991
                    sigpic

Comment

Tom Brady and Bill Belichek probably had something to do with this.

6 months from now, Goodell will come out and say that there was a conspiracy to keep Geno out during Brady's suspension.

:sarcasm:
                      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                      Adopted By:
                      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                      Broncbeat

Comment

I wonder if this was a Fitzpatrick deal like Tanya Harding j/k

I am not familiar with radio station I am listening to but it is 1560 am in OK City, OK they came through with an update and said they were now saying Smith swang first, but talk show portion is still talking sucker punch---who knows

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post

I am not familiar with radio station I am listening to but it is 1560 am in OK City, OK they came through with an update and said they were now saying Smith swang first, but talk show portion is still talking sucker punch---who knows
                          My first reaction was, this is sooo "The Jets."

I heard he put his finger in the guy's face. Who knows.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

IK Enemkpali ‏@RealIKEnemkpali · 17m17 minutes ago
                            How's your jaw @GenoSmith7

Don't know if that is the real guy but if it is, loll. He aint to sorry

edit: not the real account sorry
                            Last edited by FL BRONCO; 08-11-2015, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post

Well, in light of that news then I don't feel bad for posting this

Comment

Working...
                              X