Bold predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bold predictions

I thought it would be cool to make some BOLD predictions for the rest of the NFL (besides the Broncos) in the upcoming season. Seems fun to look back after the season and see if any of it came true. Here's my predictions

Adrian Peterson rushes for 2000 yards for the second time cementing his place in the Hall of Fame.

Ameer Abdullah surges onto the scene to be top 10 in rushing this year.

JJ Watt breaks the sack record

Marcus Mariota throws 35+ touchdowns

Again, these are my bold predictions. I wouldn't bet any money on it but I could see all of these happening. What are everybody else's Bold predictions?

Originally posted by TheMoth View Post
    I thought it would be cool to make some BOLD predictions for the rest of the NFL (besides the Broncos) in the upcoming season. Seems fun to look back after the season and see if any of it came true. Here's my predictions

Adrian Peterson rushes for 2000 yards for the second time cementing his place in the Hall of Fame.

Ameer Abdullah surges onto the scene to be top 10 in rushing this year.

JJ Watt breaks the sack record

Marcus Mariota throws 35+ touchdowns

Again, these are my bold predictions. I wouldn't bet any money on it but I could see all of these happening. What are everybody else's Bold predictions?
    Manning has another pro bowl year.

If you listen to what most say, that just isnt going to happen.
    sigpic

Comment

These are all barring injuries and things like that however I'll go with a few

1. Cardinals finish 14-2, number 1 seed in the NFC
      2. Seahawks defense falls out of the top 8, with teams starting to pick up on things the Patriots and Chargers used to move the ball well on them.
      3. Vic Fangio turns around the Bears defense, which finishes in the top 10.
      4. Jimmy Garrapollo plays great in the Pat first 4 games, and the Pats finish 3-1 down that stretch, including a win over the Steelers in a high scoring game on opening night.

As to yours, I doubt it on the AP prediction, it's hard to say if AP will still be as good as he was after a long time off at an older age. It's tough to last a long time with a running style that involves taking a lot of clean shots, although I believe John Riggins did it, though he is likely the exception as opposed to the rule, and if you don't learn how to run well without relying as much on freak athleticism, it can be tough to run well if that fades away.

JJ Watt breaking the sack record I could see happening. I believe he has come close. In a pass heavy league, it is surprising someone hasn't broken Strahan's record already with the amount of drop backs.

Comment

Originally posted by fallforward3y+ View Post
        These are all barring injuries and things like that however I'll go with a few

1. Cardinals finish 14-2, number 1 seed in the NFC
        2. Seahawks defense falls out of the top 8, with teams starting to pick up on things the Patriots and Chargers used to move the ball well on them.
        3. Vic Fangio turns around the Bears defense, which finishes in the top 10.
        4. Jimmy Garrapollo plays great in the Pat first 4 games, and the Pats finish 3-1 down that stretch, including a win over the Steelers in a high scoring game on opening night.

As to yours, I doubt it on the AP prediction, it's hard to say if AP will still be as good as he was after a long time off at an older age. It's tough to last a long time with a running style that involves taking a lot of clean shots, although I believe John Riggins did it, though he is likely the exception as opposed to the rule, and if you don't learn how to run well without relying as much on freak athleticism, it can be tough to run well if that fades away.

JJ Watt breaking the sack record I could see happening. I believe he has come close. In a pass heavy league, it is surprising someone hasn't broken Strahan's record already with the amount of drop backs.
        I like #3, and it just might happen. Fangio has done it before.

Comment

since i am a chargers fan i won't make any bold chargers predictions either.

1. adrian Peterson rushes for less than 1000 yards

2. mami will have a first round bye in the playoffs

3. ameer abdullah will be the ROY

4. ryan mathews will have more rushing yards than demarco murray

5. the patriots miss the playoffs.

most of this likely doesn't happen but i have a feeling about AP having a very underwhelming season, either by performance or due to injury.

Comment

Working...
          X