Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weddle fined for watching daughter at half

Sports
    Chargers fine Eric Weddle $10K for watching his daughter perform at halftime
    Adam Stites,SB Nation 2 hours 12 minutes ago Sign in to like Reblog on Tumblr Tweet

Weddle's career with the Chargers is almost certainly through and it ends on a sour note.

The San Diego Chargers fined safety Eric Weddle $10,000 for staying on the field at halftime during a Week 15 game against the Miami Dolphins so he could watch his daughter perform during a dance ceremony.

After not disclosing the fine for a week, Weddle's agent David Canter tweeted about the fine in an angry series of tweets directed at the Chargers. The team placed Weddle on injured reserve on Monday against the player's wishes, almost certainly ending his career with the team, and according to Canter, the Chargers aren't going to let Weddle travel with the team in Week 17.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Not a great way to end his time with the team and not letting him travel for his last game with his teammates. Pretty sour after being a Charger for so long. What a krappy way to end things.

Comment

yeah its pretty crap, the only thing he did wrong is not inform the team he's going to do that but even then it seems wrong to me.

Comment

Was Weddle injured or was he playing?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
          Was Weddle injured or was he playing?
          playing but they were up 20-0 on miami at the time. from what an anonymous player said, all pagano (the DC) told them was to keep it up, pretty much.

i can understand a team sticking to their rules and not giving special treatment but family should come first in that situation. i mean his daughter was on the field at halftime performing and he didn't want to miss it, who can blame him?

Comment

The Chargers FO is a joke, I feel bad for their players.
            :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
            sigpic

Comment

Low class by the Chargers.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

This was probably the culmination of a lot of issues over the season. I don't think he should have been fined, but there is clear spin trying to be in his favor.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                  Sports
                  Chargers fine Eric Weddle $10K for watching his daughter perform at halftime
                  Adam Stites,SB Nation 2 hours 12 minutes ago Sign in to like Reblog on Tumblr Tweet

Weddle's career with the Chargers is almost certainly through and it ends on a sour note.

The San Diego Chargers fined safety Eric Weddle $10,000 for staying on the field at halftime during a Week 15 game against the Miami Dolphins so he could watch his daughter perform during a dance ceremony.

After not disclosing the fine for a week, Weddle's agent David Canter tweeted about the fine in an angry series of tweets directed at the Chargers. The team placed Weddle on injured reserve on Monday against the player's wishes, almost certainly ending his career with the team, and according to Canter, the Chargers aren't going to let Weddle travel with the team in Week 17.
                  This is good for the Broncos
                  sigpic

Comment

You stay classy San Diego. Then they wonder why no one wants to play for them
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      playing but they were up 20-0 on miami at the time. from what an anonymous player said, all pagano (the DC) told them was to keep it up, pretty much.

i can understand a team sticking to their rules and not giving special treatment but family should come first in that situation. i mean his daughter was on the field at halftime performing and he didn't want to miss it, who can blame him?
                      The Chargers do realize they are going to need to sell season tix in LA right? Outcasting your best defensive player isn't going to help.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                        The Chargers do realize they are going to need to sell season tix in LA right? Outcasting your best defensive player isn't going to help.
                        i don't know what they are thinking to be honest, they also pulled a caper when they signed their GM to an extension and didn't even announce it.

oh and speaking of selling tix in LA? who the hell is going to be buying them in the first place?

these are dark times to have to endure even for a chargers fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                          The Chargers FO is a joke, I feel bad for their players.
                          i feel bad especially for rivers, its a complete waste of a really good QB who i believe can win championships, i just don't think he can do it in that organization.

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                            This is good for the Broncos
                            No doubt it is.

But I feel bad for Weddle and his teamates. He has been a Charger his hole career. Was what he did really that bad. There season is done nothing to play for and the game well in hand . He just wanted to see his daughter. I get rules are rules, but even if you are going to do something to him, I find IRing him and not letting him play or travel with his team for the last game way over the top and I would be upset if I was him and if I was the other players on the team. I also find the move very classless from the Chargers organization. Just my opinion though. I know it won't happen, but I wish he would get a couple seats right behind the Chargers bench just too make a point and let him be there with his teammates.

Comment

This story seriously irks me to no end. Watching the local news here left a lot of locals scratching their heads too.

You have to wonder what the fall out of this might actually be in the long term. Clearly it could create issues of trust between the players and FO and ownders which seems already strained with a losing season, team management, and move to LA.

The Chargers might end up being the reincarnation of the Raiders from a decade ago. They are a sinking ship with people pointing fingers instead of helping bail water or right the ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X