***Official Steelers @ Bengals AFC Wild Card Playoff Game Thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    You may have legit reasons for some of your commentary, but suspending Burfict has nothing to do with political reasons....he flat out deserves to be suspended for his actions!
    Yes, but others also do it and get away with it. Like Cody Wallace hitting Bruton and Shazier hitting Bernard with the crown of his helmet. If they want consistency, all these players should be suspended equally. But that does not happen. It depends on the noise in the media and the PR impact. Burfict is a repeat offender and his play decided the game. All eyes are on him, so he's going down. Odell was suspended because everyone watched and was talking about that game. Other players are also head-hunting on the field but get no suspensions if there isn't enough public outcry. That hit by Cody Wallace on Bruton was worse than any hit I've seen by Burfict. The guy charged with the crown of his helmet and hit a motionless player in a pile. There was no suspension because few people cared about it.
    sigpic

Comment

• They just had a big piece on NFL network showing how the Shazier hit was much worse than the hit Cinc 36 put on Pitt 11 that was flagged.

11 took three full steps and should have been considered a runner not a defenseless receiver. Plus Cinc 36 stopped and did not lay him out.

Shazier hit Cinc 25 before he took 3 steps....and hit him with the crown of his helmet. No flag!

Same ref crew...same game ... different judgments!

It is nice people finally talking about this stuff on network TV

Dunno why Steeler players always seem to get favorable decisions

Also frankly look at Steelers coaching...Tomlin...Porter...it is no wonder the have a bunch of thugs on their team.

Like Tomlin btw...but honestly his teams should get flagged every season like how ours got flagged this year.
      Last edited by Hadez; 01-10-2016, 07:40 PM.
      Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        Yes, but others also do it and get away with it. Like Cody Wallace hitting Bruton and Shazier hitting Bernard with the crown of his helmet. If they want consistency, all these players should be suspended equally. But that does not happen. It depends on the noise in the media and the PR impact. Burfict is a repeat offender and his play decided the game. All eyes are on him, so he's going down. Odell was suspended because everyone watched and was talking about that game. Other players are also head-hunting on the field but get no suspensions if there isn't enough public outcry. That hit by Cody Wallace on Bruton was worse than any hit I've seen by Burfict. The guy charged with the crown of his helmet and hit a motionless player in a pile. There was no suspension because few people cared about it.
        I am not going to debate whether refs get it right all the time, because they don't. I am not defending Shazier. I am simply stating what I believe is fact.....Burfict should be suspended, and not for political reasons. Everyone was watching him for a reason. He is trouble. And his hit on Brown was incredibly dangerous, given Brown's position. And now we are hearing about his knee on Roethlisberger. I didn't know about that when I made my first judgement. If there's anything to it, he should be suspended for longer.

As I said, I am glad he helped his team implode. Football is a violent sport at the best of times. But Burfict goes further. And given everyone was watching him even closer, makes it all the more stupid.

Comment

I am not going to debate whether refs get it right all the time, because they don't. I am not defending Shazier. I am simply stating what I believe is fact.....Burfict should be suspended, and not for political reasons. Everyone was watching him for a reason. He is trouble. And his hit on Brown was incredibly dangerous, given Brown's position. And now we are hearing about his knee on Roethlisberger. I didn't know about that when I made my first judgement. If there's anything to it, he should be suspended for longer.

As I said, I am glad he helped his team implode. Football is a violent sport at the best of times. But Burfict goes further. And given everyone was watching him even closer, makes it all the more stupid.
          I agree, and Marvin Lewis should be held accountable for drafting players with character issues if these are the outcomes, he's been doing it for years and this time it cost him a playoff game. However I would like to state that the Steelers are dirty, just dirty, and they need to be held accountable as well. The refs should also be held accountable for not having control of the game at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
            I agree, and Marvin Lewis should be held accountable for drafting players with character issues if these are the outcomes, he's been doing it for years and this time it cost him a playoff game. However I would like to state that the Steelers are dirty, just dirty, and they need to be held accountable as well. The refs should also be held accountable for not having control of the game at all.
            You are right! Players out of control. Coaches not being accountable. Refs not managing the situation. And most everyone saw it coming. You could just tell by the way the tv folks were talking that emotions were getting very high, there's a history, and that there were obvious issues that needed to be dealt with.....ie. Burfict. Lewis appeared to do little about it. He could lose his job for that UGLY loss!

Comment

• Burfict gets 3 games. Not enough in my books. Every time I see the replay, it looks like pure head hunting. He could easily have broken Brown's neck......

Comment

Burfict gets 3 games. Not enough in my books. Every time I see the replay, it looks like pure head hunting. He could easily have broken Brown's neck......
                Yeah, cause what matters more is that he comes first. His need to express his rage, his need to express his violence, his need to express his power matters more than anything.

Never mind the expense to his team, never mind the expense to the fans. Never mind the expense to the coaches. All he cares about is his own selfish needs. Disgraceful and sickening.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• I laughed so much with this tweet:

https://twitter.com/johnbreech/statu...51250610155520

Irony of Burfict running into the locker room after his INT is that the Bengals prob would've won if he stayed there
                  And the vine shows Pacman right behind Burfict.

Look at the two guys celebrating in the tunnel... All that was wasted.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                    I laughed so much with this tweet:

https://twitter.com/johnbreech/statu...51250610155520

And the vine shows Pacman right behind Burfict.

Look at the two guys celebrating in the tunnel... All that was wasted.
                    Going down in flames... in style!

Comment

Working...
                    X