Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hue Jackson to Browns

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...d-terms-browns

I think this is partly Jackson being arrogant in thinking he can fix a broken situation.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Cleveland is probably the last team I'd go to but he's not getting any younger and The Browns were the first team to actually step up so I can't blame him for excepting "guaranteed" money...even though it will leave another bad stain on his coaching resume as his HCing stint with the Raiders did.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 01-13-2016, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I can't believe anyone would want to coach there. Too unstable.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...d-terms-browns

I think this is partly Jackson being arrogant in thinking he can fix a broken situation.
        From what I understand,the Browns were the only team that aggressively wanted him.The Giants pursued him too late,if you ask me,because the day after I would of been on the phone,instead of waiting a few days later.
        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

He should have waited for another opportunity.

With the leadership above him in Cle he will fail and most likely never get another shot at Head Coaching without some serious luck.
          Let's Ride!

Comment

If the Browns owners commit to giving him at least 3 full seasons to improve things, this was a good hire for both parties. If they do the usual and panic fire the HC after he doesn't instantly make the playoffs, then it's going to be a mistake for Jackson. Remember, he was right on the cusp of turning the raiders into a respectable team when mark davis fired him in 2011. He might be able to turn the Browns around...if given the chance...
            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Good hire. Hopefully they keep him around long enough to make a difference. Haslim has to realize that it takes time to turn things around, but I feel like they finally have the right coach.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                I can't believe anyone would want to coach there. Too unstable.
                I'd coach there. Know anything about Defense? I might be in need of a Coordinator.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                  I'd coach there. Know anything about Defense? I might be in need of a Coordinator.
                  I'm down. Though Sam might be a better choice. But I'll bring the Rootbeer shots!
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think it's crazy to leave an OC position with a playoff team to coach the Browns. I understand the urge to become a HC, but forget about the Browns. You leave everything behind, change your life, change your family's lives and do a lot of work only to be fired after one or two seasons. These coaches have a lot of confidence and always think they will be the ones to get it right. I thought Hue Jackson was doing a good job with the Raiders and turning that team around, so I thanked Reggie McKenzie for hiring Dennis Allen. In Cleveland, I fear he'll be just another lamb to the slaughter.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X