Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Official Chiefs @ Patriots AFC Divisional Playoff Game Thread***

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Theyre not lucky in Denver,

    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
      yeah...but they also get lucky alllllll the time. Deflects off a defenders chest into the hands of an offensive player. Thats an interception for every other team, somehow a disaster always turns into a positive play for the *Pats.
      Maybe they made a pact with Satan? Makes you wonder. Lol
      Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore

      Comment


      • Did anyone really believe we would be playing anybody other than the Patriots* if we beat Pitt?
        Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
          Maybe they made a pact with Satan? Makes you wonder. Lol
          oh...I always thought BB WAS satan, guess I was wrong.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
            Did anyone really believe we would be playing anybody other than the Patriots* if we beat Pitt?
            well considering pats had lost 4 of the last 6 and kc won 11 in a row, I thought there was a pretty good chance. I still kinda figured it would be the *patsies*

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
              oh...I always thought BB WAS satan, guess I was wrong.
              You maybe onto something.. And Tom Brady made a pact with him. It sure explains how Brady married Giselle. Lol
              Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore

              Comment


              • As poorly as KC played, they lost by a TD. Had they scored a TD instead of FGs, could have won. Time management sucked. Too conservative. Too many screens which put them in 3rd and longs.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                Comment


                • Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                  As poorly as KC played, they lost by a TD. Had they scored a TD instead of FGs, could have won. Time management sucked. Too conservative. Too many screens which put them in 3rd and longs.

                  The final scores (and stats) of games don't always tell the true story though (i.e. 'garbage time' scores & stats).

                  NE controlled/dominated the game and after both teams opening drives, at no time did it feel like KC was going to win the game.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
                    Maybe they made a pact with Satan? Makes you wonder. Lol
                    I thought that was a given.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      As poorly as KC played, they lost by a TD. Had they scored a TD instead of FGs, could have won. Time management sucked. Too conservative. Too many screens which put them in 3rd and longs.
                      What the hell did I watch last night?!?!?!?!?!?! Smith, for the most part, looked like he hadn't read the play book or watched any of the films. And what happened to time management at the end of the game? It doesn't matter if you get one touchdown, if you don't have any time left on the clock to squeak out the second touchdown to kick the game into OT. Looked more like Andy Reid was on one page of the play book, and the rest of the team was on 53 different pages.

                      Granted, the Patsies didn't look anything like their former selves, which is an even greater clue as to how bad the Chefs were playing. The fact that they lost by only one TD just means that some diety, somewhere, prevented an embarrassing blowout in Foxborough.
                      Last edited by Grandpa; 01-17-2016, 02:37 AM.
                      --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

                      Comment


                      • I will try not to be biased

                        Alex Smith had around 50 throws I dont know the exact number. The Chiefs came into this game flat out scared of the Pats. and I dont know why. We are a team that lives and dies by controlling the clock(in theory, except Andy Reid and what-not), running the ball, playing knock em out defense. Andy Reid chose to not do that today, I dont know why (outside of the fear factor I suspect). We never tried to establish the run, never tried to establish the pass rush. We played the game that New England wanted us to play. Kudos to them for that.

                        Long story short, the Chiefs deviated from what got them here in the first place, and they paid the price.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by brianfrommissou View Post
                          I will try not to be biased

                          Alex Smith had around 50 throws I dont know the exact number. The Chiefs came into this game flat out scared of the Pats. and I dont know why. We are a team that lives and dies by controlling the clock(in theory, except Andy Reid and what-not), running the ball, playing knock em out defense. Andy Reid chose to not do that today, I dont know why (outside of the fear factor I suspect). We never tried to establish the run, never tried to establish the pass rush. We played the game that New England wanted us to play. Kudos to them for that.

                          Long story short, the Chiefs deviated from what got them here in the first place, and they paid the price.
                          Yup, and we on the boards were saying the same. Couldn't believe all the stupid screen passes either.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by brianfrommissou View Post
                            Long story short, the Chiefs deviated from what got them here in the first place, and they paid the price.
                            They sure weren't the Chefs I expected ..... I had them picked to take the Patsies then get beat NEXT WEEKEND at Mile High, not THIS weekend in Foxborough. Sad, just so very very sad.

                            Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                            Yup, and we on the boards were saying the same. Couldn't believe all the stupid screen passes either.
                            Screens and quick throws are how you beat the blitz .... But you gotta plug them in at the right time, to the right side of the field, to the right receiver. Miss on all three counts and you lose to the Patsies at Foxborough. Reid and Smith DEFINITELY weren't on the same page, and there's a case that could be made for Pederson counting his first head coach's paycheck from the Eagles instead of paying attention to what was happening on the field. (Even ESPN calls that hire the worst coach hiring in the NFL.) I have ALWAYS maintained that no coach, coordinator, or other personnel on a team that is still going through the playoffs should EVER be interviewed -- and DEFINITELY no hiring announcement made -- until AFTER that team's season is over.

                            After watching the Cards-Packers game that followed, looks like my earlier hypothesis may be closer to the truth than I could have hoped for. Last weekend, all the road teams won; halfway into this weekend's games, the home teams have won. Karma, I guess.

                            Last edited by Grandpa; 01-17-2016, 07:23 AM.
                            --I have 2 favorite teams - #1 Broncos, #2 whoever is playing against Dallas.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X