Here's the real reason Brock left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the real reason Brock left

No it wasn't the benching. Let's not sell him short. He's a grown up professional who knew when he stepped in that this is a hell of an oppotunity to raise his stock. Nothing more. This was Manning's team.

The real reason he signed elsewhere is what he saw what happened to Manning. Here's a future HOF, arguably GOAT QB who ranked top five at the end of 2014. A year ago he'd taken the team to the Super Bowl. ... shattered records many didn't know existed.

Then, just like that he was low-balled and asked to take a pay cut. Possibly threatened with trade talks. Ultimately restructured and signed back but only with bonus options at lower pay.

If I'm Osweiller or his agent I'd be crystal clear that if I didn't beat expectations and wasn't lights out.. The same things could happen to me. Why sign a low offer with a sword dangling over my head? There is money to be made on teams which have low expectations and would be thrilled if he simply performs to his abilities. Easy decision.
    Last edited by River Side; 03-09-2016, 03:58 PM.

Manning taking us to the SB and the year he shattered records are the same season. Not back to back seasons.

Don't completely disagree about the pressure on him here but it still is partially the extra money. $8 mil may not be a ton in his overall contract but it's still more money.
    sigpic

Comment

Osweiler left because he was offered more money, end of story

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
        Manning taking us to the SB and the year he shattered records are the same season. Not back to back seasons.

Don't completely disagree about the pressure on him here but it still is partially the extra money. $8 mil may not be a ton in his overall contract but it's still more money.
        Bock read the fan boards..its ALOT of pressure..

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
          $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

It really doesn't matter why he left, at the end of the day he left, and signed a contract that's insane for a QB who's started 7 games in his career.

Comment

He left because this entire time he was allergic to chicken and team Would not serve him anything else when Chicken Parm was on the menu.

He was fed up with team not making accomedations to his allergies and didn't want to play for a team who doesn't respect him.

Comment

Originally posted by River Side View Post
                No it wasn't the benching. Let's not sell him short. He's a grown up professional who knew when he stepped in that this is a hell of an oppotunity to raise his stock. Nothing more. This was Manning's team.

The real reason he signed elsewhere is what he saw what happened to Manning. Here's a future HOF, arguably GOAT QB who ranked top five at the end of 2014. A year ago he'd taken the team to the Super Bowl. ... shattered records many didn't know existed.

Then, just like that he was low-balled and asked to take a pay cut. Possibly threatened with trade talks. Ultimately restructured and signed back but only with bonus options at lower pay.

If I'm Osweiller or his agent I'd be crystal clear that if I didn't beat expectations and wasn't lights out.. The same things could happen to me. Why sign a low offer with a sword dangling over my head? There is money to be made on teams which have low expectations and would be thrilled if he simply performs to his abilities. Easy decision.
                Brady took a paycut down to $9M...should no QB want to go play for them too???
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  Exactly.

And the fact that Texas is a "NO STATE TAX" state makes the 'more money' even more money!.

Comment

Footballs a bussiness first. To keep the window open to qwib, you ask players to help.

16 mil a year and 30 gaurenteed is not a low ball offer.

Comment

there's also the reason: You never want to be the guy to replace the guy, instead you want to be the guy to replace the guy who replaces the guy.

The next QB will live in Manning's shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                        The way it sounds is he tried to get both teams into a bidding war knowing they are both desperate for a QB, the Broncos backed out when the money got too insane. Time will tell if it was the right decision, but history of these short term starting FA QB's isn't good.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          there's also the reason: You never want to be the guy to replace the guy, instead you want to be the guy to replace the guy who replaces the guy.

I wouldn't say that, Manning was only here 4 years, and by the end of the 4th most fans were ready to see him go.

Certainly a different situation than it was when Elway retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

So if he throws more than 9 touchdowns and fewer than 17 interceptions he should be ok.
                            [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                              Footballs a bussiness first. To keep the window open to qwib, you ask players to help.

16 mil a year and 30 gaurenteed is not a low ball offer.
                              No its not but Os had an opportunity to make more and he took it , to me that's like any poster on here at their own job would do.. You cant expect him to do one thing and not do it yourself ,,that's silly. Os has a chance in Texas to be Os by making his own mark.. he comes out from underneath Peyton's shadow.. Its a good day for him..

Comment

Working...
                              X