Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a graphic with the trade details:

Comment

I was looking at Sam Bradford's contract details. It looks like if we traded for him we'd be on the hook for $7 MIL this year and he has a giant roster bonus next year. I wonder if he'd rework that to something more incentive based and long term team friendly? I also wonder what the Eagles would want, they just lost three 2016 picks and meaningful picks for 2017/2018.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
        I understand what you're saying. I was just kind of talking crap. If they are starting over which is what it looks like to me they should build inside out. Start with the interior lines.

I think that's what they're doing from what I hear from local radio here in Cleveland.
        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

I doubt they part ways with him this year. They'll wait till next year since he's only 7 mil. That's dirt cheap and that'll give the rookie a year to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            So is it true that TEN has something like 7 of the first top 10 picks?
            Not this year! The updated order is here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...l-seven-rounds

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

So is it true that TEN has something like 7 of the first top 10 picks?
              More like they have 0 of the top 10 picks. I hoped that was a sarcastic question.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
                I doubt they part ways with him this year. They'll wait till next year since he's only 7 mil. That's dirt cheap and that'll give the rookie a year to develop.
                They just gave him a big ol' chunk of money as a signing bonus so his cost to the team this year is way over $7 MIL. Not that this makes trading him better - that money is spent. They have a sizable investment in him. He also has a big roster bonus due next year.

Comment

So is it true that TEN has something like 7 of the first top 100 picks?
                  They have 6 in the top 100 (fixed that for you):

Round 1, Pick 15 (#15 overall) (From Rams)
                  Round 2, Pick 2 (#33 overall)
                  Round 2, Pick 12 (#43 overall) (From Eagles through Rams)
                  Round 2, Pick 14 (#45 overall) (From Rams)
                  Round 3, Pick 1 (#64 overall)
                  Round 3, Pick 13 (#76 overall) (From Rams)

Then they have three more in rounds 5 - 7:

Round 5, Pick 1 (#140 overall)
                  Round 6, Pick 18 (#193 overall) (From Falcons)
                  Round 7, Pick 1 (#222 overall)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracke...team-input:ten

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                    I just saw this via FB:

http://deadspin.com/browns-trade-sec...tlo-1772077911

They have to be going after a QB, right? Does that push D-Line talent down towards us? Does that draw QB's up in the draft rankings? Are we looking at a possibility where Connor Cook moves up to #25-ish? I don't want to trade picks for the guy. Screw that. Sign Hoyer as Sanchez's back up and go BPA.
                    I 100% agree. BPA as it always has been for Elway...
                    sigpic

Comment

Philly has royally screwed up the QB market this off season. What a bunch of pikers.
                      -
                      Yes, this move is expected to add to the blood in the water.. as the QB Feeding Frenzy heats up.
                      -
                      BPA @ #31.. is what I expect Elway to take....
                      and draft a QB down the line.
                      -
                      Many analysts are expecting no less than 5 QB's to go in the first round now...
                      Gruden's hype has somehow elevated Hackenberg to a hot commodity...
                      -
                      Wentz, Goff, Lynch, Cook and Hackenberg all expected to go in 1st..
                      and who knows.. maybe more?
                      LA, Eagles, Buffalo , Dallas, SF, Jets, even possibly KC are all rumored to be in the hunt.
                      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Neither of the top 2 QB's are a sure thing or ready to start day 1. I'd think Bradford stays and plays this year. Looks like there will be a run on QB's, though they could surprise and go after EE. Just a mind-boggling amount of draft picks to give up for a RB! Kinda makes the money we shelled out for Manning seem like a bargain, doesn't it?

If anyone thought getting a franchise QB would be easy from pick 31, this should put it to rest. BPA, and if that happens to be a QB, so be it, but I suspect we'll be looking at Prescott or a guy like Hogan later. Sanchez will almost certainly be the starter unless we swap him out for Hoyer or another vet becomes available. Personally, I'll take Sanchez's hunger right now over Hoyer, who looked for all the world like he will never be a playoff caliber QB against KC.

Comment

Chatter on the radio was that Browns held their first Mini camp last weekend..
                          and they actually saw what they have with RG3..
                          and this deal is a result of them being comfortable going forward with him.
                          -
                          It just may be that there is a new era dawning in Cleveland..
                          an era of common sense and relying on the board..
                          they hired an all new analytics team... apparently.
                          Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 04-20-2016, 05:52 PM.

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Oh yeah... I think it is a bonehead move by Eagles.

DOH! (Slaps forehead!)

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                              Chatter on the radio was that Browns held their first Mini camp last weekend..
                              and they actually saw what they have with RG3..
                              and this deal is a result of them being comfortable going forward with him.
                              -
                              It just may be that there is a new era dawning in Cleveland..
                              an era of common sense and relying on the board..
                              they hired an all new analytics team... apparently.
                              I heard Josh McCown took the majority of the teams first snaps. I know it's early but I don't know what that says?

Comment

Cleveland, who has a pretty bad history of drafting since the late 90s, has got to make a wise decision with their 8th overall pick. They have gained picks in this trade, but with nothing in round two this year, they might end up with another sub par draft.....and that just can't happen. Especially if they roll with RGIII, and he does not regain old form.

The good news, they have some really good picks this year and next, BUT I am not so sure I wouldn't have drafted Wentz at 2, and come back with a quality pick early in round 2....or trade back then to acquire an extra pick or two. Until they produce a good QB, I don't see this team improving a whole lot. Again, it's critical they do well with their first pic. One mistake there could be a mess.

Mind you, if they play according to plan, they will have two first rounders next year, and likely one will be very high.....thanks to another sub par season.
                                Last edited by CanDB; 04-20-2016, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X