• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
    $18mil per year?

he has had like 3 acl surgeries and has nothing to show for it.

why pay that much money when they sent the farm to draft a qb at #2.
    spend the money somewhere else and roll w that rookie qb then
    Does Brock deserve what he got? They probably want a QB to sit and learn from Bradford, although I don't agree with their decision

Leave a comment:

• JT24Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Not that huge, compared to other QBs in the game
    $18mil per year?

he has had like 3 acl surgeries and has nothing to show for it.

why pay that much money when they sent the farm to draft a qb at #2.
    spend the money somewhere else and roll w that rookie qb then

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
    its crazy. they just signed bradford to a huge contract
    Not that huge, compared to other QBs in the game

Leave a comment:

• JT24Champ
    replied
    its crazy. they just signed bradford to a huge contract

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I think in April it says absolutely nothing. I thought I heard they were looking to get rid of McCown anyway?
    I heard that when they first signed RG3, but now I don't know. It looks like McCown will be the back up to RG3 if RG3 earns the job. Which is what Jackson has stated, RG3 isn't the starter yet, he needs to earn it.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I heard Josh McCown took the majority of the teams first snaps. I know it's early but I don't know what that says?
    I think in April it says absolutely nothing. I thought I heard they were looking to get rid of McCown anyway?

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Cleveland, who has a pretty bad history of drafting since the late 90s, has got to make a wise decision with their 8th overall pick. They have gained picks in this trade, but with nothing in round two this year, they might end up with another sub par draft.....and that just can't happen. Especially if they roll with RGIII, and he does not regain old form.

The good news, they have some really good picks this year and next, BUT I am not so sure I wouldn't have drafted Wentz at 2, and come back with a quality pick early in round 2....or trade back then to acquire an extra pick or two. Until they produce a good QB, I don't see this team improving a whole lot. Again, it's critical they do well with their first pic. One mistake there could be a mess.

Mind you, if they play according to plan, they will have two first rounders next year, and likely one will be very high.....thanks to another sub par season.

I like Hugh Jackson & I think if the owner gives him time he'll get it right. What they do with the first pick is anyones guess, but I think it'll be a defensive or offensive lineman.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Cleveland, who has a pretty bad history of drafting since the late 90s, has got to make a wise decision with their 8th overall pick. They have gained picks in this trade, but with nothing in round two this year, they might end up with another sub par draft.....and that just can't happen. Especially if they roll with RGIII, and he does not regain old form.

The good news, they have some really good picks this year and next, BUT I am not so sure I wouldn't have drafted Wentz at 2, and come back with a quality pick early in round 2....or trade back then to acquire an extra pick or two. Until they produce a good QB, I don't see this team improving a whole lot. Again, it's critical they do well with their first pic. One mistake there could be a mess.

Mind you, if they play according to plan, they will have two first rounders next year, and likely one will be very high.....thanks to another sub par season.
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-20-2016, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Chatter on the radio was that Browns held their first Mini camp last weekend..
    and they actually saw what they have with RG3..
    and this deal is a result of them being comfortable going forward with him.
    -
    It just may be that there is a new era dawning in Cleveland..
    an era of common sense and relying on the board..
    they hired an all new analytics team... apparently.
    I heard Josh McCown took the majority of the teams first snaps. I know it's early but I don't know what that says?

Leave a comment:

• PAINTERDAVE
    replied
    Oh yeah... I think it is a bonehead move by Eagles.

DOH! (Slaps forehead!)

Leave a comment:

• PAINTERDAVE
    replied
    Chatter on the radio was that Browns held their first Mini camp last weekend..
    and they actually saw what they have with RG3..
    and this deal is a result of them being comfortable going forward with him.
    -
    It just may be that there is a new era dawning in Cleveland..
    an era of common sense and relying on the board..
    they hired an all new analytics team... apparently.
    Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 04-20-2016, 05:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dgobronco
    replied
    Neither of the top 2 QB's are a sure thing or ready to start day 1. I'd think Bradford stays and plays this year. Looks like there will be a run on QB's, though they could surprise and go after EE. Just a mind-boggling amount of draft picks to give up for a RB! Kinda makes the money we shelled out for Manning seem like a bargain, doesn't it?

If anyone thought getting a franchise QB would be easy from pick 31, this should put it to rest. BPA, and if that happens to be a QB, so be it, but I suspect we'll be looking at Prescott or a guy like Hogan later. Sanchez will almost certainly be the starter unless we swap him out for Hoyer or another vet becomes available. Personally, I'll take Sanchez's hunger right now over Hoyer, who looked for all the world like he will never be a playoff caliber QB against KC.

Leave a comment:

• PAINTERDAVE
    replied
    Philly has royally screwed up the QB market this off season. What a bunch of pikers.
    -
    Yes, this move is expected to add to the blood in the water.. as the QB Feeding Frenzy heats up.
    -
    BPA @ #31.. is what I expect Elway to take....
    and draft a QB down the line.
    -
    Many analysts are expecting no less than 5 QB's to go in the first round now...
    Gruden's hype has somehow elevated Hackenberg to a hot commodity...
    -
    Wentz, Goff, Lynch, Cook and Hackenberg all expected to go in 1st..
    and who knows.. maybe more?
    LA, Eagles, Buffalo , Dallas, SF, Jets, even possibly KC are all rumored to be in the hunt.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post
    I just saw this via FB:

http://deadspin.com/browns-trade-sec...tlo-1772077911

They have to be going after a QB, right? Does that push D-Line talent down towards us? Does that draw QB's up in the draft rankings? Are we looking at a possibility where Connor Cook moves up to #25-ish? I don't want to trade picks for the guy. Screw that. Sign Hoyer as Sanchez's back up and go BPA.
    I 100% agree. BPA as it always has been for Elway...

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    So is it true that TEN has something like 7 of the first top 100 picks?
    They have 6 in the top 100 (fixed that for you):

Round 1, Pick 15 (#15 overall) (From Rams)
    Round 2, Pick 2 (#33 overall)
    Round 2, Pick 12 (#43 overall) (From Eagles through Rams)
    Round 2, Pick 14 (#45 overall) (From Rams)
    Round 3, Pick 1 (#64 overall)
    Round 3, Pick 13 (#76 overall) (From Rams)

Then they have three more in rounds 5 - 7:

Round 5, Pick 1 (#140 overall)
    Round 6, Pick 18 (#193 overall) (From Falcons)
    Round 7, Pick 1 (#222 overall)

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracke...team-input:ten

Leave a comment:

Working...
X