Superbowl 51, a foregone conclusion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superbowl 51, a foregone conclusion.

I know on any given Sunday, Thursday or Monday anything can happen, and Dak and Tom could be hurt but it sure looks like the Boys and the Pats are going to duel it out for the bragging rights this year while they casually swat aside all who dare to usurp their lofty position on their way to the great battle that is SB 51.

I love my Broncos dearly as Chiefs and even Raider fans love theirs but I sure would have hot popcorn ready for a Pats / Cowboys tussle!

Originally posted by False Start View Post
    I know on any given Sunday, Thursday or Monday anything can happen, and Dak and Tom could be hurt but it sure looks like the Boys and the Pats are going to duel it out for the bragging rights this year while they casually swat aside all who dare to usurp their lofty position on their way to the great battle that is SB 51.

I love my Broncos dearly as Chiefs and even Raider fans love theirs but I sure would have hot popcorn ready for a Pats / Cowboys tussle!
    The Pats are insanely overrated in the media right now, they're a very good team, but they're also very beatable. Keep in mind that the Seahawks (who entered the game in the bottom 3 in rushing the football) and 49ers have had a lot of success running on them. So the media saying "It's the Pats' NFL again" is laughable.

And the Cowboys look like the best team right now, but being the best team in November means nothing. If they enter the playoffs 15-1 they will lose their first playoff game, if they lose 1-2 in December they'll be a tough out in the playoffs. But the playoffs are a different animal, much tougher to win there than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by False Start View Post

Cowboys will have to deal with Seattle first and I'm not so sure they'd fair so good in that battle.

Comment

Lol...........

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          The Pats are insanely overrated in the media right now, they're a very good team, but they're also very beatable. Keep in mind that the Seahawks (who entered the game in the bottom 3 in rushing the football) and 49ers have had a lot of success running on them. So the media saying "It's the Pats' NFL again" is laughable.

And the Cowboys look like the best team right now, but being the best team in November means nothing. If they enter the playoffs 15-1 they will lose their first playoff game, if they lose 1-2 in December they'll be a tough out in the playoffs. But the playoffs are a different animal, much tougher to win there than it is now.
          Agree on both points, we have seen it most seasons that the hot team at the right time - late December and on - takes the trophy home. With 6 games to go still it is hard to say which teams will be there in the end. Even the Broncos have a decent chance still at winning it all.
          sigpic

Comment

Seattle is a beast at home.... they can be beaten on the road.

Dallas has no home-field advantage

it would be interesting if it wasn't in Dallas.

Pats have so much offensive firepower they might be hard to stop. There are teams that could make their lives miserable.

Its interesting they have lost two at home this year though.
            sigpic

Comment

Sure the Cowboys and Pats "look" like the best teams in their conferences right now, but lets take a look at their schedules the rest of the way...

Cowboys

@ Vikings
              @ Giants
              Vs Bucs
              Vs Lions
              @ Eagles

The Cowboys stacked up wins so far because of playing bad teams - Bears, 49ers, Bengals, Packers, Browns. Lets see how the Cowboys fair the rest of the way. The Cowboys could very well go 2-3 the rest of the way, going 2-0 at home and 0-3 on the road.

Patriots

@ Jets
              Vs Rams
              Vs Ravens
              @ Broncos
              Vs Jets
              @ Dolphins

The Patriots have also been able to stack up wins due to bad teams - Texans, Browns, Bengals, Steelers (no Big Ben), 49ers. Also, the Patriots were gifted a win in Week 1 due to Bruce Arians horrendous clock management. The Patriots remaining schedule likely wont do much to change the Patriots from being the medias darling either. While anything can happen any week in the NFL, the Jets are horrid, the Dolphins arent much better and nor are the Rams. I think Week 14 and Week 15 are going to determine whether the Patriots finish 14-2, 13-3, or 12-4.

Both the Cowboys and Patriots have been helps to their records of 10-1 and 8-2 because of being able to stack up wins against bad teams. Id love to see both those teams record at this point in the season if they played the Broncos schedule.
              Denver Broncos
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks
              Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Very rarely does the "foregone conclusion" actually happen. There are exceptions, of course, like the 98 Broncos who were supposed to win it all. As far as this year, yes the Pats look like the best in the AFC. However, what if the Steelers get hot going into the playoffs? No one would want to play them. Denver and Baltimore have both beaten N.E. in the playoffs recently. I hate to say it, but the Raiders are a young, talented, hungry team.

In the NFC, Dallas does look like the best team, but they lack experience. Plus, if Seattle can protect Wilson, the Seahawks can beat anyone. Even the Falcons with their explosive offense could get on a roll. Heck, you even have the wily N.Y. Giants hanging around. It'll be fun, no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
                  Heck, you even have the wily N.Y. Giants hanging around
                  The Giants have perhaps, if not the toughest, then one of the toughest schedules to finish out the season excluding this weeks game Vs the Browns.

@ Browns
                  @ Steelers
                  Vs Cowboys
                  Vs Lions
                  @ Eagles
                  @ Redskins

But the Giants should not be under estimated. They very quietly have gotten themselves to a 7-3 record, which includes currently holding the tie breaker advantage against the Cowboys. If it wasnt for a disastrous 4Q INT in the redzone by Eli Manning in week 3, right now the Giants could have been 8-2 with a 3-0 Division record.
                  Denver Broncos
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks
                  Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Lot of football to play.....

Comment

The real season starts late December.

I don't see your point with 6 games left

Comment

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Lot of football to play.....
                        Nope. Might as well skip the rest of the season. No one else has a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                          Nope. Might as well skip the rest of the season. No one else has a chance.

Pretty sure this time last year nobody were giving them bums from mile high a SB chance either.

Comment

Nothing and I repeat nothing is a Foregone Conculsion as far as it comes to the SB. If you ask me both the New England Patroits and the Dallas Cowboys have been getting easy teams to battle with. Now true u play who's on ur schedule but who doesn't stack up wins against Buffalo Bills New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers, and Washington Redskins.

I'd rather go into the playoffs battle tested winning tough games than having blowout easy wins against easy teams.

Comment

I don't think we match well at all against the cowboys. Most of the teams we have beaten have weak o lines and allowed our pass rushers shut down their offense. For example take last year's AFC conference game. We hit Brady something like 20 times with like 8 sacks? That's how we win, facing poor o lines. I don't think we could even look like the Redskins did yesterday since they had Cousins to keep them in the game.
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X