Chargers Fire Mike McCoy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers Fire Mike McCoy

According to Pro Football Weekly, the Chargers plan to part ways with McCoy after the season, likely on Black Monday — a day when multiple head coaches are typically fired across the NFL.

If the report holds true, McCoy’s last game with the Chargers will be against Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. A win would bring the Chargers to a record of 6-10 and a loss would bump them to a record of 5-11.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

A shake up is needed there.

This is the Gus Bradley situation. I don't think either are 'bad' HC's but you cannot produce such poor records with the talent both teams have and expect to survive the hot seat.

I wonder if McCoy would be interested in a return to Denver as OC

Comment

you got me all exited there with that thread title. it hasn't happened yet and i will only believe it when it's official.

Comment

Now watch the Chargers go after Kyle Shanahan.
        sigpic

Comment

now it's official.

Another postseason on the sideline has led the Chargers to part ways with their head coach. The Chargers fired Mike McCoy following a third consecutive season of missing the playoffs.

Comment

my only worry is now there are a lot of coaching vacancies and not a lot of good HC prospects IMO

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              my only worry is now there are a lot of coaching vacancies and not a lot of good HC prospects IMO
              Looks like you guys are going to interview New England's defensive coordinator.

Comment

Who knows McCoy could end up back with Fox as OC.

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                  Maybe the Bears will fire Fox and they'll switch jobs.
                  Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                      that would be a good guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                        Looks like you guys are going to interview New England's defensive coordinator.
                        they are also seeking to interview Vance Joseph. it's at least encouraging that they are looking at defensive minded guys for a change and i think at this stage of rivers' career as well as the up and coming talent on the defensive side of the ball, that it's a smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          they are also seeking to interview Vance Joseph. it's at least encouraging that they are looking at defensive minded guys for a change and i think at this stage of rivers' career as well as the up and coming talent on the defensive side of the ball, that it's a smart move.
                          I can't remember a team that's had as many injuries as the Chargers in the last two years. Question still is where will they be playing next year

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                            Maybe the Bears will fire Fox and they'll switch jobs.
                            Fox is staying from recent reports.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                              I can't remember a team that's had as many injuries as the Chargers in the last two years. Question still is where will they be playing next year
                              that is the Million dollar question right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X