Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers to LA

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
    A stunner: Chargers plan to announce as early as Thursday they are moving to LA, ending 55-year stint with SD, league sources tell ESPN.

Not that it wasn't expected, but looks like its about to be official. Sorry Baph
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

The second the Rams moved to LA they had to. They now are a second class citizen in LA. It also sucks because San Diego was a great road trip for Broncos fans. LA is just blah
    sigpic

Comment

Wow. They were the LA Chargers at one point weren't they?
      Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
        Wow. They were the LA Chargers at one point weren't they?
        Yes, ironically I think they were actually the first LA team of them all.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
          The second the Rams moved to LA they had to. They now are a second class citizen in LA. It also sucks because San Diego was a great road trip for Broncos fans. LA is just blah
          as opposed to being second class citizens in SD? nobody wants that team and even though they are paid very well, i feel bad for the players. they wont get any real home games no matter if they play in SD or LA, they will all be like road games.

at least they will be really good with the silent count.

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
            Yes, ironically I think they were actually the first LA team of them all.
            No, the Rams were there first (moved there from Cleveland in 1946), and were actually the first West Coast team. The Chargers were founded in 1960 and spent only one year in L.A.
            Last edited by L.M.; 01-11-2017, 10:06 PM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              as opposed to being second class citizens in SD? nobody wants that team and even though they are paid very well, i feel bad for the players. they wont get any real home games no matter if they play in SD or LA, they will all be like road games.

at least they will be really good with the silent count.
              The L.A. crowd is fickle, so all they have to do is win and they're in! Of course, we don't want that around here!

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                That stadium in Inglewood will be amazing! Assuming earthquakes don't total that gargantuan glass dome that is! So I'm looking forward to our team playing there. I wonder how much orange we'll see? We had lots in San Diego.

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                  The L.A. crowd is fickle, so all they have to do is win and they're in! Of course, we don't want that around here!
                  very true, they have to be better than the rams. supposedly they are going to play at a 30k capacity field the next two years, i kind of want to go to a game there if that's true! assuming they remain the chargers though, they will for at least one season.

Comment

very true, they have to be better than the rams. supposedly they are going to play at a 30k capacity field the next two years, i kind of want to go to a game there if that's true! assuming they remain the chargers though, they will for at least one season.
                    Man, I am sorry the team decided to leave San Diego also. I have to go there end of Aug./ first of Sept. this year and was hoping I might get lucky and catch a game the week I was there. (At least I have it in my head preseason is going on about then, cant remember for sure now)

But to the bolded, what is your take on that? I hate when a team leaves it's city, but it really bugs me when they take team name with them! I know the owner technically owns it, but I just wish they would leave the name with the city. The Cardinals name should not be in Arizona for example.

Just curious your take.

Comment

Originally posted by brianfrommissou View Post
                      Man, I am sorry the team decided to leave San Diego also. I have to go there end of Aug./ first of Sept. this year and was hoping I might get lucky and catch a game the week I was there. (At least I have it in my head preseason is going on about then, cant remember for sure now)

But to the bolded, what is your take on that? I hate when a team leaves it's city, but it really bugs me when they take team name with them! I know the owner technically owns it, but I just wish they would leave the name with the city. The Cardinals name should not be in Arizona for example.

Just curious your take.
                      well i don't live in cali anymore, so my take is this.......if they remain the chargers, i will probably still be a fan and everything, even though it's not going to be the same.

if they rebrand? i'm done as a fan. i do understand your view though, if San Diego ever got an expansion team they could brand them the San Diego Chargers, like what Cleveland did.

the problem is, that isn't going to happen. San Diego isn't getting an expansion team and for them to lure a team there? with the raiders likely in vegas and two teams in LA? it would almost have to be one of those teams to relocate and the only one not tied to a stadium would be the chargers or whatever they would call themselves.

not to mention the amount of public money that would have to be used to build a stadium for whatever team agreed to play in SD. the people of SD said no to a freakin hotel tax hike to build a stadium, virtually no out of pocket money.

yet they are going to agree to pay a lot ore money to build a stadium for another team?

i think the NFL is done in San Diego forever and to be honest as soon as the padres need a new stadium, they will be gone too. the only reason why they got their stadium is because the padres went to the world series the year of the vote.

San Diego is the worst sports town in america hands down, they don't deserve a major sports franchise of any kind, let alone an NFL franchise.

Comment

This sucks. I hope Dean Spanos dies a painful death.

That man has $650 million to pay in relocation fees to move the team to LA but he doesn't have that money to help put towards building a new stadium in San Diego.

Comment

well i don't live in cali anymore, so my take is this.......if they remain the chargers, i will probably still be a fan and everything, even though it's not going to be the same.

if they rebrand? i'm done as a fan. i do understand your view though, if San Diego ever got an expansion team they could brand them the San Diego Chargers, like what Cleveland did.

the problem is, that isn't going to happen. San Diego isn't getting an expansion team and for them to lure a team there? with the raiders likely in vegas and two teams in LA? it would almost have to be one of those teams to relocate and the only one not tied to a stadium would be the chargers or whatever they would call themselves.

not to mention the amount of public money that would have to be used to build a stadium for whatever team agreed to play in SD. the people of SD said no to a freakin hotel tax hike to build a stadium, virtually no out of pocket money.

yet they are going to agree to pay a lot ore money to build a stadium for another team?

i think the NFL is done in San Diego forever and to be honest as soon as the padres need a new stadium, they will be gone too. the only reason why they got their stadium is because the padres went to the world series the year of the vote.

San Diego is the worst sports town in america hands down, they don't deserve a major sports franchise of any kind, let alone an NFL franchise.
                          I was waiting on your take from the news. It's a sad day for the Chargers franchise but much less for loyal fans. Seems like the NFL is kind of in an identity crisis or if not close to one. Teams that have struggled and that are in smaller markets and have weak ownership are bearing the brunt,

The idea of rebranding hadn't crossed my mind but that you and others bring it up, that would be painful. I'm saddened and disappointed for SD's loss.

Comment

The re-branding is an attempt to drum up interest in a weak fan base. Meanwhile, as I read the terms of the deal, the Chargers will actually rent from the Rams and therefore the Rams will get a part of the Chargers game revenues. The way I understand it, this is really just a temporary strategy to perhaps renegotiate with SD in a few years for a new stadium.

So, the Chargers could re-brand under the influence of the LA fan base as something like the LA Fairies and then move back to SD as the Fairies ultimately resulting in the San Diego Fairies.

sigpic

Comment

How much cut do the Rams get out of stadium revenues the Chargers will make?

Also playing in a 30k seat stadium for two years? What a joke. I'm sure they'll build a large fan base with that. The stubhub center is a joke and an NFL team playing there is a disaster
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X