Chargers to LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    all bias aside, the chargers are in much better shape than the rams currently. the rams are a few years off and the chargers can possibly get things back on track in a hurry if they can figure out how to stay healthy and their new staff works out for them.

but yeah, if they continue to only win a handful of games every year, it will continue to be embarrassing, that goes for both NFL franchises that currently reside in LA.
    You may be right about both team's shape but I don't I was as clear as I meant to be - not your fault.

The Rams have more of a history with LA is really what I was getting at. Even with that and all the grandstanding of them bringing back the Rams, there is currently less interest than when they were in St. Louis, even in their latter seasons as they struggled to win with an ownership ready to pull the trigger to move.

Compare that with the Chargers who just cut the hearts out of their SD fan base, fickle as some may or may not be, with their move to LA. They will be the second franchise in the city that has more interest in the Raiders, who aren't moving there, and the Rams. They will also be playing for the time being in a 25,000 seat stadium - very, very small by NFL standards.

Spanos and the city of San Diego, I am sure, share their own part in this stalemate, but I think Spanos made a mistake here for short-term gain. In the long run, unless the Chargers have some miraculous season or two, this isn't going to work well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      You may be right about both team's shape but I don't I was as clear as I meant to be - not your fault.

The Rams have more of a history with LA is really what I was getting at. Even with that and all the grandstanding of them bringing back the Rams, there is currently less interest than when they were in St. Louis, even in their latter seasons as they struggled to win with an ownership ready to pull the trigger to move.

Compare that with the Chargers who just cut the hearts out of their SD fan base, fickle as some may or may not be, with their move to LA. They will be the second franchise in the city that has more interest in the Raiders, who aren't moving there, and the Rams. They will also be playing for the time being in a 25,000 seat stadium - very, very small by NFL standards.

Spanos and the city of San Diego, I am sure, share their own part in this stalemate, but I think Spanos made a mistake here for short-term gain. In the long run, unless the Chargers have some miraculous season or two, this isn't going to work well.
      that interest stared out pretty good though didn't it? the rams sucked so the honeymoon ended short, that's how LA works. next year if the rams were to start 6-0 watch the fans come back out again lol

that's my point and i think the chargers have a better shot to go in there and put a better quality product on the field than the rams. the rams have more history sure but if the chargers are clearly better they will get more support or at least just as much.

just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        that interest stared out pretty good though didn't it? the rams sucked so the honeymoon ended short, that's how LA works. next year if the rams were to start 6-0 watch the fans come back out again lol

that's my point and i think the chargers have a better shot to go in there and put a better quality product on the field than the rams. the rams have more history sure but if the chargers are clearly better they will get more support or at least just as much.

just my opinion.
        Well, it's hard to argue that knowing full well how the California sports fans' support ebbs and flows more than the tide on the coast.

Comment

Working...
        X