• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    A Perpetual Dumpster ��
    I hope they're insured!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I hope they're insured!!
      Nope, they clearly are not as Cleveland is where hope goes to die.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Nope, they clearly are not as Cleveland is where hope goes to die.
        Cavs? Indians haven't been bad lately, either. I literally can't talk Browns football with you anymore lol. I just hope if one day the do turn it around you don't jump on the wagon. After all according to you the Browns are located in Baltimore lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
          Cavs? Indians haven't been bad lately, either. I literally can't talk Browns football with you anymore lol. I just hope if one day the do turn it around you don't jump on the wagon. After all according to you the Browns are located in Baltimore lol.
          The Browns are in Baltimore and did I calll the team in Cleveland, Cleveland or the Browns? Note: I called them Cleveland.

Also, is this the Other Teams or Other Sports forum? Why would anyone come into a forum titled “Other NFL Teams” to discuss the Cleveland Cavaliers. Further, I have not heard of this team called the Indians? Was there an expansion? Last I saw Ohio only had two NFL teams one in Cleveland and the other in Cincinnati, called the Bengals.

Oh wait, you are talking about a Baseball team! Oh, I must have posted in the “Other Sports” rather than the “Other Teams” forum. Silly me
          Last edited by Charlie Brown; 12-09-2017, 03:50 PM.

Comment

The Browns are in Baltimore and did I calll the team in Cleveland, Cleveland or the Browns? Note: I called them Cleveland.

Also, is this the Other Teams or Other Sports forum? Why would anyone come into a forum titled “Other NFL Teams” to discuss the Cleveland Cavaliers. Further, I have not heard of this team called the Indians? Was there an expansion? Last I saw Ohio only had two NFL teams one in Cleveland and the other in Cincinnati, called the Bengals.

Oh wait, you are talking about a Baseball team! Oh, I must have posted in the “Other Sports” rather than the “Other Teams” forum. Silly me
            You didn't say the Browns! You said 'Cleveland' is where hope goes to die. I'm a Buckeye, and while I like the Broncos I like the city of Cleveland, I like Cincinnati, and Columbus as well. I got a tad off topic, it's happened before on this board I'm sure. Hopefully you don't file a lawsuit.

Comment

Cleveland: A Commitment to Dumpster Fires
              This is exactly the reason why I can't talk Browns football with you. If someone posts anything about the Browns you just chime in with your hate.

I still remember when you were saying how bad it was for Cleveland to trade Trent Richardson because he was their best player lol. How'd he turn out? Is he still in the league?

You talk about this rich Cleveland Browns history but I doubt you ever watched Jim Brown play except maybe on YouTube. I'm not even sure you watched Kosar play.

If you truly believe the Browns are in Baltimore then cool. But there's no need to chime in with the negativity when the adults are trying to have a civilized conversation about the 'Cleveland Browns'!

Comment

You didn't say the Browns! You said 'Cleveland' is where hope goes to die. I'm a Buckeye, and while I like the Broncos I like the city of Cleveland, I like Cincinnati, and Columbus as well. I got a tad off topic, it's happened before on this board I'm sure. Hopefully you don't file a lawsuit.
                I didn’t say the “Browns” because I am not talking about Baltimore. I never call that “team” in Cleveland the “Browns” because they are not them. The Browns are in Baltimore. I call them Cleveland. They are Cleveland. There is no other NFL Team in Cleveland and when I say Cleveland and I post in the “Other NFL Teams” forum I am clearly not talking about the Indians nor the Cavs.

Just as if I post in the Broncos only forum and I say “Denver should fire their Head Coach” I am clearly not talking about the Rockies nor the Nuggets.

Comment

I didn’t say the “Browns” because I am not talking about Baltimore. I never call that “team” in Cleveland the “Browns” because they are not them. The Browns are in Baltimore. I call them Cleveland. They are Cleveland. There is no other NFL Team in Cleveland and when I say Cleveland and I post in the “Other NFL Teams” forum I am clearly not talking about the Indians nor the Cavs.

Just as if I post in the Broncos only forum and I say “Denver should fire their Head Coach” I am clearly not talking about the Rockies nor the Nuggets.
                  You can hide behind the fact that I brought up the Cavs, or Indians. Yes I got off topic, but it doesn't change the fact.

No matter what you say I believe that the Cleveland Brown's are located in Cleveland Ohio! The Baltimore Ravens are located in Baltimore Maryland!

When the Browns were re-located Jim Brown's records or stats didn't go to Baltimore nor did any other Cleveland Browns stat or record. The only difference is the players that are in the uniforms. The win/loss record doesn't change the fact that the Cleveland Browns are located in Cleveland Ohio.

You can call them imposters, a dumpster fire or whatever you'd like, but they are still the Cleveland Browns! No matter the owner, the GM, the QB or the win loss record.

If you can’t be with the team at their worst then you definitely don’t deserve to be there at their best.

I just don't understand why you even bother if you feel the way you do about the 'imposters".

Comment

You can hide behind the fact that I brought up the Cavs, or Indians. Yes I got off topic, but it doesn't change the fact.

No matter what you say I believe that the Cleveland Brown's are located in Cleveland Ohio! The Baltimore Ravens are located in Baltimore Maryland!

When the Browns were re-located Jim Brown's records or stats didn't go to Baltimore nor did any other Cleveland Browns stat or record. The only difference is the players that are in the uniforms. The win/loss record doesn't change the fact that the Cleveland Browns are located in Cleveland Ohio.

You can call them imposters, a dumpster fire or whatever you'd like, but they are still the Cleveland Browns! No matter the owner, the GM, the QB or the win loss record.

If you can’t be with the team at their worst then you definitely don’t deserve to be there at their best.

I just don't understand why you even bother if you feel the way you do about the 'imposters".
                    The team that Jim Brown played for, the team Kosar played for, the team all those people you are talking about moved away. They did not play for the team currently in Cleveland, they played for the team that now resides in Baltimore.

The team in Baltimore is as much the Cleveland Browns as the Tennessee Titans are the Oilers. The Titans were the Oilers and just changed their name just as the team in Baltimore did. The team in Cleveland is as much the Browns as the Texans are the Oilers or alternatively; they are as much the Browns as the Houston Texans are the Dallas Texans. You don’t see anyone talking about Warren Moon taking the Texans to the playoffs because they didn’t exist - just as the team in Cleveland did not exist.

The team in Cleveland began play in 1999. They are an imitation, a cheap knock-off. Calling them the name that you do does not change the fact that they are a knock-off. That winning record, those jerseys, they all packed up and decided to move to Baltimore. Calling the team in Cleveland anything other than a dumpster fire gives them legitimacy when there is nothing legitimate about them. They are a dumpster fire and anyone that goes to them whether a coach, owner, or a player all find themselves on the unemployment line with whatever reputation they may have had in tatters. So, yes, that team is where hope goes to die.

The sooner people accept that and stop playing pretend is the day people can move on. It’s the stages of grief and the NFL and Cleveland have refused to get past the “denial” phase. People refuse to get beyond what Modell did and are living a delusion. Modell did relocate the team. The team in Cleveland was an expansion team - a brand new team. A team that has nothing to do with the real Browns and only took the name. They have NEVER won a playoff game. They have NEVER played the Broncos in a postseason game and they have NEVER won an NFL title. They have only one playoff appearance and that single appearance was a loss to Pittsburgh. They also have ZERO Hall of Fame players until the day that Joe Thomas becomes a HOFer.
                    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 12-09-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Let's steer back to the topic of the Brown's upcoming draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                        Let's steer back to the topic of the Brown's upcoming draft.
                        Thank you
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                          Let's steer back to the topic of Cleveland’s upcoming draft.
                          I expect their draft to be exactly as their drafts have been in their entire history - a complete unmitigated disaster. I expect the QB they draft to live up to the expectations of their most successful QB’s: Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel, and DeShone Kiser.

I expect the QB to win 3-4 games over a span of 1 or two years and to be out of the NFL by his third season.

Comment

I expect their draft to be exactly as their drafts have been in their entire history - a complete unmitigated disaster. I expect the QB they draft to live up to the expectations of their most successful QB’s: Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel, and DeShone Kiser.

I expect the QB to win 3-4 games over a span of 1 or two years and to be out of the NFL by his third season.
                            Cleveland are clearly going in the right direction despite of their record, they are putting together a good roster. They remind me of the Jags last season who were really competitive almost every week but went 3-13, you could see the following season they would put it together.

I don't know enough about the college QB's, but IF there is a franchise one there at pick 1 then the Browns will be in a great position going forward.

Comment

Working...
                            X