Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspend Gronk or Not to Suspend Gronk....that is the question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspend Gronk or Not to Suspend Gronk....that is the question....

So I watched the video below and it got me thinking of two things.

1. It confirmed a little bit about what I had said in a few other threads about the Crabtree vs. Talib fight

2. It got me thinking about how the NFL has an opportunity here to prove that they truly care about player safety....

So now to the question....should the NFL suspend Gronk....yes or no and why?

I say yes and I think it should be for two games. What he did was blatant and dangerous.

Rob Gronkowski - TE - Patriots

NFL suspended Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski one game for violating the league's player-safety policy.

It's the expected, and deserved, outcome after Gronk's illegal Sunday hit left Bills CB Tre'Davious White with a concussion. Gronk was arguably lucky to escape with only a one-game ban. Although both Gronk and coach Bill Belichick expressed remorse after the game, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Gronk will appeal the suspension. If it's unsuccessful, he will miss next Monday's game against the Dolphins, or as fantasy owners call it, the first week of the playoffs. Gronk can return for Week 15 against the Steelers. Dwayne Allen will get the start in Gronk's absence, but won't be more than a wheezing TE2 for fantasy purposes.

Source: Field Yates on Twitter

Dec 4 - 3:20 PM
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN_zd9ZXMAUYam4?format=jpg&name=large
    BCMB Div I | BCMB FF Smackdown

Comment

Appealing what ?

Very lucky its only one game. God I hope the Steelers beat them

Comment

I was going to say that it should be more than a game. It was ugly, it was not spontaneous.... rather delayed, and could have easily injured the player.

Comment

Send him to the pit of misery!

Dilly Dilly!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
            Send him to the pit of misery!

Dilly Dilly!
            You mean to the Broncos? That’s just cruel and unusual punishment.
            sigpic

Comment

It's probably one of the most cringy things to see in football outside of someone damn near being paralyzed or actually being paralyzed.

I think he only got one game because he isn't a repeat offended. If Vontez did that, he might get suspended the remainder of the year or worst.

Frankly they still should have gave Gronk a ban for the remainder of the season, including playoffs, while also hitting him with a fine.

You can't do what he did. It wasn't some bang bang play where the replay makes it look worst.

It was premeditated violence out of anger that could have ended someone career.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I guess peel back block and helmet to helmet contact is the same thing as assault now. That's gunna look good on the ole resume for the league office.

Comment

In my opinion I think this should have been a delayed suspension. This hit had NO place on the football field and it was timed and was intentional. The weight differential ALONE is a major risk.

IMO - I would have wanted to see a delayed suspension so that Gronk missed the first game of the play-offs If this was only to be a one game suspension. To me the severity of the punishment did not match the potential severity of what he did.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    It's probably one of the most cringy things to see in football outside of someone damn near being paralyzed or actually being paralyzed.

I think he only got one game because he isn't a repeat offended. If Vontez did that, he might get suspended the remainder of the year or worst.

Frankly they still should have gave Gronk a ban for the remainder of the season, including playoffs, while also hitting him with a fine.

You can't do what he did. It wasn't some bang bang play where the replay makes it look worst.

It was premeditated violence out of anger that could have ended someone career.
                    If you're going to be honest it could have been mush worse then even that. That hit could have been life altering for that other player. The dude could have been paralyzed if the hit was angled differently or he was not in as good of shape as he is/was.

Comment

Working...
                    X