Browns, what would YOU do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns, what would YOU do?

Ok. So let me start by saying the following.
    After the NFC playoff game tonight, I got a clip of local news. Was about the Cleveland Browns. It was an interview of j.t barret, and pretty much was a showcase of how much he wanted to play for any team, and talked about the possibility of playing for another Ohio team, specifically the Cleveland Browns.

This got me thinking, what I'd do if I was the guy who made football operations, oriented descions.
    Signed/scouted draft players, and F.A's .

And wondered what a lot of you would do as well.

So say your in charge up in Cleveland.
    Your on the clock #1 & #4(?).
    What would

All I know, is I'd stay away from a first Rd QB.
    I've had 0 hits on those, in what seems forever.

After watching that clip. I'm sold. I want JT.B on my squad, back-up, starter, it doesn't matter. My fans would be happy, as we've watched him, and grown attached during his time at our beloved Ohio State U ( lets be real here, that's Ohio's most successful sports team, in last last.... forever.... ) and the dude would be happy to play for cleveland. Its his pefered spot, but said he'd be happy to go anywhere(who wouldn't be).
    I'd get him late. Late as possible. 3rd (MAYBE) 4th and beyond, just don't reach for him is what I'm thinking. There's no risk. He can compete with the 2nd year guy Kizer ( who doesn't look all that good )
    He's had good success for the place I'm picking. Low expectations. High reward.

Now as of my #1 ovr pick. We can't keep drafting 1st rd QB's every single year.
    I'd trade back. ( #5 is a great spot, don't go to far back and can still get a blue chip, and I could make back-to-back selections )

Personally, I'd build the trenches. Get a top OL guy & then the top DL guy. Now of course that'll depend on my teams needs rather it be OTs, OGs, or a C, or DEs or a DT( and I have no idea what their team needs are, cause you know. Ima broncos fan. Thank you sweet baby jesus )
    You get a piece opposite of Joe Thomas, you get somebody opposite of Myles Garret.

So. Hit me.
    How does Bronco Country go about with fixing the Cleveland Browns?

Also, if this is in the wrong place, I apologize. Placed here cause of draft related.

If I'm the Browns I trade the #1 for the max value that I could get and hold onto #4 and grab Barkley or Best OL/DL on my board

Comment

If I'm the Browns I offer my second rounder for Alex Smith and take Barkley and Fitzpatrick. Use the available money to add to both lines.

If they do consider a route similar to this, they are in great shape to trade away that #1 and still target these two guys.

Comment

Trade for Alex, draft Darnold at 1, and Barkley at 4.

Comment

Salary Cap Space: $110,849,880
          Sign QB Kirk Cousins
          Sign CB Malcolm Butler
          Sign DE Demarcus Lawrence

Auction off the #1 pick trading back no further than the #10 pick.
          #4: RB Saquon Barkley
          #5-#10: LB Roquon Smith
          Trade up from #33 into mid 1st Draft OT Williams/ Brown/ McGlinchey
          #35: WR Christian Kirk
          "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
            Salary Cap Space: $110,849,880
            Sign QB Kirk Cousins
            Sign CB Malcolm Butler
            Sign DE Demarcus Lawrence

Auction off the #1 pick trading back no further than the #10 pick.
            #4: RB Saquon Barkley
            #5-#10: LB Roquon Smith
            Trade up from #33 into mid 1st Draft OT Williams/ Brown/ McGlinchey
            #35: WR Christian Kirk
            FWIW, Cousins said this week he's not gonna go where the money is. He wants to go to the right situation in terms of winning among other stuff. Alex seems more likely than Cousins in said scenario.

Comment

DeShone Kizer to me looked exactly like we should have all expected. He was a young QB who wasn't quite ready and should have stayed in school. Despite massive mismanagement and attempts to stunt his growth by his HC, Kizer still took strides throughout the season. Yes Kizer struggled at times most notably in the redzone, but he has the tools. He should have stayed in college, but he didn't, instead he got to start 15 games in the NFL. What a better way to improve than actual playing time?

Kizer has all the physical tools and I mean ALL of them. His HC and offensive scheme were absolutely miserable this year and was constantly swimming up stream. He just turned 22 and just took the beating of his life during his rookie season. Kid stood tall all year and fought through injuries, including re-entering a game after a massive hit and rib injury. Kid has the toughness and I expect him to get only physically and mentally tougher as his career grows.

We know CLE is the pit of misery for NFL QBs. I would be so disappointed if they gave up in Kizer. IMO they should trade out of 1, take Barkley at 4 and continue to build their roster with the massive amount of picks they have accumulated. Don't spend money on a FA QB, let Kizer continue to grow.

If Cleveland takes Rosen/Darnold and decides to part ways with Kizer, the Broncos or any other NFL team would be lucky as hell to get a lottery ticket like DeShone Kizer.

Comment

Trade for smith becuase he ain’t going there willingly. Secure Barkley with the #1 pick and draft either Rosen darnold or Allen at #4 since they are guaranteed to get one of them. Overpaying in free agency is gonna have to happen but big money 3 year deals to guys like Jarvis Landry and get either trumaine Johnson or Malcom butler and give DeMarcus Lawrence and offer he can’t refuse. See about getting talib for a late round pick from the broncos that will give you another corner to temporarily fill a hole. Use extra second and third round picks to jump back into the first and pick up Sutton or Ridley most mocks have them falling to the 20’s.

Your offense now consist of smith Barkley a wr trio of Landry Gordon and a top we prospect plus you have two young tight ends devalve and njoku and they can take thier time with thier franchise QB. Defensive asditions of two good corners and a top pass rusher that team should be competitive if all that were to happen.

Comment

If I'm the Browns, I trade that #1 pick in the blink of an eye. The Jets would be all over it and the Browns would possibly be able get the Jets to overpay. The Browns would then own the #4 and #6 pick.

At 4 the Browns should then take Barkley, if he is still there, or Chubb if Barkley is gone. At 6 the Browns could then take either Fitzpatrick or Ridley.
                  Denver Broncos
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks
                  Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248
                    Nah i believe him, Kirk isnt a guy thats about the money.

I dont see him going to the Browns because of money, this is the same guy who still drives the same car from college.
                    When Bruce Allen released this statement, I knew Kirk was gone.

He's looking for the right fit, it's always been about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
                      When Bruce Allen released this statement, I knew Kirk was gone.

He's looking for the right fit, it's always been about that.
                      There's been lots of whispers that Kirk doesnt like the Skins FO, so we'll see what happens.

Only chance Broncos have is if he's a UFA with no tags attached.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        FWIW, Cousins said this week he's not gonna go where the money is. He wants to go to the right situation in terms of winning among other stuff. Alex seems more likely than Cousins in said scenario.
                        So much for us then =\

Only chance is if Shanahan talks him into it, or if he saw what Elway did with Peyton and thinks a similar thing could happen here. I'd think the Bills or Vikings would be more attractive targets since both of them made the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                          So much for us then =\

Only chance is if Shanahan talks him into it, or if he saw what Elway did with Peyton and thinks a similar thing could happen here. I'd think the Bills or Vikings would be more attractive targets since both of them made the playoffs.
                          I would assume that the Vikings would stay somewhere in house.

Comment

What I've seen from past drafts is that Cleveland traded their high 1st-round picks for a bunch of lower picks that turned into garbage, acquiring players that won't turn the franchise around. During that process, they passed on franchise QBs. Philadelphia got Wentz and Tennessee got Jack Conklin, while Cleveland traded down twice to get Corey Coleman, a bust who's been useless for them. In 2017, Houston got Watson while Cleveland traded down to get Jabrill Peppers.

So, if I'm Cleveland, the priority is to keep picks #1 and #4 and get the best players available. Get two superstars to uplift the roster. They already tried getting a bunch of picks, they already drafted a bunch of junk and the result was 0-16.

Adding a free-agent QB is their quickest path to become competitive, just like the Broncos. If they can add a QB like Cousins or Alex Smith, I don't expect them to take a QB in the 1st round. Cousins is under 30 and Smith might still have 4, 5 years in the NFL.

At that point, I'd consider taking Saquon Barkley at #1, a dominant player at a key position that has not been a strength for them, then Bradley Chubb at #4, the premier edge rusher from this class to create a potent pass rush with Myles Garrett. However, there is a good chance the Colts take either Barkley or Chubb at #3 if they don't trade down.
                            sigpic

Comment

So, how do I fix Cleveland?

#1. Relinquish the team name and history retroactively to 1995
                              #2. Retire the team name (like the Oilers)
                              #3. Change the team name
                              #4. Who cares what else you do. You aren’t the Browns and you are no longer tarnishing the team and its history.
                              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
                              X