McDaniels to Indy? Not so fast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDaniels to Indy? Not so fast.

The Andrew Luck pipe dream to Denvers over now....

The Indianapolis Colts intend to hire Josh McDaniels as their head coach after Super Bowl LII, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Luck was never going anywhere.

Has anyone from the BB tree been a success as a HC ? The simple fact for NE coaches, including BB, is that with Brady behind center they have a big advantage over other teams.

Comment

Good luck Andrew Luck
      sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
      Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
      PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

I wouldn't say the dream is over. If it's like last time, the first thing McDaniels will do I make Luck so mad he won't ever step on the field for him lol
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
          I wouldn't say the dream is over. If it's like last time, the first thing McDaniels will do I make Luck so mad he won't ever step on the field for him lol
          McDaniels wouldnt take that job without Luck being there. And two, McDaniels wont be GM this time around. I'm sure he may have some say in offensive personell but he's not trading a top 3 QB in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            McDaniels wouldnt take that job without Luck being there. And two, McDaniels wont be GM this time around. I'm sure he may have some say in offensive personell but he's not trading a top 3 QB in his prime.
            Luck isn't a top 3 QB.
            sigpic

Comment

I've said it many times. McDaniels is one of this generations greatest offensive minded coaches.

He will succeed in indy because of his mistakes in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                I've said it many times. McDaniels is one of this generations greatest offensive minded coaches.

I agree. I think he will find success in Indy and, partially due to his history with us, they will be one of our bigger rivals going forward. Especially once Brady retires.

I could see Luck and McDaniels being a dangerous duo.

Comment

Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post
                  Good luck Andrew Luck
                  For all the things McD has done wrong, I think he is capable of getting the most out of QBs and putting them in positions to succeed...

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    I agree. I think he will find success in Indy and, partially due to his history with us, they will be one of our bigger rivals going forward. Especially once Brady retires.

I could see Luck and McDaniels being a dangerous duo.
                    We won’t be a rival to anyone until we get a real coach. We are a doormat currently and McDaniels will have Indy’s offense humming right off the bat. Elway made a huge mistake hiring Joseph and promoting Woods, and made an even bigger mistake keeping them.

Comment

Really? In Super Bowl XLII the Giants couldn't cover Randy Moss, but New England's Offensive Tackles couldn't block New York's Ends. They sacked Brady five times and knocked him down and hurried him other times. Quick solution is to either go tight or help those Tackles with a TE on one side and a Back on the other. It was an obvious adjustment that McDaniels didn't make. Not impressed. He didn't help Brady. It cost them the game.

Also, none of the coaches in Belichick's tree have succeeded as NFL Head Coaches. There's a first time for everything, but I'll be surprised if it will be either him or Patricia. Neither will have Brady, or Belichick telling them what to do.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        For all the things McD has done wrong, I think he is capable of getting the most out of QBs and putting them in positions to succeed...
                        Do you mean QBs named Tom Brady?

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Really? In Super Bowl XLII the Giants couldn't cover Randy Moss, but New England's Offensive Tackles couldn't block New York's Ends. They sacked Brady five times and knocked him down and hurried him other times. Quick solution is to either go tight or help those Tackles with a TE on one side and a Back on the other. It was an obvious adjustment that McDaniels didn't make. Not impressed. He didn't help Brady. It cost them the game.

Also, none of the coaches in Belichick's tree have succeeded as NFL Head Coaches. There's a first time for everything, but I'll be surprised if it will be either him or Patricia. Neither will have Brady, or Belichick telling them what to do.
                          I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you on this. Only pointing out that an example from a decade ago doesn’t seem fair. As you say, you either get worse, stay the same, or get better. So, there is a chance he has learned from something 10 years ago at the age of 31.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                            I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you on this. Only pointing out that an example from a decade ago doesn’t seem fair. As you say, you either get worse, stay the same, or get better. So, there is a chance he has learned from something 10 years ago at the age of 31.
                            Sure. It's a chance Jim Irsay, who is known for his good judgement, is taking. BTW, just a bit of trivia, it was nine years ago and he was 33 when he became Denver HC. During that time, I hope Josh McDaniels has learned enough people skills not to scream at his assistants on the sideline during games. Gotta be careful in domes; acoustics.

Comment

I think he will do well too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X