• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadez
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
    10 teams will be on the phone tomorrow to the Eagles asking for a trade for Foles.
    10? I think it will be more than that.

Pretty sure Browns will offer 4th overall. Pretty sure least one team, probably more, will offer a deal like we saw for RG3 draft pick or Wentz draft pick.

I do not think Philly will pull the trigger unless Foles pushes for it but considering Foles story I do not think he will push for it. He was ready to quit football because of what FIsher and the Rams put him through....if he gets traded he will probably go through that again.

Or he can stay with a good team, with good coaches and enjoy a job that pays millions of dollars of year.
    What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
    effort x talent = skill
    effort x skill = achievement
    How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• dizzolve
      Orange Rush
      • Mar 2009

Loser, Tom Brady

......... try it - it's fun

go ahead and say it aloud
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• broncoslover115
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2012

Sore loser Brady walks off the field without shaking hands with his opponents. He, BB, the team and their fans are totally arrogant, entitled and classless. Arrogant and entitled in their wins, poor sportsman and sore losers in their losses.

I had a Pats fan tell me before the game that they usually win close games and that they were gonna win in a blowout and deserved a blowout win.

I said why do you DESERVE a blowout? He said because we just do. We've never had one. I said you DESERVE nothing. You earn it. Or are you talking about the gifts you get from the refs that usually swing the game in your favor. Is that what you think you DESERVE?

I walked away.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• ELWAY421
          Football Immortal
          • Dec 2007

The Pats weren't the same Pats of the past. The AFC was just that weak this year!

Comment

• johntbronco
            DaCap Man!
            • Jan 2013

Wow! That was a great game to watch! And...the result came out like I wanted to!

Comment

• SkyFlash1
              Bench Warmer
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
              Excellent!! Can you do one with Brady's fumble?

Really an awesome game and I'm glad the refs didn't "fix" it. Congrats to the Eagles. I saw nothing wrong with the two TD calls, especially the second. How many steps does a receiver have to take after the catch before he's a runner? Holy smokes. And not a whiff of a mention of DPI on that interception? I mean, just because you're looking back for the ball it doesn't mean you hold the receiver's arm down.
              Last edited by SkyFlash1; 02-05-2018, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• GMTD
                Football Immortal
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                Sore loser Brady walks off the field without shaking hands with his opponents. He, BB, the team and their fans are totally arrogant, entitled and classless. Arrogant and entitled in their wins, poor sportsman and sore losers in their losses.

I had a Pats fan tell me before the game that they usually win close games and that they were gonna win in a blowout and deserved a blowout win.

I said why do you DESERVE a blowout? He said because we just do. We've never had one. I said you DESERVE nothing. You earn it. Or are you talking about the gifts you get from the refs that usually swing the game in your favor. Is that what you think you DESERVE?

I walked away.
                I don't understand why Brady did that. He had an amazing game. 505 yards, 3TDs, 0 INTs. I get he's disappointed his team lost. I get that he hates losing. I get that it might have been his last SB, particularly with McD and MP leaving, and possibly also BB calling it a day. But Foles and the Eagles deserved better.

I recall Brady and BB saluting Peyton after we beat them in the AFCCG in 2015. Congratulating Manning and ignoring Foles suggests the Pats thought the Eagles and their "reserve" QB to be beneath them. Your conversation with Pats' fans suggests the same. That's really dispiriting.

Comment

• Rastic
                  Modulated
                  • Oct 2013

I walked away.
                  Bl, time to turn that frown upside down!

Malcolm Butler played only one ST snap and didn't play a single defensive snap yet the deserving Patriots' defense was gashed time and again. How about try some other personnel to see if that help.... nah, we "made the decisions that give us the best chance to win." Un-hunh. Butler, no doubt, has raised a few glasses in BB's honor.

Then the delicious part, BB and Brady were defeated by the up and coming, former 1st round (2nd overall) from North Dakota... oh, wait, that's right... Nick Foles the backup who bounced around the league the past number of seasons, almost quitting at one time - that Nick Foles, the now SB MVP Nick Foles, whom Belichick and Patricia canonized last night as St. Nick.

Belichick: On to retirement!

Still though, it was a great game, right up there with the '99 Rams / Titans in SB 34 - both teams hanging in there, down to the wire. But this time the team that should have won did.

Comment

• samparnell
                    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    Without a doubt. What a great story.
                    After Carson Wentz was injured at L.A. and put on IR, Foles wasn't that impressive. In the last game of the season, against the Cowboys, he played so badly he was benched, and Nate Sudfeld had a better performance.

In the Wild Card Round, the Falcons travelled to the West Coast and decisively defeated the Rams. They looked like a legitimate threat to return to the Super Bowl. They lost in Philly to the Eagles who overcame two giveaways in a weird game in which their rookie PK missed an XPA, but connected on three FGA including a 53 yarder.

In the NFCCG, Philly dominated the Vikings and routed them 38-7 while the Pats had to eke out a win over the Jags in the AFCCG by coming back in the 4th quarter to score with 2:56 left.

Who would have thought that the Eagles, with their backup QB, would defeat NE in a shootout by outscoring the Pats 41-33, a game in which Brady passed for 500 yards and three TDs?

The New England Patriots were outcoached and outplayed. Nice work, Philly. Is the party still going on? I bet it is.
                    Last edited by samparnell; 02-05-2018, 12:14 PM. Reason: typo
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• samparnell
                      Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                      • Nov 2007

I walked away.
                      It's not the first time he's done that.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Bronco51
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2005

I walked away.
                        Contrast that with Pederson telling his players after the game that they played a great team and when interviewed, they are to be complimentary. Pure class.

Comment

• CanDB
                          Football Immortal
                          • Mar 2008

I walked away.
                          J....I missed that....Brady not shaking hands. If so he is the biggest baby of all time. He is a diva, and needs to be loved. And after all his success he does not stop to show respect to Foles and all the other good Eagles...what a baby!! It's no wonder so many of us do not like him or his grumpy boss!!

Comment

• L.M.
                            Vitalstatistix
                            • Oct 2006

I walked away.
                            You should have maced him.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• broncoslover115
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                              You should have maced him.
                              Why didn't i think of that? Darn!!
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Sophia23
                                RIP #88
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                                what a fantastic SB!! Love that Brady missed that and the Eagles pulled off that same play pretty much for a TD...

i happen to like Foles and was happy to see him get a ring. I can't imagine him leaving Philli, but bet he gets some offers.... the only thing i don't like about Foles is how long he holds on to the ball ... if he does go somewhere else, they would have to have a very good offensive line to protect him and give him time or he would struggle i think. Awesome that the Eagles got their ring, what was better was to see the Patriots lose.

I was reading through this thread...didn't see that Brady didn't shake hands or anything ... kind of a sore loser ..... i remember before the game he said they knew exactly what to expect from the Eagles... haha apparently they didn't or they wouldn't have let them put up so many points.

Great game though ...... my only complaint is that I can't stand Chris and Al... felt like muting them half the time.... they both irritate me. If only Romo could have been in the booth ... so much prefer that he doesn't seem to be going for or against any one team the whole time he announces.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                                Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                                Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                                Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X