Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The NFC Looks Powerful!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The NFC Looks Powerful!

    Late in the season, some of us saw it coming. The Pats got the win in Pittsburgh, giving them home field advantage for the playoffs, and likely on to The SB. Not enough competition, especially at home. Ben could not win on the road, The Jags D was really good but question marks with their QB....and all the others were wannabes. Easy road for a strong Pats team.

    On the other hand, we knew that the real hope was in The NFC. They could beat The Pats....and they did. Not easily, but they deserved the win.

    But that group of potential NFC representatives was very strong, and by the looks of things, might be stronger next year. Lets look at some of the teams:
    1) The Eagles are champs....but wait, their MVP type, young QB - Carson Wentz, will be back, and possibly even better. And yes, with Foles on the roster, they are set. Strong O, fairly strong D, good coaching!
    2) The Vikings are a team to watch out for. They have great balance on O and D, and they did so without Dalvin Cook for most of the season. They have QB options, and some say they are interested in Cousins. This team should be strong for many years!
    3) The Saints - as long as Brees is mobile, they have a chance. Amazing O, with Kamara making a leap into stardom. And yes, they finally have a D with some pop. Players like Lattimore and Jordan are pro bowl caliber.
    4) The Rams - there is little not to like about this team's future. My goodness, Gurley, Goff, Donald....to name a few. And I like their HC. He seems young, enthusiastic and smart! Now that they have had a taste, watch them progress!
    5) The Panthers - gotta like this team. Solid D with Kuechly and Davis, and sometimes powerful O if Cam gets it together. Gotta luv McCaffrey!
    6) The Falcons - still not sure how they lost last year??? Such a strong O when running on all cylinders! Their D needs some help.
    7) The Seahawks - though I think they are showing signs of age/injury on D, they still pack a load...and Wilson is game changer. Could use some help on the Oline.
    8) The Cowboys - not a fan, but a whole season with Zeke, and a comeback season by Dak could spell success. They still have a great Oline. Not sure about their D.
    9) The Pack - never say no to a healthy ARod!

    As for The AFC.....The Pats will still be tough, but I sense a decline coming, minus their 2 Coordinators, a 40 plus QB and a TE with too many injuries. The Jags could go wild with a decent QB performance. Maybe KC, if Mahomes is ready. And just maybe The Raiders will get a lift with Gruden. But overall, not nearly as strong as The NFC!

    And then there's The Broncos.....I still say that, with some serious O upgrades, we have a shot.

  • #2
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Late in the season, some of us saw it coming. The Pats got the win in Pittsburgh, giving them home field advantage for the playoffs, and likely on to The SB. Not enough competition, especially at home. Ben could not win on the road, The Jags D was really good but question marks with their QB....and all the others were wannabes. Easy road for a strong Pats team.

    On the other hand, we knew that the real hope was in The NFC. They could beat The Pats....and they did. Not easily, but they deserved the win.

    But that group of potential NFC representatives was very strong, and by the looks of things, might be stronger next year. Lets look at some of the teams:
    1) The Eagles are champs....but wait, their MVP type, young QB - Carson Wentz, will be back, and possibly even better. And yes, with Foles on the roster, they are set. Strong O, fairly strong D, good coaching!
    2) The Vikings are a team to watch out for. They have great balance on O and D, and they did so without Dalvin Cook for most of the season. They have QB options, and some say they are interested in Cousins. This team should be strong for many years!
    3) The Saints - as long as Brees is mobile, they have a chance. Amazing O, with Kamara making a leap into stardom. And yes, they finally have a D with some pop. Players like Lattimore and Jordan are pro bowl caliber.
    4) The Rams - there is little not to like about this team's future. My goodness, Gurley, Goff, Donald....to name a few. And I like their HC. He seems young, enthusiastic and smart! Now that they have had a taste, watch them progress!
    5) The Panthers - gotta like this team. Solid D with Kuechly and Davis, and sometimes powerful O if Cam gets it together. Gotta luv McCaffrey!
    6) The Falcons - still not sure how they lost last year??? Such a strong O when running on all cylinders! Their D needs some help.
    7) The Seahawks - though I think they are showing signs of age/injury on D, they still pack a load...and Wilson is game changer. Could use some help on the Oline.
    8) The Cowboys - not a fan, but a whole season with Zeke, and a comeback season by Dak could spell success. They still have a great Oline. Not sure about their D.
    9) The Pack - never say no to a healthy ARod!

    As for The AFC.....The Pats will still be tough, but I sense a decline coming, minus their 2 Coordinators, a 40 plus QB and a TE with too many injuries. The Jags could go wild with a decent QB performance. Maybe KC, if Mahomes is ready. And just maybe The Raiders will get a lift with Gruden. But overall, not nearly as strong as The NFC!

    And then there's The Broncos.....I still say that, with some serious O upgrades, we have a shot.
    Now that free agency and the draft are in the books does that change your NFC outlook? I think the Seahawks and Cowboys have done very little in the off season while my Bears have had a great one.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
      Now that free agency and the draft are in the books does that change your NFC outlook? I think the Seahawks and Cowboys have done very little in the off season while my Bears have had a great one.
      Thx for taking a peak! As I reread my post, I see a lot of changes that could be discussed.

      I'll start with The NFC, and then get back to The Broncos...

      I still think the NFC is loaded! Philly will be really good. The Vikes landed Cousins, and this on a team that is already solid. The Saints with a healthy Brees and continued stellar play by Kamara, will be tough, given they have a decent D. The Rams made a number of acquisitions. Still not sure how to defend Donald and Suh!! They could be the best by year end. Still like The Panthers, and The Falcons have a shot with a resurgence of their once powerful O. And I never say no to ARod, and some nice draft picks at CB and some receiving help.

      But I no longer believe in Seattle, as they were decimated over the offseason. As for Dallas....do they have enough weapons on O these days, because they were not a strong overall team prior to the offseason. Zeke and Dak need some receiver help.

      And before you know, teams like San Fran will be there. In fact, I can see them making the playoffs as early as this season. As for your Bears, I do see them on a good path. Might take a couple of years.

      As for The Broncos....nice offseason. Keenum is an upgrade, and the draft might present 3 or more starters. Chubb is clearly a dream pick and should give our D a nice bump, given it tailed off a little, thanks to a lack of O to keep them off the field. But by going big on D with our first pick, it allowed us to go big on O with good selections at RB and WR. Couple of things to watch....did we do enough to help our Oline, and will our DBack changes result in overall quality performance.
      Last edited by CanDB; 05-06-2018, 12:25 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Now the Panthers have a legit bell cow in CJ

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Thx for taking a peak! As I reread my post, I see a lot of changes that could be discussed.

          I'll start with The NFC, and then get back to The Broncos...

          I still think the NFC is loaded! Philly will be really good. The Vikes landed Cousins, and this on a team that is already solid. The Saints with a healthy Brees and continued stellar play by Kamara, will be tough, given they have a decent D. The Rams made a number of acquisitions. Still not sure how to defend Donald and Suh!! They could be the best by year end. Still like The Panthers, and The Falcons have a shot with a resurgence of their once powerful O. And I never say no to ARod, and some nice draft picks at CB and some receiving help.

          But I no longer believe in Seattle, as they were decimated over the offseason. As for Dallas....do they have enough weapons on O these days, because they were not a strong overall team prior to the offseason. Zeke and Dak need some receiver help.

          And before you know, teams like San Fran will be there. In fact, I can see them making the playoffs as early as this season. As for your Bears, I do see them on a good path. Might take a couple of years.

          As for The Broncos....nice offseason. Keenum is an upgrade, and the draft might present 3 or more starters. Chubb is clearly a dream pick and should give our D a nice bump, given it tailed off a little, thanks to a lack of O to keep them off the field. But by going big on D with our first pick, it allowed us to go big on O with good selections at RB and WR. Couple of things to watch....did we do enough to help our Oline, and will our DBack changes result in overall quality performance.
          Let me start with the Bronco's. Like you said a nice off season though you still look to be a third place team on paper. D is the strength of the Broncos and Chubb will only upgrade that tough defense. Only question I see is how well will they replace Talib. On offense I see a redshirt rookie TE Jake Butt plus 2018 rookies Sutton and Freeman starting, and that's tough to relay on that many rookies to come through from one unit. OL is still a work in progress. Your season may come down to Case Keenum.............is he a one year wonder or a late bloomer. After he kicked our ass twice last year Case kind of reminded me of Jeff Garcia when he was with SF. If that' the case you have chosen well.

          Now my quick rundown of the NFC.

          NFC North
          1. Vikings. NFC's best D. Two questions on O, OL and can Cousins ever win a big game.
          2. Packers. Rogers the best QB in the NFL. Is he even good enough to overcome such a bad D.
          3.Bears. Top 10 defense and got even better with Smith. On O it is all about the development of Trubisky now that has a lot of new weapons to play with.
          4.Lions. Stafford and a lot of questions on both sides of the ball. Have not done much this off season.
          NFC South
          1. Falcons. Could be the NFC's best offense. Solid OL and who has more weapons to work with than Matt Ryan. D very fast and very underrated.
          2.Panthers. Upgraded offense for Cam. On D a very good front seven but a weak secondary.
          3. Saints. O is still outstanding around Brees. D still has a few holes to fill. Davenport very raw, will take time to develop.
          4. Bucs. Winston is still inconsistent, which makes for an average O. D very good front seven but secondary sucks.
          NFC East
          1. Eagles. Good enough to repeat as Champs. All that needs to be said.
          2. Giants. Best player in the draft for a improved O. Very solid D.
          3. Cowboys. Elliot is back but O will still be lacking without better receivers. D could be better than people think.
          4. Redskins. Snyder still owns the team and they still suck.
          NFC West
          1. Rams. O was good last year, with Cooks even better in 2018. D star players on DL and in secondary. Wade is only lacking an edge rusher.
          2. Seahawks. O has Wilson, Baldwin, Penny and little else. D still has enough stars left to be very good.
          3. 49'ers. Offense will be very good but defense will give up a lot of yards and points. Will Foster even play this year?
          4. Cards. How long before Bradford's hurt, and a rookie is starting? How long can Fitz play at such a high level? How healthy is Johnson? Will OL suck again? Without Bettcher what will the D look like? Nothing but questions.
          Last edited by bears6385; 05-08-2018, 02:43 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
            Let me start with the Bronco's. Like you said a nice off season though you still look to be a third place team on paper. D is the strength of the Broncos and Chubb will only upgrade that tough defense. Only question I see is how well will they replace Talib. On offense I see a redshirt rookie TE Jake Butt plus 2018 rookies Sutton and Freeman starting, and that's tough to relay on that many rookies to come through from one unit. OL is still a work in progress. Your season may come down to Case Keenum.............is he a one year wonder or a late bloomer. After he kicked our ass twice last year Case kind of reminded me of Jeff Garcia when he was with SF. If that' the case you have chosen well.

            Now my quick rundown of the NFC.

            NFC North
            1. Vikings. NFC's best D. Two questions on O, OL and can Cousins ever win a big game.
            2. Packers. Rogers the best QB in the NFL. Is he even good enough to overcome such a bad D.
            3.Bears. Top 10 defense and got even better with Smith. On O it is all about the development of Trubisky now that has a lot of new weapons to play with.
            4.Lions. Stafford and a lot of questions on both sides of the ball. Have not done much this off season.
            NFC South
            1. Falcons. Could be the NFC's best offense. Solid OL and who has more weapons to work with than Matt Ryan. D very fast and very underrated.
            2.Panthers. Upgraded offense for Cam. On D a very good front seven but a weak secondary.
            3. Saints. O is still outstanding around Brees. D still has a few holes to fill. Davenport very raw, will take time to develop.
            4. Bucs. Winston is still inconsistent, which makes for an average O. D very good front seven but secondary sucks.
            NFC East
            1. Eagles. Good enough to repeat as Champs. All that needs to be said.
            2. Giants. Best player in the draft for a improved O. Very solid D.
            3. Cowboys. Elliot is back but O will still be lacking without better receivers. D could be better than people think.
            4. Redskins. Snyder still owns the team and they still suck.
            NFC West
            1. Rams. O was good last year, with Cooks even better in 2018. D star players on DL and in secondary. Wade is only lacking an edge rusher.
            2. Seahawks. O has Wilson, Baldwin, Penny and little else. D still has enough stars left to be very good.
            3. 49'ers. Offense will be very good but defense will give up a lot of yards and points. Will Foster even play this year?
            4. Cards. How long before Bradford's hurt, and a rookie is starting? How long can Fitz play at such a high level? How healthy is Johnson? Will OL suck again? Without Bettcher what will the D look like? Nothing but questions.
            Interesting discussion. Luckily for The Broncos and AFC that the playoffs do not crossover!!

            Comment

            Working...
            X