Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Wow. That's one way to look at it.

I like second chances. I can't say that I like Manziel but going to the CFL is a good move for him if he really wants to play football and not be a headcase. If he can stay clean and mature the door could open for him in the NFL in the future.
    I just don't think guys his age, change very often
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      I hope that he fails miserably. Even though I HATE 90% of the NFL, I wouldn't wish that nightmare on any team
      So.....how do you really feel?

I have nothing against the guy...he's done dumb things but he is very young and could actually turn his life around. As for 90% of The NFL, you and I are pretty far apart. I love The NFL in spite of its weak spots. I look forward to September because of it (as well as other things that occur that month).

But of course you have your right of opinion. Just see it very different than I.

Comment

I hope that he fails miserably. Even though I HATE 90% of the NFL, I wouldn't wish that nightmare on any team
        You don't think guys in their early to mid 20's change very often? I would wholeheartedly disagree. Most people change from the time they were in their early 20's. A lot of screwups get themselves sorted out. I can think of a group of people I grew up with who went from being immature and irresponsible to mature responsible adults in their mid 20's.

Manziel has seemingly gotten his life back on track, stepped away from his addictions and gotten help with his mental health issues. Now he's taking the long way to try and prove himself to NFL coaches and scouts. He's not asking for an easy way back, he's signed up for 2 years in Canada to prove himself. And since Montreal might be the biggest party town in North America (outside of Vegas), he's got the chance to really prove that he's changed off the field.

Trouble isn't hard to find in Montreal, if he can stay out of trouble there and prove himself on the field then he'll absolutely get the chance to be back in the NFL. And he'll have done it with hard work and determination. Which is something he lacked in his younger years, it would truly prove that he's changed.

Best of luck to him, I'm looking forward to watching the game on Friday. And almost everyone loves someone who fights there way back from defeat.

Comment

Manziel is 25 years old and had some serious personal issues with drugs and alcohol.

Von Miller was in the NFLs drug protocol for quite a while for repeated violations. 2013 looking particularly bad after tried to cheat a urine test at age 24.

Von Miller has come a long way. He's has good people around him mentoring him and caring for him and keeping him accountable. If Manziel can surround himself with such people, he has a good chance to turn a corner and straighten his life out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
            Manziel is 25 years old and had some serious personal issues with drugs and alcohol.

Von Miller was in the NFLs drug protocol for quite a while for repeated violations. 2013 looking particularly bad after tried to cheat a urine test at age 24.

Von Miller has come a long way. He's has good people around him mentoring him and caring for him and keeping him accountable. If Manziel can surround himself with such people, he has a good chance to turn a corner and straighten his life out.
            Exactly! Von Miller has gone from super talent to supper talent / leader, and all in a few years. I actually thought he wanted out of here for a while, but instead took the reins (thx to guys like DeMarcus and Manning) and has never looked back. He is the face of our franchise as a player, and he seems to be still on the road upward as a teammate and mentor.

Comment

Manziel threw 4 INT's and was benched today
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Yes, I watched most of the game and Johnny was not exactly lighting it up, although there were moments, and 1 pic was the fault of the receiver, who messed up on a very creative play by Manziel. Some experts say it is unfair to throw him in so quickly. He needs to better understand opposing Ds.

The idea that anyone can play in The CFL has been disproven over and over again. Johnny F might get the hang of it, but it is not a given that he or any other NFL type will succeed. The list is very long....

Comment

Manziel threw 4 INT's and was benched today
                  There was a meme that said "You can take the player out of Cleveland, but you can't take the Cleveland out of the player". I laughed at that then thought- "Great thing we were able to leave the Cleveland out of the player!!!"
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                    There was a meme that said "You can take the player out of Cleveland, but you can't take the Cleveland out of the player". I laughed at that then thought- "Great thing we were able to leave the Cleveland out of the player!!!"
                    Manziel may never get it, but he showed flashes....as I mentioned, one of the pics negated a really good play on his part, between his scrambling and a quick, creative pass to a back who should have caught the ball.

And lets package everything with the fact that he was rushed into playing, without enough time to learn Ds, etc.....and that Montreal is currently the worst team in The CFL.

Believe me, I am not a Johnny fan, but some folks (not you) like to write off others without considering the total picture.

Hey, lets see if he picks things up in the next few games. if he improves, the criticism is not warranted.

Comment

And today he was banned by the CFL. They told Montreal to release him and notified every other CFL team that they would not register any other contract for him.

Not sure what he did (no one seems willing to say) but whatever it did it got him banned by the league.

Comment

Apparently he was negotiating with that new league in the USA.
                        sigpic

Comment

Rumored he missed mandatory LEAGUE meetings.. Apparently the CDL frowns on you when you miss their mandatory meetings.
                          [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                          Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                            Rumored he missed mandatory LEAGUE meetings.. Apparently the CDL frowns on you when you miss their mandatory meetings.
                            It wasn't League meetings, it was League mandated meetings to do with his personal health, mental health and substance abuse issues. He agreed to take part in them as part of his contract and then started skipping them.

https://3downnation.com/2019/02/28/j...e-cfl-sources/

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                              It wasn't League meetings, it was League mandated meetings to do with his personal health, mental health and substance abuse issues. He agreed to take part in them as part of his contract and then started skipping them.

https://3downnation.com/2019/02/28/j...e-cfl-sources/
                              Just posting what I read....:shrug:
                              [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                              Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

Working...
                              X