X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Coach Firings

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ch-hue-jackson

Browns fire head coach Hue Jackson

Hue Jackson's run of ineptitude in Cleveland is over.

The Browns have fired the head coach, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

Jackson posted a record of 3-36-1 during his time in Cleveland.

Around The NFL will have more on this story shortly.

.................................................. .................................................. ........................................

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...o-plus-seasons

Hue Jackson out as coach of the Cleveland Browns

The Cleveland Browns have fired coach Hue Jackson, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday.

The Browns are 2-5-1 this season, doubling the win total from Jackson's first two seasons with the team. Cleveland was 1-15 in his first season and 0-16 last season.

There were rumblings that the relationship between Jackson and offensive coordinator Todd Haley had deteriorated to the point that a move might have to be made.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 10-29-2018, 09:03 AM.

Was never an if, but a when for Hue. We will likely see 4 or 5 more guys gone.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Yay! Now we can hire him to replace VJ!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
        Yay! Now we can hire him to replace VJ!
        I'd rather keep VJ. He's decent OC, but one of the worst HC's of the last 30 years.
        #swapping

Comment

Haley is Dorsey's guy. This was inevitable. Jackson wanted to take over play calling which, obviously wasn't going to fly. Somebody had to go. He probably should've been fired after last season. I don't think Jackson is a good head coach, but a capable OC. Cleveland's main problem right now is pass protection. Holy cow yesterday's game was as bad as it gets. They couldn't get anything downfield. For some reason, won't throw the ball to Chubb when the game is close, and Haley was actually trying to use Landry underneath like a pseudo running back. That's kind of what Landry does, but the Steelers were looking for it. PIT was all over Landry, and Njoku didn't even see a target. If they don't find a way to keep defenses honest, Mayfield is going to get hurt. I haven't seen a QB take that many hits since we flattened Brady in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            Haley is Dorsey's guy. This was inevitable. Jackson wanted to take over play calling which, obviously wasn't going to fly. Somebody had to go. He probably should've been fired after last season. I don't think Jackson is a good head coach, but a capable OC. Cleveland's main problem right now is pass protection. Holy cow yesterday's game was as bad as it gets. They couldn't get anything downfield. For some reason, won't throw the ball to Chubb when the game is close, and Haley was actually trying to use Landry underneath like a pseudo running back. That's kind of what Landry does, but the Steelers were looking for it. PIT was all over Landry, and Njoku didn't even see a target. If they don't find a way to keep defenses honest, Mayfield is going to get hurt. I haven't seen a QB take that many hits since we flattened Brady in the playoffs.
            Yep! The pass protection is going ruin Mayfield lol. That hold yesterday in the endzone for that safety says it all about the Browns pass protection.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              Yep! The pass protection is going ruin Mayfield lol. That hold yesterday in the endzone for that safety says it all about the Browns pass protection.
              They're canning Haley too now. lol.

Greg Williams it is. And I approve. No more screwing around on that roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                They're canning Haley too now. lol.

Greg Williams it is. And I approve. No more screwing around on that roster.
                I trust John Dorsey man, I just do. And, Haley wasn't doing his job either. Or he would've told a rb to chip one of those free running defenders yesterday Never seen a defender running free at the qb so many times lol

Comment

Looks like they are promoting Al Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                    I'd rather keep VJ. He's decent OC, but one of the worst HC's of the last 30 years.
                    He's actually the second worst HC in NFL history. PFT had an article about it yesterday, minimum qualification was 40 games coached and Hue Jackson's record places him 218th out of 219 head coaches. The only guy below him was Bert Bell who coached the Eagles from 1936 to 1940.

Comment

Working...
                    X