Idea for Rules Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for Rules Changes

Field goals 50 yards or longer should be worth 4 points. That would change the strategy with all of those 4-point scores, especially near the end of the game.

Originally posted by Rixshow View Post
    Field goals 50 yards or longer should be worth 4 points. That would change the strategy with all of those 4-point scores, especially near the end of the game.
    Welcome to the MB!

This will be moved to a different forum.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Rixshow View Post
      I actually was thinking of this a few years back & while i think it's a good idea, 50 yards is too short of a kick to make it worth that extra point because kickers today can drill 50 yards easily & even up to 55.

so to make this a worth while change i feel it should be any kick of 60 yards or longer would be worth 4 points...because then it is truly a risk vs. reward scenario where you make it & obviously you get 4 points, however if you miss then you are giving up the ball at the 50 & that is a big risk.

not sure the number but i would guess less than 10 kicks ever have been made over 60 & it's rarely ever even attempted unless it's end of half or end of game situation, making it worth 4 points would entice teams to attempt it more often.
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome Rixshow!

As for your idea.....well, I am not big on giving more points on kicking attempts. For me, a team who is closer to the goal line has earned the points they get, whereas long field goals are fun to watch, but do not reward good O.

I know, it would add some excitement late in games, but again, I prefer O vs TOE.

Comment

Working...
        X