Blindside blockers banned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blindside blockers banned.

New rule change in NFL. What is the offense supposed to do now in this situation just let the defender Past him?

I don’t think it’s that big of an issue but you can thank players like Hines Ward that took joy in blindsiding defenders.

Comment

I have zero issue with banning blindside blocks.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
        New rule change in NFL. What is the offense supposed to do now in this situation just let the defender Past him?
        The offense can still get in the way, they just don’t have to put the amount of force into that we’re used to seeing. I’m glad to see this taken out of the game as I’ve always seen it as unnecessary the majority of the time. Breaking the defenders angle is enough to free up those extra yards.

Counterpoint I can see savvy defenders taking advantage of this and crashing into players trying to cut off that angle trying to draw a flag. Could turn into the nfl equivalent of a flop

Comment

Would Trap still be legal?
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Now quarterbacks are even protected when they throw picks
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
            X