Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Around the League 2019 season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ABQBronco25 View Post
    Not just one, but TWO Patrick Mahomes INTs negated by penalties. Chefs always have the officials in their pocket to lend a hand. I can't wait to (hopefully) see them choke in the playoffs in a couple weeks.
    To be fair they were both clearly offside penalties and Mahomes only tossed them up for grabs because he knew the Chargers were offside.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      We all know it’s a first half teaser....make us feel good... then the Pats roll them...
      Not sure the Pats are capable of rolling anyone, but I expect them to win still.

      Comment


      • The NE bailout flag on 3rd down...... looked very minimal contact to me.

        Comment


        • Pats tied up... no surprises there..
          sigpic

          Comment


          • The Saints are not taking this game lightly. Go Brees!

            Is it just me, but every time I see Rivers throw, I can not believe he is an NFL QB! Goes to show, not everyone has to be taught "one way" mechanics. I give him credit, he has a had a decent career.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              The Saints are not taking this game lightly. Go Brees!

              Is it just me, but every time I see Rivers throw, I can not believe he is an NFL QB! Goes to show, not everyone has to be taught "one way" mechanics. I give him credit, he has a had a decent career.
              This highlights the difference between GB and NO, and AR and Brees. One team and QB are 'good', the other team and QB are 'championship' level.

              I have to be honest and say that IMO it will be bad for the playoffs if NO get the number 1 seed. If they play at home the games will be a big mismatch and they will be in the SB with ease. For people who have no dog in the fight and are looking at it purely for entertainment I think NO not getting homefield is huge.

              Comment


              • Go Miami

                Its your Birthday

                Go Miami

                Its your Birthday

                Go Miami

                Its your Birthday

                Go Miami

                Its your Birthday

                Go Miami

                Its your Birthday

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                  This highlights the difference between GB and NO, and AR and Brees. One team and QB are 'good', the other team and QB are 'championship' level.

                  I have to be honest and say that IMO it will be bad for the playoffs if NO get the number 1 seed. If they play at home the games will be a big mismatch and they will be in the SB with ease. For people who have no dog in the fight and are looking at it purely for entertainment I think NO not getting homefield is huge.
                  I would have no issue if NO gets #1 seed, and gets home field. Such a great story so far....Brees gets hurt, Teddy keeps them in the race, and Brees returns with high quality play. This team may be one of destiny.....we shall see.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    I would have no issue if NO gets #1 seed, and gets home field. Such a great story so far....Brees gets hurt, Teddy keeps them in the race, and Brees returns with high quality play. This team may be one of destiny.....we shall see.
                    I like NO and don't mind if they go to the SB, but if they get the number 1 seed then the games become predictable. Just like when NE used to be the number one seed and everyone knew what the outcome was going to be.

                    Personally I would love to see NO go into SF or GB, that would be a classic.

                    I'm not sure about any great story or destiny, they have the best QB in the league, IMO, and thats why they are where they are.

                    If your looking for a great story or surprise this year it probably goes to SF.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                      I like NO and don't mind if they go to the SB, but if they get the number 1 seed then the games become predictable. Just like when NE used to be the number one seed and everyone knew what the outcome was going to be.

                      Personally I would love to see NO go into SF or GB, that would be a classic.

                      I'm not sure about any great story or destiny, they have the best QB in the league, IMO, and thats why they are where they are.

                      If your looking for a great story or surprise this year it probably goes to SF.
                      I like SF too. It would be a good story, for me as well.

                      But you are correct about Brees vs Rodgers. I have been a Rodgers fan for most of his career, but in the last couple, his accuracy has diminished. He misses wide open receivers on longer routes too often. If he was the old AR, GB has a real chance. I don't see them winning unless their D has some monster games.

                      Not a big excuse, but GB should have invested in at least one quality WR this year.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I like SF too. It would be a good story, for me as well.

                        But you are correct about Brees vs Rodgers. I have been a Rodgers fan for most of his career, but in the last couple, his accuracy has diminished. He misses wide open receivers on longer routes too often. If he was the old AR, GB has a real chance. I don't see them winning unless their D has some monster games.
                        Something just isn't right with that offense, I was very impressed with the D against Minnesota the other night. Anytime you have a pair of great pass rushers in the Smiths and AR you have a chance.

                        I guess in the NFC I just want great games, I don't really care who makes the SB in that conference.

                        In the AFC I don't really like Baltimore but I'm going to have to root for them. There is no way I want NE in 'another' SB and I just can't root for a division rival in KC. I don't think Houston or the others are good enough to upset these 3 teams.

                        Comment


                        • Amazing how Fitz and the lowly Dolphins are tearing up this D..... isn't it meant to be one of the best units to ever play ?

                          Comment


                          • Ha ha...why bother flashing Pats hi lites, just because they tied Miami, in Foxboro!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                              Amazing how Fitz and the lowly Dolphins are tearing up this D..... isn't it meant to be one of the best units to ever play ?
                              Yeah, according to Boston sports media and fans, their D was the best in the history of the NFL.

                              They’re delusional. However, I think they’ve come back down to earth with that. Their D is really good but not that world class, 85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, etc good.
                              Last edited by broncoslover115; 12-29-2019, 12:17 PM.
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                              Comment


                              • So Bronx.....do you watch the night games as well? Kinda late right?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X