Around the League 2019 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Agree with most of this. I would like to see Buffalo win but do you think they can conjure up enough offense to take down the Texans ?
    With JJ Watt being activated I’m not sure they can. Houston may have struggled down the stretch but they’re still very fast on offense and Hopkins can catch anything.

Comment

• Gotta give credit to Eagles coach Doug Pederson.
      Yes, the NFC East is terrible, but to get to 9-7 with the perhaps the most injury riddled roster is impressive. Don't know if they can survive against Seattle but credit to them for getting to the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
        Gotta give credit to Eagles coach Doug Pederson.
        Yes, the NFC East is terrible, but to get to 9-7 with the perhaps the most injury riddled roster is impressive. Don't know if they can survive against Seattle but credit to them for getting to the playoffs.
        Yes. But such a mystery of what to expect from them from week to week. Wentz just isn't the same great young QB. Injury really hindered him.

Comment

• So does Jason Garrett have to do some chores for Jerry Jones before he signs him? Maybe put the Christmas decorations away....clean the house, wash all his vehicles???

I am sure he wants to keep his job, but I have a sense that working for Jones is like driving a car but never being allowed to use the steering wheel.

Comment

Amazing how Fitz and the lowly Dolphins are tearing up this D..... isn't it meant to be one of the best units to ever play ?
            Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I have them ranked in the "not sure who played on that D" list. Clearly not even close to the all time greats!!!!

Again.....look who they have beaten this year.
            Just saw a post on FB that the 2015 Denver Broncos graded out as the best defense of the decade.

So yeah, while NE’s defense is really good, they’re certainly not the best ever.

Additionally:

Highest graded CB’s:
            Richard Sherman 94.9
            Chris Harris 94.6
            Casey Hayward 94.1

Highest Graded Edge Rushers:
            Von Miller. 94.6
            Kahil Mack. 93.5
            Cameron Wake. 92.1
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
              Just saw a post on FB that the 2015 Denver Broncos graded out as the best defense of the decade.

So yeah, while NE’s defense is really good, they’re certainly not the best ever.

Additionally:

Highest graded CB’s:
              Richard Sherman 94.9
              Chris Harris 94.6
              Casey Hayward 94.1

Highest Graded Edge Rushers:
              Von Miller. 94.6
              Kahil Mack. 93.5
              Cameron Wake. 92.1
              I think the Baltimore Ravens ended that discussion like two months ago. If not then, Fitzmagic just drop kicked it into the Atlantic. I didn't even know it was still a thing, but I can see it in Patriotville, where you have to hear it all day.

Also, I don't put much stock into those PFF grade things, but those numbers are bound to trigger some people in here. lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                So does Jason Garrett have to do some chores for Jerry Jones before he signs him? Maybe put the Christmas decorations away....clean the house, wash all his vehicles???

I am sure he wants to keep his job, but I have a sense that working for Jones is like driving a car but never being allowed to use the steering wheel.
                My gut tells me that JJ is waiting for some playoff games to end before making his decision.....that is why The "Zimmer" rumour resonates a wee bit with me. What else would be preventing him from signing Garrett by now??

Comment

• Everything is a drama with Jerry Jones but there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way Jason Garrett is back next season. It will be one of the biggest shocks of the season.

Comment

Everything is a drama with Jerry Jones but there is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way Jason Garrett is back next season. It will be one of the biggest shocks of the season.
                    I can't see it either.....if so, he should have been signed by now. Why keep meeting? It's what Jones wants, so it's not like Garrett has to go away and think about it. It's either yes or no, and Jones has the control. Either sign him, or let him loose.

I don't mind Jason, but I don't think he's going to be an NFL HC any time soon, if he is let go. For me, he was a product of the Jones environment, and it is unclear how big a role he truly played. I don't think that is a turn on for other organizations.

Hey Bronx, and everyone else of course, is this the year that McDaniels finally takes that leap again?? Or is he just going to join a team for a few days and steal the playbook, keys, and even some water bottles?
                    Last edited by CanDB; 01-02-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I can't see it either.....if so, he should have been signed by now. Why keep meeting? It's what Jones wants, so it's not like Garrett has to go away and think about it. It's either yes or no, and Jones has the control. Either sign him, or let him loose.

I don't mind Jason, but I don't think he's going to be an NFL HC any time soon, if he is let go. For me, he was a product of the Jones environment, and it is unclear how big a role he truly played. I don't think that is a turn on for other organizations.

Hey Bronx, and everyone else of course, is this the year that McDaniels finally takes that leap again?? Or is he just going to join a team for a few days and steal the playbook, keys, and even some water bottles?
                      JG has been at Dallas 10 years and achieved very little. This season they had a strong roster, were pretty healthy, and only finished 8-8 and lost the division to a team absolutely depleted by injuries. Dallas fans would riot if they brought him back.

I wouldn't want McDaniels. He is probably very talented but he was awful in Denver and had zero man management skills, he went to the Rams to work on offense for awhile and they struggled, he then screwed the Colts by turning his back on them, and this season when there is no Gronk and Brady is getting older he has not shown much creativity or managed to find a way for their offense to be successful. They look terrible on O.

Some team will probably make him their HC, but I wouldn't be very happy if I was a fan of that team.

Comment

JG has been at Dallas 10 years and achieved very little. This season they had a strong roster, were pretty healthy, and only finished 8-8 and lost the division to a team absolutely depleted by injuries. Dallas fans would riot if they brought him back.

I wouldn't want McDaniels. He is probably very talented but he was awful in Denver and had zero man management skills, he went to the Rams to work on offense for awhile and they struggled, he then screwed the Colts by turning his back on them, and this season when there is no Gronk and Brady is getting older he has not shown much creativity or managed to find a way for their offense to be successful. They look terrible on O.

Some team will probably make him their HC, but I wouldn't be very happy if I was a fan of that team.
                        Even if he returned the water bottles, and some of the playbook?

Comment

Even if he returned the water bottles, and some of the playbook?
                          lol

I was watching PFT with Florio and Simms earlier and they were matching possible HC's with teams and I can't remember which one said it but he suggested Mike McCarthy going to Dallas which I thought was a good idea.

They have a talented roster and McCarthy would have them playing with efficiency and discipline and add some toughness which they need. Their only question was whether he has learned to be more creative on offense so he would need to prove that during an interview or have a talented OC.

Comment

lol

I was watching PFT with Florio and Simms earlier and they were matching possible HC's with teams and I can't remember which one said it but he suggested Mike McCarthy going to Dallas which I thought was a good idea.

They have a talented roster and McCarthy would have them playing with efficiency and discipline and add some toughness which they need. Their only question was whether he has learned to be more creative on offense so he would need to prove that during an interview or have a talented OC.
                            I actually forgot about him. I liked him in GB.

Comment

lol

It wouldn't have been Florio, because he keeps pushing the rumour that the Cowboys will keep Garrett to do the day to day HC functions, while hiring Gary Kubiak to come in as "Co-head coach" and run the on the field during game days aspects, presumably along with the offence.

Comment

• Lots of folks forget that Wentz was 3rd in the NFL MVP race, just 2 years ago, as a star sophomore, only to have his year cut short with that severe injury. And as of today, he is yet to play in the playoffs, while Foles became a fav given his SB run, and even another playoff run last season.

I hope Wentz has a great game, and begins to regain some of where he left off, as an 11 and 2 sophomore.

Comment

Working...
                                X