Around the League 2019 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Redskins tried to get Denzel Ward as part of a trade for Williams. Can't blame a guy for asking, I guess.

Scuttlebutt around the league is that Patrick Peterson will not get dealt.
    Pats interested in Tyler Eifert, and Jets trying to trade everyone on their roster not named Sam Darnold. Cowboys have interest in J Adams.
    Bengals bench Andy Dalton. Probably can't trade him though, unless they give him away.

Aqib Talib to Miami. I won't even attempt to figure this one out.
    If a team is in a serious rebuild, why do they want an overly seasoned player like Talib? Leadership???

Comment

• The Jets and Cowboys are talking about a Jamal Adams trade.....which I hope does not take place unless The Cowboys sell the draft farm. Why do The Jets want to lose a young pro bowler, when you are in a rebuild???

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        If a team is in a serious rebuild, why do they want an overly seasoned player like Talib? Leadership???
        Talib might be able to teach the young players how to play the way Flores wants things done in the secondary. I don’t know if they were in NE at the same time, but if they were, that could be why.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
          Talib might be able to teach the young players how to play the way Flores wants things done in the secondary. I don’t know if they were in NE at the same time, but if they were, that could be why.
          Just heard the storyline....The Rams unload salary (and Talib, who is injured) in return for a 7th rounder in '22, while Miami gets a 5th rounder in'20, and Talib of course. So Miami gets the player and a better draft pick, but The Rams needed to make salary space. Both kinda win.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            I guess they're putting Howard on IR, but still. Like you said, it has to be about Flores building a culture there.

EDIT: I see your post now, Can.:thumb:

Comment

I guess they're putting Howard on IR, but still. Like you said, it has to be about Flores building a culture there.

EDIT: I see your post now, Can.:thumb:
              All good!

I had to hear it myself to realize what was up. The Dolphins are stocking up, even if in this case, it's only a small improvement. A 5 in '20 is a reasonable improvement over a 7 in '22.....given you usually give draft picks in earlier years, 1 round of value per year in advance. So the 5 for a 7 is actually close to a 4 round improvement.

Plus you have Talib, however which way you utilize him in your plans.

Hey, at least they're building up their asset base. According to what I can tell, they now have the following in the 2020 draft:

- 3 first rounders
              - 2 seconds
              - 1 third
              - 3 fifths
              - 3 sixths
              - 1 seventh

The first 3 rounds alone could change their future, in a nice way. A QB for sure, and given the holes, I'd go BPA for most of the other 5 picks.

Comment

• Jimmy G having a great game tonight. Clearly he is a quality QB.

Interesting question for me, is what Arizona will do when David Johnson and Chase Edmonds are healthy. Kenyan Drake is having a fabulous 1st game with the team!

Comment

• Wow....this is a really good game! Arizona is not going down without a fight!!

Comment

I bet he's not used as a traditional RB at all in ARI. Gase didn't like him as a 3 down...didn't even like him as a 2 down. Neither did the current staff. I think it's primarily because he's a home run hitter first before he's a guy you trust to get upfield and get positive yards. As a receiver out of the backfield, he's pretty good. Especially on vertical routes. Could be used to open up their offense a little, because right now it's pure garbo. They're going to lose every game where they can't just bludgeon teams with the running game. Even then they completely suck in the red zone. I have Zane Gonzalez on every fantasy team.

And we know they're not playing any defense with Joseph. Everybody has him figured out now. He'll generate pass rush, but that's all he can do. They should've traded Peterson for a 1st when it was reportedly offered. They couldn't stop the Saints running game, or short passing game, and M Thomas went off. So, what's the point?
                    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Jimmy G having a great game tonight. Clearly he is a quality QB.

Interesting question for me, is what Arizona will do when David Johnson and Chase Edmonds are healthy. Kenyan Drake is having a fabulous 1st game with the team!
                    It's only one game, but I'll eat this bucket of crow. That was the guy I thought I was drafting last year.

Comment

It's only one game, but I'll eat this bucket of crow. That was the guy I thought I was drafting last year.
                      I drafted Drake in one league, and never knew what to do with him. Seemingly under-utilized in Miami this year. But I held on given there was lots of trade talk. Then he goes to a team with apparently 2 starters already - Johnson and Edmonds, though both a bit injured.

What to do? They said he might play a lot prior to the game, but I don't have much evidence of his skillset, his adaptability, and if in fact Arizona even sustains drives against a pretty good D.

So I bench him, because that seems wise....and I have a decent other player to start for me. Bingo....Drake looks like a natural in Arizona!!! Oh well, the choices we have to make.

Question is, does he continue as a primary back for maybe one more week, maybe two...maybe not at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I drafted Drake in one league, and never knew what to do with him. Seemingly under-utilized in Miami this year. But I held on given there was lots of trade talk. Then he goes to a team with apparently 2 starters already - Johnson and Edmonds, though both a bit injured.

What to do? They said he might play a lot prior to the game, but I don't have much evidence of his skillset, his adaptability, and if in fact Arizona even sustains drives against a pretty good D.

So I bench him, because that seems wise....and I have a decent other player to start for me. Bingo....Drake looks like a natural in Arizona!!! Oh well, the choices we have to make.

Question is, does he continue as a primary back for maybe one more week, maybe two...maybe not at all?
                        Benching him was the right thing to do, because A, they're playing the 9ers where gamescript and defense apply, and B, given Drake's history I was expecting Zenner and Morris to get a bunch of carries.

What it looks like to me, even though it's early, is that he's in an offense that can better utilize him. He was doing everything that has been used against him last night. Setting up blocks, making decisive cuts, and getting positive yards after contact. If he does remain the starter, and continues having success, the first guy I'm going to look at is Adam Gase. Frank Gore hasn't given you what Drake just gave the Cards in about 5 years, and LeVeon Bell has been throttled all year.

Comment

Benching him was the right thing to do, because A, they're playing the 9ers where gamescript and defense apply, and B, given Drake's history I was expecting Zenner and Morris to get a bunch of carries.

What it looks like to me, even though it's early, is that he's in an offense that can better utilize him. He was doing everything that has been used against him last night. Setting up blocks, making decisive cuts, and getting positive yards after contact. If he does remain the starter, and continues having success, the first guy I'm going to look at is Adam Gase. Frank Gore hasn't given you what Drake just gave the Cards in about 5 years, and LeVeon Bell has been throttled all year.
                          Interesting!:thumb:

And yes, Drake looked like an every down back last night, and a good one.

Comment

• Further to.....had I known Hilton was out for weeks, I might have thrown Drake in there! Dang....can't rely on injury status stuff these days.

Comment

• Who’s the 9ers oline coach? He’s doing a fabulous job with 2 backups in at LT and RT

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ng-josh-gordon

How pathetic is it for Antonio Brown that the SeaChicks took a dude one mistake away from a lifetime ban over him?

On a side note: how is Seattle the best place for Gordon, given his issues?
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?

Comment

Working...
                                X